bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

7 hours ago, Florian17 said:

DId I just watch 4 minutes of trains? Nice script! 

As mentioned, somtetimes there are vehicles stuck on the tracks as the lights go on.

7 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2019_08/image.thumb.png.74d4079767130fe47f70609eac34def8.png

This is the only issue I saw watching the video. When the car was stopped on the tracks the train did nothing to it.

There's no way for me to prevent vehicles and persons from wandering onto the tracks. The remedy for that is to disable collisions on trains so that they dont injure people or explode any vehicles.

1 hour ago, mrpoliceemsfirel said:

I know on the old download file there is a bug report submission, does the development team still review bugs on the old Montana modification that has since been removed?

We do, because we want to be sure no bugs from the last version remain. However, that does not mean we will release patches for the old version. We're going all in with v.2.5.

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

There's no way for me to prevent vehicles and persons from wandering onto the tracks. The remedy for that is to disable collisions on trains so that they dont injure people or explode any vehicles.

We do, because we want to be sure no bugs from the last version remain. However, that does not mean we will release patches for the old version. We're going all in with v.2.5.

I understand, I'll start stress testing and record information on my version that I have.

It would be super useful to me if I had consistent numbers on how much playtime you have before the game crashes, or the textures begin getting corrupted which preceeds a crash.

I'd also be happy if you are able to find out by how much the selection lag worsens over time.

28 minutes ago, itchboy said:

It would be super useful to me if I had consistent numbers on how much playtime you have before the game crashes, or the textures begin getting corrupted which preceeds a crash.

I'd also be happy if you are able to find out by how much the selection lag worsens over time.

I got it, I'm a professional tester, I got a few crashes, I just played 40 minutes and didn't experience any lag mainly because I had my render low. A few bugs here and there which will be logged.

18 hours ago, itchboy said:

This script isnt super essential, but it does solve one of the problems I had with the original mod: the rails were there but weren't functional.

I will be implementing one derailment, and one crossing accident into the mod. I just need some time to figure out how to do that while also maintaining functionality with the moving trains.

Maybe it would be nice if some unit had the power to communicate and stop que trains for the needed time to solve the derailment/accident!

Really nice script btw!

12 hours ago, itchboy said:

How are you currently stopping them from getting on the tracks? A big Virtual Object over the tracks?

ItchBoi, I noticed many times while playing 2.1, the ranger trucks don't fully pull into the parking spots.  They will either be around 5 feet away from the parking spot bump thing, or will pull off to the side, thus pulling some jaska** parking.  Wasn't sure if you are aware or not.

11 hours ago, Florian17 said:

How are you currently stopping them from getting on the tracks? A big Virtual Object over the tracks?

Yes actually. I turn the virtual object on and off depending on whether there is a train on the map.

2 hours ago, joker15x said:

ItchBoi, I noticed many times while playing 2.1, the ranger trucks don't fully pull into the parking spots.  They will either be around 5 feet away from the parking spot bump thing, or will pull off to the side, thus pulling some jaska** parking.  Wasn't sure if you are aware or not.

Yes, this is one of the bugs I attempted to fix. So far, it goes in about 95% of the time. They dont park correctly if there happens to be another person or vehicle blocking their way in the parking lot. It can also mess up sometimes when I use the "call ranger" command while the vehicle is parking at the same time.

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

Yes, this is one of the bugs I attempted to fix. So far, it goes in about 95% of the time. They dont park correctly if there happens to be another person or vehicle blocking their way in the parking lot. It can also mess up sometimes when I use the "call ranger" command while the vehicle is parking at the same time.

Ok cool.  It usually happens the majority of the time for me.  I had to place rangers in certain areas to ensure they park correctly most of the time.  Also, did you say you were planning to add some sort of medical GUI kind of thing for EMS calls?  If so, I can give you some IRL pointers to make it more realistic.  If interested in that, PM me.  Thx.

22 hours ago, itchboy said:

I can get around 30-35 minutes of play before the selection lag gets noticeable.

4 minutes ago, Florian17 said:

Have you tried using two virtual objects? One on each side of the track and only covering one lane? Then the cars wouldn't stop in the middle of the crossing.

Let me clarify: there are indeed two VO's, but the process of turning them on/off is what causes them to stop in the middle

There is no way to time it so the VO activates right at the point of the car's nose.

11 hours ago, The Loot said:

Perhaps checking for a vehicle colliding with the VO before changing them to barriers, with a short delay and repeat if there's a vehicle there? If you hadn't already thought of that.

Thats the method I do with the train crossing logic to check when the signals should go off.

I already have that kind of check for resetting the stop sign script. I could add it in but I dont know what the tipping point of lag is yet.

Mercifully, the missionscript method gives me some headroom. The best example is the stop sign script, It no longer uses a constant check script but the vanilla TLRed virtual object terrain, so that the virtual objects are by default going to stop the vehicles. I tell the missionscript to check the virtual object only once, and run the command to open up the virtual object once. Resetting it is where the repeat command comes in.

I had a thought on the topic of corralling animals. In the London Modification for Emergency 4 police officers can pepper spray dogs to capture them. In the Emergency 3 modification Notruf California, they had an animal control truck where you could equip the officers with a tranquilizer gun, which was just a rifle and it killed the animal but for purposes of RP it was just asleep and they put it into the truck and drove off with it. Perhaps you could do something like this with your park rangers. Rename a rifle a tranq gun, have them shoot the animal and then if possible just delay its death to roleplay the period of time it would take a drug to work its way through the animal's system.

I have that planned. The difficult part is lifting animals into vehicles for transport.

A question though: Does the default Em4 rifle look like a tranq gun or should I make some edits to it?

Another question. Will a deceased bear fit in the bed of a flatbed style pickup truck?

a900dd321bf6a3b78adef63c718cb574.jpg

Say one of these.