bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 6/11/2018 at 1:52 AM, Vojtula said:

Couldn't that brush truck be used as a backup vehicle?  Or retired from active use and now some POV has it as I personal vehicle. And in case of emergency they use it? 

Perhaps it could be. Nobody will know until someone from there tells us. For now Ill just put an old halogen lightbar on it and it should be good.

I have a question regarding animals. If a cow or similar animal were to go loose, how would it be dealt with? I am considering giving FWP officers a tranquilizer gun so that they can load the animal onto their trucks. I am aware animal trailers exist for a reason but Id like to know what the details are on those.

Another call I have in the mod right now is confiscation of hunted animals. How would FWP go about disposing of the carcass?

The FWP vehicles have been pushed to near completion. All I need are doors and an interior and it should be good.

F350 cab by Ubisoft converted from Driver SF.

Em4Deluxe 2018-06-12 08-49-36-16.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, itchboy said:

Perhaps it could be. Nobody will know until someone from there tells us. For now Ill just put an old halogen lightbar on it and it should be good.

I have a question regarding animals. If a cow or similar animal were to go loose, how would it be dealt with? I am considering giving FWP officers a tranquilizer gun so that they can load the animal onto their trucks. I am aware animal trailers exist for a reason but Id like to know what the details are on those.

Another call I have in the mod right now is confiscation of hunted animals. How would FWP go about disposing of the carcass?

The FWP vehicles have been pushed to near completion. All I need are doors and an interior and it should be good.

F350 cab by Ubisoft converted from Driver SF.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_06/5b1f1984b84c6_Em4Deluxe2018-06-1208-49-36-16.thumb.png.c59891687b442301ba90a7758fcd4af0.png

FWP don’t handle cows. Domesticated animals (dogs, cows, cats etc) is usually handled by the local PD or sheriff. (Mostly sheriff because most Depts have livestock units). 

FWP usually handle the wildlife, where I’m at in the gulf coast area of Texas they usually handle alligators and snakes. I assume for Montana it would be bison?  

As a police officer I have had a few run ins with cows. What we mainly do is get it out of the roadway (we herd it with our Tahoes or we get the rookies out and try to push them) by that time the owner probably noticed there livestock missing and called us. If not we call the sheriff and they have a few F-250s and trailers and take them to a county contacted animal ranch. 

As for animal carcasses after they take pictures of the animal they send them off to homeless shelters or non-profits that provide food for the poor etc.       

Thats an interesting bed you put on the F-350 did you see the real life version with that? 

Hope that helps!

In my hometown rural (MO) area loose livestock events were like Rlizard described, someone (cop or a bored volunteer firefighter if they were nearby) would herd it out of the road and then call the owner to retrieve it. Dead deer were hauled off the road by the highway department or cops, we didn't have a homeless shelter in our area and most of the meat would be pretty bad by the time it would get to anyone who needed it, usually if someone hit a deer and wanted the meat they'd arrange to take it themselves.

Our biggest concern so far has been a horse trailer/cattle hauler wreck which we haven't dealt with yet but has happened nearby. In those situations the cops will dispatch the animal if its too injured AND is making it impossible to access a human patient but in other situations we generally have vets come out and assess and if needed put down or knock out the animals. In rural areas we make a lot of it up as we go...

As for poaching cases there I have a bit more experience. Depending on the "level" of forensics required the animal might be left where it was found and examined there or it can be taken back to a station for further analysis or in cases of significant interest (high value animals, serial poachers, etc) where a strong legal cases was needed the bodies would be sent to the US. Fish and Wildlife Service Forensic Lab but this would still be done from a station of some kind. So realistically you might have a poached wolf or something loaded up into a pickup truck and taken back to the warden/park police office.

On that note has anyone looked into a good "pickup truck" script? If it was done similar to the flatbed truck delivery missions in the U.S. Army mod it might open up a lot of new potential variations on different calls, the pickup truck is truly the most widely used vehicle in rural emergency services...

On 6/13/2018 at 4:46 AM, Fred03 said:

You raise a very good point on the poaching calls. Ill definitely have a script where FWP loads up the animals onto their trucks.

The problem I realize I have is that I now need to find a way to dispose of dead animals. Right now, the Em4 way is to pickup and delete the animal. I need to find a way to put the animal into a vehicle and send the vehicle away.

For the living animals, I cant find anything on Beaverhead sheriff having a livestock unit. I could create a fictional trailer and a pickup for it. Option B would be to give a firefighter the ability to "hold" the animal and drop it off on a nearby farm in the map. Another idea I had is a playable pickup truck towing an animal trailer from the humane society.

