bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

@itchboyI hope you are aware of the game crashing issue for when you go to shoot a car as a cop.  When you draw your weapon, and hover your mouse over a car, it will show handcuffs, as you cannot arrest a car.  When you click, the game freezes and crashes.  If you catch your mistake, manually clicking the shoot command will fix it for that moment.  

Large trucks get stuck on the tight corners and often do not move even if the traffic lights are green.  Therefore you have to shoot them and tow the trucks.  This is rather irritating when it comes to quick responses.

As a suggestion, if no ones asked already, could that parking script be added to the mod?  It would be quite helpful for parking on the narrow streets of the map without hindering traffic.  Also I'm sure you're already aware, but there is lag when you click on a unit.  Would it be possible to have a fix log?  Just wondering. http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png

I dont like the idea of a park script but I am willing to provide a script that allows you to rotate vehicles in a specific direction so that they are at least straight or 45 degree parked.

Fixing lag on units is a different deal. In the original mod, it lagged really badly but as of right now, it doesnt lag nearly as much.

All mods will have the selection lag but I have taken steps to reduce it in the current version of the mod.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, itchboy said:

All mods will have the selection lag but I have taken steps to reduce it in the current version of the mod.

That must be false.  Montana is the ONLY mod I have encountered that with.  No other mod I have played has lag when selecting a vehicle.

2 hours ago, joker15x said:

That must be false.  Montana is the ONLY mod I have encountered that with.  No other mod I have played has lag when selecting a vehicle.

I must be in a minority then because every mod lags out for me. LA, NYC and US Army lag the least while the worst offenders for me are the Bieberfelde mod, the Brooklyn and Manhattan mods, and Montana before I did optimization work on it. Other mods like Winterberg and Brandweer Helmond lag out in the same way but only in specific vehicles.

At this point, it might depend on how each PC is able to process the data for each vehicle's commands, but at this point I dont have a big enough testing pool to draw a conclusion.

I have a theory though: When I tried the West Lampeter mod, it lagged significantly more than most other mods, almost on the level of Montana. I immediately noticed that they had the same command icons. What I did was test that theory out by replacing the unit icons with the original LA mod ones, and the result was that it actually reduced the lag.

Now, I am not sure if it was just a fluke but that seemed to have improved performance in that mod. Why it does that? I have yet to know. Changing the texture wouldnt matter unless Em4 loads it up in a very weird way.

How about we do an experiment? Try replacing the command icons in the Montana mod (that you have) with the icons from the LA mod. If it comes out with the same result on your end, then maybe we have the answer to the lag problem.

On 11/7/2018 at 4:41 AM, itchboy said:

At this point, it might depend on how each PC is able to process the data for each vehicle's commands, but at this point I dont have a big enough testing pool to draw a conclusion.

I like the way this sounds.  Plus, I'm no modder, so I would have no idea how to replace the icons, nor do I wish to.

5 hours ago, tysohug said:

Im probably going to be banned from this topic for saying this but the Berlin ERS mod has this function

Why are you going to be banned for saying this? There isnt a reason for you to be banned. You havent broken any rules.

You're not the first to point out its similar to the ERS Berlin. It doesnt mean I'm not allowed to have make own script though.