bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 6/28/2019 at 6:04 AM, itchboy said:

On 6/26/2019 at 8:07 AM, callumcockerill said:

How much would it roughly add?

A week, maybe a bit more depending on my schedule. However if there's an opening in my time, I could create the vehicle in a single day.

Even though it will add about a week go for it as it will give more units to use  

Also nice work with the mod can’t wait for the release. 

could we possibly get a change list, like what the differences would be from 2.0.1, to 3.0? not like photos and stuff, just a list of,
new units

changes to units

new/ changes to existing mechanics

etc

also, this mod looks amazing. this is the whole reason i got the game was for this mod, and was super sad whenever i found out it was pulled from the downloads, so i couldnt get it. i cant wait for the new version!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The parking script has caused problems for me that I couldnt reconcile, such as the vehicles warping into other objects, and the occasional problem where it warps into the spot.

Instead, I provided a script to rotate vehicles into a user-specified direction. It isnt precision parking but it does the job.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 1:50 AM, EM4forlife said:

could we possibly get a change list, like what the differences would be from 2.0.1, to 3.0? not like photos and stuff, just a list of,
new units

changes to units

new/ changes to existing mechanics

etc

also, this mod looks amazing. this is the whole reason i got the game was for this mod, and was super sad whenever i found out it was pulled from the downloads, so i couldnt get it. i cant wait for the new version!

Total revamp of gameplay. The game now runs using the Em4 mission system which has enabled me to make custom events that have never been seen in other mods. It has now enabled us to have custom buttons and optimized functions for things like stop signs. It also means that battalion chiefs or police are required at specific scenes.

Vehicle wise, they have been totally redone. We deleted all of the old vehicles and started from scratch. They are now accurate to the real life area, except for Monida Pass itself.

New commands and functions include interior firefighting, roof venting, functional ground ladders, functioning SCBA air levels, fish and wildlife ranger scripts, and some edits (I cant remember off the top of my head) for police.

We have plans on including a semi-realistic treatment system for injured people. It means that patients have to be assessed and specific treatments be administered to stabilize the patient before they can be transported.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, itchboy said:

We are not sure how deep we want to go, or if we can even make it 100% medical based like RTS.

I can only put so much because focusing on medical would take away from other agencies in the game.

I would personally compare it more towards Wegberg mod. Both are more in depth than other mods out there currently and specifically they both have SCBA levels and different scripts than you can get in free play generally as they are mission based. 

On 8/3/2019 at 10:12 AM, itchboy said:

Total revamp of gameplay. The game now runs using the Em4 mission system which has enabled me to make custom events that have never been seen in other mods. It has now enabled us to have custom buttons and optimized functions for things like stop signs. It also means that battalion chiefs or police are required at specific scenes.

Vehicle wise, they have been totally redone. We deleted all of the old vehicles and started from scratch. They are now accurate to the real life area, except for Monida Pass itself.

New commands and functions include interior firefighting, roof venting, functional ground ladders, functioning SCBA air levels, fish and wildlife ranger scripts, and some edits (I cant remember off the top of my head) for police.

We have plans on including a semi-realistic treatment system for injured people. It means that patients have to be assessed and specific treatments be administered to stabilize the patient before they can be transported.

I love hearing about the fact that there will be fish and wildlife ranger scripts, that's a really awesome and unique addition! I'm curious, what agency will handle the scripts? Will it be the actual US Fish and Wildlife Service? I've always adored their designs so would be neat to see them in em4, but regardless I'm stoked for the progress anyway, fantastic work!

22 hours ago, Alfa1561 said:

I love hearing about the fact that there will be fish and wildlife ranger scripts, that's a really awesome and unique addition! I'm curious, what agency will handle the scripts? Will it be the actual US Fish and Wildlife Service? I've always adored their designs so would be neat to see them in em4, but regardless I'm stoked for the progress anyway, fantastic work!

Its Montana FWP. I wont pretend it's some great thing though. All that's planned is the ability to collect animal carcasses for illegal hunting calls, or dismantling illegal camps on the state owned land found on the map. As of now, I have not figured out how to make 2 officers carry a dead bear to their truck. That doesnt mean I haven't been trying. I have implemented a temporary measure that deletes dead animals so the callout is marked as completed.

Hopefully Ill have more time next month for modding.

On the topic of animal callouts, I also have a call of a cow or horse that escaped from its pen. I have not figured out how to properly deal with it though. Should I make an animal control unit or just allow FWP and firefighters have the ability to "hold" animals and return them to a specific point on the map?

JVFyy9x.png

This guy forgot rule #0 in the criminal handbook: Dont commit crimes next to the police station.

I have implemented the lights on the Dodge and the brown CVPI. I will finalize the lights such as directional and flood light functions at a later date, most likely towards the end of development.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

Its Montana FWP. I wont pretend it's some great thing though. All that's planned is the ability to collect animal carcasses for illegal hunting calls, or dismantling illegal camps on the state owned land found on the map. As of now, I have not figured out how to make 2 officers carry a dead bear to their truck. That doesnt mean I haven't been trying. I have implemented a temporary measure that deletes dead animals so the callout is marked as completed.

Hopefully Ill have more time next month for modding.

On the topic of animal callouts, I also have a call of a cow or horse that escaped from its pen. I have not figured out how to properly deal with it though. Should I make an animal control unit or just allow FWP and firefighters have the ability to "hold" animals and return them to a specific point on the map?

JVFyy9x.png

This guy forgot rule #0 in the criminal handbook: Dont commit crimes next to the police station.

I have implemented the lights on the Dodge and the brown CVPI. I will finalize the lights such as directional and flood light functions at a later date, most likely towards the end of development.

Generally in my area we do not really have a way to deal with escaped large animals. Sometimes the state DEC officers or animal control through the town will hold the animal until the owner arrives as they usually have a trailer to move their own animals. Maybe you could make the Montana FWP truck be able to tow a trailer than the animal can be put into.

6 hours ago, Alex Neumeister said:

Generally in my area we do not really have a way to deal with escaped large animals. Sometimes the state DEC officers or animal control through the town will hold the animal until the owner arrives as they usually have a trailer to move their own animals. Maybe you could make the Montana FWP truck be able to tow a trailer than the animal can be put into.

Your idea seems like the most feasable because it means I dont have to make extra personnel just for the trailer. I can easilly make a script that also parks the trailer at the ranger cabin.

Id like to hear what other people wanna see done.

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

Id like to hear what other people wanna see done.

Our sheriff's office is usually tripped out to it if it is in or near the roadway and dispatch tries to get a hold of the owner to come get it. If they can figure out that the cows escaped from a nearby pasture then sometimes its just faster for the deputies to guide them back into the pasture. Then again, we rarely have state resources in our county except for the state park ranger, and we don't have federal officers whatsoever. I think having the option for the deputies to hold/"corral" the cows would be nice too.

22 hours ago, itchboy said:

As of now, I have not figured out how to make 2 officers carry a dead bear to their truck. That doesnt mean I haven't been trying. I have implemented a temporary measure that deletes dead animals so the callout is marked as completed.

You can make an invisible stretrcher (or something like that) and use script that needs two persons to carry strecher 

just what crossed my mind 

This script isnt super essential, but it does solve one of the problems I had with the original mod: the rails were there but weren't functional.

I will be implementing one derailment, and one crossing accident into the mod. I just need some time to figure out how to do that while also maintaining functionality with the moving trains.

• Like 4