Myself and the boys had a discussion and we decided that it would be best for the mod to include the Beaverhead Fire District units. The fire district concept was discussed before and dropped, but now we realize its likely that the fire district is what would be sent as mutual aid instead of city/town based units.

Another big reason for our decision was because the forest fire call is actually very hard to complete with only 2 engines and 2 tankers. Another one of each combined with the pond drafting and portable tanks should make things easier.

So these vehicles will be making an appearance into the mod. They will be staffed by Dillon VFD firefighters as they are IRL.

Progress has already been made on creating the Freightliner engine. The Monida VFD tanker has also been started.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Emergency 4 community looking like strip-club. There is many great and beautiful mods like this or Miami and Zagorsk for example, but they are in permanent development stage of five or even ten years, without any download links but with giant ammount of teasing media content. For example i enter this site one time in year already ~6 years and don't see any epic changes. Except US Army mod, nothing real global and public.

Do releases, guys, nobody will shame you for some bugs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

16 hours ago, Lozano71 said:

Emergency 4 community looking like strip-club. There is many great and beautiful mods like this or Miami and Zagorsk for example, but they are in permanent development stage of five or even ten years, without any download links but with giant ammount of teasing media content. For example i enter this site one time in year already ~6 years and don't see any epic changes. Except US Army mod, nothing real global and public.

People already did shame us for bugs and issues back in 2015, and we dont intend on repeating that same mistake.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, itchboy said:

People already did shame us for bugs and issues back in 2015, and we dont intend on repeating that same mistake.

Part of the problem is people that have no concept of how much time and work is put into things like this judge and pout immediately, instead of attempting to help the problem. Or don’t choose to just not open their mouths  at all and understand that things take time and won’t be 100% right off the bat. I know it can be taxing and the constant berating from some immature ignorant people is the reason as to why early versions aren’t released. I’m in agreement with both parties here because I can see both sides. I look at what people say about EmergeNYC and it drives me nuts. So much negativity when they can’t even comprehend the work that actually needs to be done. So in closing, keep up the PHENOMINAL work!! And don’t let a bunch of morons deter you from this amazing thing you’ve created. It’s very pleasing to see people that still put the time and effort in to create such awesome content for the community. Thank you...!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Some people want AAA development of mods, they expect mods to brought out as quickly as updates for a AAA game like GTA, they forget that not all of us have any background in game development (For example I have no background in coding, moddeling etc, I have had to learn through this game) and that there isn’t a huge team of many people working on these things. If you release early with bugs you just end up getting chased for fixes or moaned at about it (even though a lot of the time they are the ones who pushed you to release early).

Back on topic, what capacity is that Beaverhead tanker you posted above Itch.

• Downvote 2

On 6/17/2018 at 8:40 AM, Lozano71 said:

And what are you doing to contribute? .... (crickets)

As Itchboy said, we did in fact receive a lot of complaints about the instability and bugs of our last release. That's why we're taking our time for the next release. This has been stated multiple times in this thread already.

Making a complete mod for Em4 takes an immense amount of time, hard work, learning, trial and error. I've been doing it for 10 years and I still have things to learn. We do it for free. We have personal lives which take priority. So unless you're going to pay my salary, frankly, put up or shut up.

Asking for release dates is against site rules. Demanding a release is no better. Besides that, it's not even relevant for this mod, since we have guaranteed a release will come and we try to post regular updates. I'm not sure if you've been warned already, but I can promise I will make sure that any future comments of this nature see administrative action taken.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 18.06.2018 at 8:48 AM, itchboy said:

Shame modder for buggy mod.. It is so stupid. In this logic better have no mod than have mod with bugs.

18 hours ago, bama1234 said:

And what are you doing to contribute? .... (crickets)

As Itchboy said, we did in fact receive a lot of complaints about the instability and bugs of our last release. That's why we're taking our time for the next release. This has been stated multiple times in this thread already.

Making a complete mod for Em4 takes an immense amount of time, hard work, learning, trial and error. I've been doing it for 10 years and I still have things to learn. We do it for free. We have personal lives which take priority. So unless you're going to pay my salary, frankly, put up or shut up.

Asking for release dates is against site rules. Demanding a release is no better. Besides that, it's not even relevant for this mod, since we have guaranteed a release will come and we try to post regular updates. I'm not sure if you've been warned already, but I can promise I will make sure that any future comments of this nature see administrative action taken.

I'm surprised to see so angry reaction for simple question. Are you think i care about administrative actions? On account with one post and two (after this post more) minuses? Do not make me laugh.

