bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

17 hours ago, General_Cool said:

Is the marked police car fleet limited to just those two cars, or those two car models? Or is that old now? I would absolutely rave if we got an Intrepid, a CVPI, a Lumina, and a Caprice. I'd also love to see a 90's Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Yukon XL. Good luck my guy.

Its only 2 vehicle models because a small town department wouldnt have so many different vehicles due to the costs related to maintaining them. There are a total of 4 police vehicles which represents the whole department. Three unique models of vehicle (2 sedans and one SUV) is fairly consistent compared to the real life sheriff department which runs a similar setup.

Im content with the 2 sedans that people voted for but the SUV is still subject to change. I made a poll of the SUV because I just cant figure out which one I want to use.

14 hours ago, itchboy said:

Its only 2 vehicle models because a small town department wouldnt have so many different vehicles due to the costs related to maintaining them. There are a total of 4 police vehicles which represents the whole department. Three unique models of vehicle (2 sedans and one SUV) is fairly consistent compared to the real life sheriff department which runs a similar setup.

Im content with the 2 sedans that people voted for but the SUV is still subject to change. I made a poll of the SUV because I just cant figure out which one I want to use.

Thats too bad. This is the only mod I've seen thats even offered the idea of a Lumina or Caprice. I still like the realism though.

19 hours ago, General_Cool said:

Thats too bad. This is the only mod I've seen thats even offered the idea of a Lumina or Caprice. I still like the realism though.

I want to do a Caprice model just for the heck of it, but it will have to be for another project at another time.

Seems that the 90s GM SUV is winning the poll. Looks like Ill have to get my reference imagery ready.

The county detective car is done. More PD units coming soon. Model by Ubisoft, converted from Driver SF.

JxDspUO.png

Even if the the vehicle models are incomplete, the mod is actually playable. Here is a homicide call ingame.

i1qLhzP.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, itchboy said:

I want to do a Caprice model just for the heck of it, but it will have to be for another project at another time.

Seems that the 90s GM SUV is winning the poll. Looks like Ill have to get my reference imagery ready.

The county detective car is done. More PD units coming soon. Model by Ubisoft, converted from Driver SF.

JxDspUO.png

Even if the the vehicle models are incomplete, the mod is actually playable. Here is a homicide call ingame.

i1qLhzP.png

looking good man also if your looking for photos off 1990s GMC suvs try this link it may help you

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/rwcar4photo/sub3.html

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/rwcar4photo/tahoe97.html

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/rwcar4photo/yukon.html

5 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

hey itchboy, not sure but I thought you'd find this cool.

Im guessing you want something like this in Montana. For now, we're not interested in doing something like this. Bama and myself are already happy with the water drafting and dump tank setup we've created. If I am to do something like this, I would set it up so that the connection point wouldnt be from the hose bed (which has no connection to the pump) but to the pump directly. Ive been told its unrealistic to move a fire engine when connected to the pump because the engine is running the pump and not driving the vehicle forward, but its the only way to get it working in Em4.

For any modders watching...the scripting in that video isnt that hard. All you need to do is modify Hoppah's LWS so that the invisible firefighter's position is constantly updated with the movement of the engine. You also have to allow the engine to move even if the water supply is installed.

Major find. @Reaper found this video of the real life units for Lima VFD. The Ford truck is apparently retired but Im glad that I at least have guides for the ambulance and brush truck.

4 hours ago, mercurygrandmarquis1 said:

An old school code 3 lp6000 or a federal aerodynic would look good on this

The LP6000 is one of the lightbars I had planned for several units.

I already have an Aerodynic model setup for the Lima VFD engine. Stay tuned.

Another lightbar Id like to bring attention to is the SVP Impulse 2000 which will make an appearance on a tow truck I have planned for the mod.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:41 AM, itchboy said:

Hey there,

As you stated above, "even if the vehicle models are incomplete, the game is still playable." Does this mean that progress has gotten to a point in which it it stable for players, and possible release in the future? (1/2 months?)

Thanks,

Brooklyn

9 hours ago, BrooklynDispatcher said:

Hey there,

As you stated above, "even if the vehicle models are incomplete, the game is still playable." Does this mean that progress has gotten to a point in which it it stable for players, and possible release in the future? (1/2 months?)

Thanks,

Brooklyn

Not necessarily. It would be a disservice to everyone If I released a mod with unfinished assets.

I believe that if a mod is released in even alpha or beta with unfinished models and/or missing lights, it should not be released. I count that as unreleasable as I personally believe it is not finished enough for any sort of release. It missing some models or scripts that are going to be in the full release is still releasable as we can still play it without anything missing.

On 1/6/2018 at 2:57 AM, itchboy said:

Another one down. Needs a texture obviously.

Is there a reason why the real truck has no lightbar? Is this vehicle retired or is this truck a POV with a detachable mini lightbar.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_06/Untitled.thumb.png.036dc4eab4410b000efca8ce5e0103f1.png

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_06/Untitled.png.837dd59ad39c33ce964a6e64d5e4f255.png

Its entirely possible they just don't have lights on it. It might not be a first out unit but it looks like its still rigged for wildland fires. Toss it in game without a lightbar if you want to be 100% faithful or tiddy it up to look cool, its your mod bro.

22 hours ago, mcflame1 said:

I believe that if a mod is released in even alpha or beta with unfinished models and/or missing lights, it should not be released. I count that as unreleasable as I personally believe it is not finished enough for any sort of release. It missing some models or scripts that are going to be in the full release is still releasable as we can still play it without anything missing.

For simplicity's sake Ill release the mod when everything's completed, and all major flaws taken care of.

53 minutes ago, Fred03 said:

Its entirely possible they just don't have lights on it. It might not be a first out unit but it looks like its still rigged for wildland fires. Toss it in game without a lightbar if you want to be 100% faithful or tiddy it up to look cool, its your mod bro.

I want to throw a lightbar on it, an old school one specifically. Ill probably use what was suggested to me in previous posts.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:46 AM, BrooklynDispatcher said:

Hey there,

Thanks,

Brooklyn

As Itchboy stated above me -

We won't be releasing until everything is entirely complete. Releasing too early without proper testing and optimization, and even a few missing or hurriedly-made assets, was the mistake we made last time. This time everything will be completed and revamped, and the optimization and pre-release testing will be thorough.

now that looks old and would fit on the older vehicles perfectly good  job man it looks damn good

It would appear that the 80s GMC brush truck is in service. This photo from FB is dated April of this year. If you squint enough you can see what looks like a white pickup with white boxes and a yellow stripe on the rear flatbed which means its probably the same truck.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1