bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Oh yeah, multiple deer fit in the back of a pickup truck. Now the exact number of deer depends on type of deer (mule deer vs white tale, big buck vs small doe, ec). Also when you start getting into elk one elk can mostly fit in a pickup and Moose can fit but its a lot more of a struggle (and you need a big truck)

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_08/image.png.af2e511fe1981060e304261cee156786.png

image.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wreckless180 said:

Is there an official download link yet or is is still in development? Hasn't this been in development since 2012? (not trying to be rude or anything btw.)

The mod was released three times: 2012, 2014 and early 2015.

All old links have been removed pending the completion of the latest version.

On 9/7/2019 at 9:00 AM, itchboy said:

Heal script WIP. Only the assess patient button works so far.

Due to the complexity of this concept, I'll have to scale back some of the elements that I had planned. Not all of the buttons you see right now will be in the final release.

BTW, is it planned to integrate the actions of unskilled personnel in this script? For example, a policeman may well be able to bandage the wound on his own before the EMS arrive, or do some other not complicated actions. It would be very interesting.

P.S. I also think it would be fun to divide the local medical staff into EMT and paramedics, in view of such a wide system of interaction with the victims. With small skills and a large number of the former and the opposite situation with the latter. This would force the player to more carefully distribute staff, it seems to me.

2 hours ago, Tyker said:

BTW, is it planned to integrate the actions of unskilled personnel in this script? For example, a policeman may well be able to bandage the wound on his own before the EMS arrive, or do some other not complicated actions. It would be very interesting.

P.S. I also think it would be fun to divide the local medical staff into EMT and paramedics, in view of such a wide system of interaction with the victims. With small skills and a large number of the former and the opposite situation with the latter. This would force the player to more carefully distribute staff, it seems to me.

The original mod already had first aid scripts for police and unskilled personnel. This will be kept in the upcoming version.

The new version of the mod does have a distinction between EMT's and paramedics. I just don't know how to set this up with the advanced heal script.

7 hours ago, itchboy said:

The original mod already had first aid scripts for police and unskilled personnel. This will be kept in the upcoming version.

The new version of the mod does have a distinction between EMT's and paramedics. I just don't know how to set this up with the advanced heal script.

You're doing a great job itchboy. I probably visit emergency-planet more often then I should just to see how your progress is going.

22 minutes ago, zappy125 said:

What actually is the difference between a paramedic and an EMT? I always thought they were the same, just like a synonym of the title.

In the US an EMT is limited to basic life saving skills. Bandaging, bleeding control, oxygen, vital signs, simple drugs like aspirin. Paramedics perform more complicated skills like cardiac monitoring/EKG, defibrillation, intubation, and they are able to give a much wider scope of drugs.

3 hours ago, bama1234 said:

In the US an EMT is limited to basic life saving skills. Bandaging, bleeding control, oxygen, vital signs, simple drugs like aspirin. Paramedics perform more complicated skills like cardiac monitoring/EKG, defibrillation, intubation, and they are able to give a much wider scope of drugs.

I'm an EMT in the USA.  Every state has their own guidelines to what each training level can do.  Some of my co workers said that you can do things in other states, that you can't in others.  Such as you can set up an IV in one state, where as in my state, you can't.  EMTs can use AED pads as ambulances don't really carry defib pads.  Paramedics can do a shit ton of stuff.  A simple google search would sufice.

EMTs do vary from state to state with some states like New Jersey barley allowing their EMTs to do anything and some states like Montana allow their EMTs to do a lot more, Montana specifically recognizes 4 different levels of EMS provider and various endorsements.

EMR (emergency medical responder, used to be called first responder) with possible endorsements to allow them to use pulse oximiters and naloxone (narcan)

EMT (emergency medical technician) with possible endorsements for: medication administration, IVs/IOs, airway (allows the use of a King Tube) and naloxone (narcan),

AEMT (Advanced emergency medical technician, can do basically all the stuff an EMT with all the endorsements can do) with possible endorsements for : medication administration (more meds)

Paramedic (can do all the stuff of an AEMT plus additional) with possible endorsement for: Critical care (transfer of critical patents/more meds and equipment)

https://leg.mt.gov/content/Committees/Interim/2017-2018/Economic-Affairs/Meetings/Nov-2017/EMT-scope-of-practice11-2017.pdf

16 hours ago, Fred03 said:

EMTs do vary from state to state with some states like New Jersey barley allowing their EMTs to do anything and some states like Montana allow their EMTs to do a lot more, Montana specifically recognizes 4 different levels of EMS provider and various endorsements.

EMR (emergency medical responder, used to be called first responder) with possible endorsements to allow them to use pulse oximiters and naloxone (narcan)

EMT (emergency medical technician) with possible endorsements for: medication administration, IVs/IOs, airway (allows the use of a King Tube) and naloxone (narcan),

AEMT (Advanced emergency medical technician, can do basically all the stuff an EMT with all the endorsements can do) with possible endorsements for : medication administration (more meds)

Paramedic (can do all the stuff of an AEMT plus additional) with possible endorsement for: Critical care (transfer of critical patents/more meds and equipment)

https://leg.mt.gov/content/Committees/Interim/2017-2018/Economic-Affairs/Meetings/Nov-2017/EMT-scope-of-practice11-2017.pdf

Pretty much.  Those are the training levels of the National Registry of EMTs, or NREMT.  EMRs are typically firefighters and police officers.  For example, from what I've been told about Pittsburgh fire and police, all firefighters are at the EMT level, as Pittsburgh EMS only hires paramedics.  Police need to be EMRs or they can't be part of the force.