Now I learned that the local community is very fastidious and will bully developers for having any bugs and unstable mods. Well done, let them sit without content further.

You can report this post now, also you can shame me again and say me "shut up" one more time for getting more pluses. I wish you luck with development (no sarcasm, mod is look magnificent), i'll be back next year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

It's their mod, they manage it as they want. Besides, many people in this community, including me, prefer a perfect, stable mod, rather than a good, but unstable mod. Everything I've seen so far seems to be very good, the modders take their time and effort making and polishing everything, and in exchange they only want us to be patient.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Lozano71 said:

Shame modder for buggy mod.. It is so stupid. In this logic better have no mod than have mod with bugs.

I think its reasonable to place responsibility on the modder for them to make their project as good as it can be.

Regarding criticism, this place, or anywhere really isnt supposed to be a circlejerk where poor work is rewarded with praise just because. The Em4 modding community will only stagnate further if people just release half-assed mods with no substance to them. Nobody wants that.

Once again I understand your concerns about wanting the mod done, but like I said, its damned if I do, damned if I dont.

Basically its this:

• If I release a mod too early with bugs, people complain.
  • If I take my time on a mod and make it good, another set of people complain.
1 hour ago, Lozano71 said:

Now I learned that the local community is very fastidious and will bully developers for having any bugs and unstable mods. Well done, let them sit without content further.

I can promise you that the vast majority of criticisms are not bullying myself or any developers. Criticism has nothing to do with the rate at which the mod gets completed. Miami mod for example doesnt get criticism (constructive or harmful) at all, yet its progress is slow because EmC Unit simply does not have the time to work on it as he did in 2013.

This is my final say on this whole topic. Id like to politely request that everyone go back to the topic of discussing the mod.

Besides, having to engage in discussion about the mod's release date is only further delaying the mod.

Here are some more updates.

Oil-dri and push broom functionality coming soon.

The Monida VFD Mack truck has been UV mapped. Civilian lights have been added in the editor. All I need is a template and some wheels and she's game-ready. I have some issues with it though. This particular tanker is a repurposed civilian tanker. Assuming the VFD installed a portable pump on it, what kind of capacity and rate would it have?

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 6/19/2018 at 11:52 PM, itchboy said:

I think its reasonable to place responsibility on the modder for them to make their project as good as it can be.

Regarding criticism, this place, or anywhere really isnt supposed to be a circlejerk where poor work is rewarded with praise just because. The Em4 modding community will only stagnate further if people just release half-assed mods with no substance to them. Nobody wants that.

Once again I understand your concerns about wanting the mod done, but like I said, its damned if I do, damned if I dont.

Basically its this:

• If I release a mod too early with bugs, people complain.
  • If I take my time on a mod and make it good, another set of people complain.

I can promise you that the vast majority of criticisms are not bullying myself or any developers. Criticism has nothing to do with the rate at which the mod gets completed. Miami mod for example doesnt get criticism (constructive or harmful) at all, yet its progress is slow because EmC Unit simply does not have the time to work on it as he did in 2013.

This is my final say on this whole topic. Id like to politely request that everyone go back to the topic of discussing the mod.

Besides, having to engage in discussion about the mod's release date is only further delaying the mod.

Here are some more updates.

Oil-dri and push broom functionality coming soon.

The Monida VFD Mack truck has been UV mapped. Civilian lights have been added in the editor. All I need is a template and some wheels and she's game-ready. I have some issues with it though. This particular tanker is a repurposed civilian tanker. Assuming the VFD installed a portable pump on it, what kind of capacity and rate would it have?

I think that a tanker like that would have a capacity of 3000 gallons and if a pump was installed it would be no more than 250gpm.

I personally think a tanker that size should hold about 13,000 litres (not too sure but I think that is about 3000 gallons) as that is what I would expect to see of a tanker that size

22 hours ago, topfuzz said:

For those complaining, the old version is out there on the interwebs and its totally playable, just some minor traffic issues, which I have mostly resolved.

The old version's traffic issues are easily solved by redirecting vehicles at vehicle spawn points and removing the stuck ones. 

I break my promise because I found version 2.0.1 in the Internet and going to share my impressions.
Let's start from the atmosphere. It's perfect. Remind's me Hometown track in Need For Speed High Stakes. This MPPD units based on early 2000's cars looking great. I love all 80's- early 00's emergency units mainly and will glad to see more such vehicles in this mod. Game world is too looking very cool. Real american rural scene, which so rare in games. Mostly game world inpired big and famous cities. Emergency 4 Modding Community not an exception from this rule, most known mods is NYC and LA.

