bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

As a former admin on Arma 3 I used to tell people "12 units of time" every time someone would ask for a "release date" 😂

Btw you are a scripting genius. I'm hoping for some advanced parking action. Hopefully there are some EMS related scripts? 😏

On 11/18/2019 at 4:34 AM, itchboy said:

I dont even acknowledge the existence of the like/dislike system. Could hardly care for it, and wished it could be removed but sadly the forum software forces its activation.

Reaper and myself are ironing out bugs with the Freightliner engine. We hope to get this taken care of in the coming week.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_11/download.thumb.png.5ac2662e0af8a166f7cd7cfd149c8086.png

Looks like a nightmare to drive thanks to the mid-control pump and the long wheelbase... http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

On 11/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, Matt1514 said:

What fire trucks will be in the main station? I don't know if many stations in Montana operate 2 engines out of a station or not for volunteer but it would be nice to see and Engine and Tanker or Engine in Rescue in the station. The mod looks amazing btw. Keep up the good work.

Engine + Tanker + Brush in the case of the on map station.

Based on all the research, most rural departments in Montana run engines, tankers, brush trucks and the occasional ambulance. Rescues and ladders are reserved for the bigger cities.

Some background on what we've found on the area:

In Beaverhead county, there appears to be only one rescue and ladder in the whole county according to the wildlife fire plan we found. They're stationed in the county seat while all other smaller towns usually have one engine, several brush trucks and 1-2 tankers.

It makes sense from what I have seen. Structure fires are rare in the area. Seems that year round, grass fires and MVA's are the majority of their calls. This is why they run brush trucks with jaws of life on board as their main vehicles.

This won't be followed 100% in the mod though, there will be a variety of calls for the player to solve.

Just curious, is there a way to delay the entry of off-map vehicles?

For example, if you needed to call a county rescue or HAZMAT, then could you have them delay before spawning to simulate them traveling to the map, wouldn’t be long of course, maybe 30 seconds, or less. Maybe this could be done with vehicles called via a characters command menu. Thought it could be a cool idea because of the fact that the area is rural. 

Possibly a future idea for a map, where my uncle lives in Montana the fire station is a shared building with the police station. Kinda a cool setup 

Also if you haven't already came up with a hazmat idea I know that the Laurel Mt area has a bunch of oil refineries and train yards. Just some ideas to potentially add to your town. I'm guessing you are looking more towards the non industrial more agriculture feel but the dirty refinery towns need some love too haha.

1 hour ago, Yankee43 said:

I don’t know about the engine but he mentioned that the Brushes will carry extrication tools as that is their main run vehicle. 

Most Volunteer departments don't cary extrication tools in a tiny brush truck. Its usually stored in an engine or rescue truck because of its size

52 minutes ago, Todd15 said:

Most Volunteer departments don't cary extrication tools in a tiny brush truck. Its usually stored in an engine or rescue truck because of its size

Most departments in my county, which is mostly volunteer and just starting to convert to paid, run tools on a squad truck. The engines are dedicated more to fighting fire. Even though, rural nature, there aren’t many structure fires. The brushes, or squads, run on almost every call. They are the most used trucks. 

In my case specifically, a station in my area  took an old Ram truck, and turned it to a brush truck with a slide out on the bed to store the new battery powered hurst tools. 

For my local station, they used to carry the air tanks used to refill SCBA on the squad truck. It’s just, cheaper, and more practical to concentrate your resources into a single unit in areas where they don’t have access to big city money where they can have dedicated companies for different functions. That’s why combination units, like the quint or rescue pumper, have become increasingly popular, most notably in smaller departments. 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:53 AM, Yankee43 said:

Most departments in my county, which is mostly volunteer and just starting to convert to paid, run tools on a squad truck. The engines are dedicated more to fighting fire. Even though, rural nature, there aren’t many structure fires. The brushes, or squads, run on almost every call. They are the most used trucks. 

In my case specifically, a station in my area  took an old Ram truck, and turned it to a brush truck with a slide out on the bed to store the new battery powered hurst tools. 

For my local station, they used to carry the air tanks used to refill SCBA on the squad truck. It’s just, cheaper, and more practical to concentrate your resources into a single unit in areas where they don’t have access to big city money where they can have dedicated companies for different functions. That’s why combination units, like the quint or rescue pumper, have become increasingly popular, most notably in smaller departments. 

I guess its all dependent on the department. Wellington Co. the town I volunteered in is basically a small city at this point so even though the department is made up of mostly volunteers and reserve crews its starting to become more of a city than the small farming town that it used to be. Mostly medical calls, MVA, few structure fires luckily. They also run an engine for medical calls so I'm not sure that is standard practice for smaller towns.

7 minutes ago, Todd15 said:

I guess its all dependent on the department. Wellington Co. the town I volunteered in is basically a small city at this point so even though the department is made up of mostly volunteers and reserve crews its starting to become more of a city than the small farming town that it used to be. Mostly medical calls, MVA, few structure fires luckily. They also run an engine for medical calls so I'm not sure that is standard practice for smaller towns.

Yeah, smaller towns have more freedom in terms of flexibility to operations. My county is very, divided. Half of my county is new and developed and densely populated. The other half is very rural. As you mentioned medical calls. My stations engines don’t run on med calls, but tones go out and the fire fighters run in their POVS to med calls along with an ambo. As you said though, it is on a case by case basis. 

• Upvote 1