22232698_s.jpg

Also map creators paid many attention to small, but pretty and nice details, like this road sign. t's little bricks, from which builded so great atmosphere. I love it.

22232722_s.jpg

I also liked the realism of situations. Wife beat husband, run from home, cops arrived, caught her, EMS drive husband to the hospital. I asked yourself, maybe i should call one more police car vehicle and drive away kids too? Just for roleplaying. In this moment i note a man, which entered a building. It's their relative and he can take care about them (man in brown suit on last picture) .
22232756_s.jpg

22232757_s.jpg

22232755_s.jpg
When i opened unit menu, i asked question, why there is boat unit, this map haven't any big lakes or powerful rivers.  At that time, I noticed only small ditches with water.
I understood my mistake after this MVA. I saved pedestrian and Prius driver, removed vehicle and leaved to other callout. Then i notice, MVA callout not ended. With horror i get back to MVA scene.

22232838_s.jpg

After reconnoitering the area, I found that I had missed a car that had flown into the water. Driver unfortunately was already dead, i wasted too many time.

22232912_s.jpg

Apparently the night of the witches was approaching. The problems did not end. I tried to call the coroner. One person arrived who could not do anything. I asked for two coroners, four people came with two stretchers, they took the deceased driver away. The coroner that arrived first I had to be wounded with a pistol shot and taken to the ambulance so there would not be too much point on the radar. The first van was taken away by the newly arrived coroners.
This callout was one which i failed.

Other callout was green in game but red in real. Other MVA. I equiped fireman with life-jaws and made he drive this nice small red pickup.

Police work perfectly, they bordered MVA scene, fireman puted out the nascent fire. But firefighter with life-jaw wasn't able to cut vehicles. I have two possible answers on question "why?". First - bug, second - feature (it is volunteer fireman and possible haven't skills to work with it). Anyway, I had to call the BCFD and they already cut the cars. Unfortunately these drivers were already dead. Although the beginning was very good.
22233058_s.jpg 22233059_s.jpg 22233060_s.jpg 22233061_s.jpg
However, the coolest unit in my opinion anyway, this small fire truck. It's old-fashioned, fast, but at the same time functional. He cope with small fires and assistant functions to other services.

22233141_s.jpg

After a couple of hours of playing, I learned how local services are called through dispatchers. Yes, it's like LA Mod, but LA Mod haven't volunteer fire station. Now I try to reduce the use of county, state and federal rescue services, bypassing town services like MPPD and local fire station. Limited resources is nice feature. But MHP posts on city limits is good to have. In case of grand theft auto, for example, idk about this callout possibility.

Yes, mod sometimes crash and had some bugs like missing police station roof or situation where attempt of manually (without stretchers) pick up of injured man with spineboard available and make many errors with ability to don't close game. Anyway it really cool modification, which possible haven't analogue.

As conclusion, some my suggestions for future. Add more old-fashioned units from 90's and early 00's, like 1991-1996 Chevrolet Caprice and 1992-1997 Ford Crown Victoria, retextured vintage ambulance from LA mods for local and county agencies. More modern impalas and 1998+ FCV can be given to state troopers and FBI. I already see vintage fire trucks ITT and like it. Mod is going to be pretty nice and domestic. Something for soul. Not noisy megapolis, but little "hometown" where human life value is more higher. Hope this review will useful and dilute the negative mass reviews from people which can't play with some bugs for good atmosphere.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Lozano71 said:

I break my promise because I found version 2.0.1 in the Internet and going to share my impressions.
Let's start from the atmosphere. It's perfect. Remind's me Hometown track in Need For Speed High Stakes. This MPPD units based on early 2000's cars looking great. I love all 80's- early 00's emergency units mainly and will glad to see more such vehicles in this mod. Game world is too looking very cool. Real american rural scene, which so rare in games. Mostly game world inpired big and famous cities. Emergency 4 Modding Community not an exception from this rule, most known mods is NYC and LA.

Lozano

Thank you for your post. I appreciate all the kind words and I'm sure itchboy does as well.

I apologize if I offended you with my previous comments, I believe I mistook what you were saying to be demeaning/demanding as opposed to just making suggestions.

As for your suggestions, I'm not sure if we have any Caprices or older Crown Vics planned but I do know Itchboy is doing that Dodge Intrepid and we're going to keep the existing older units already in the mod. Version 3.0 will have new models that are both retro and modern day, but most importantly it will be more accurate to the real life units found in that area.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1