bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

E1jdbLb.png

Ive had this model sitting unused for 2 years now. I think I'll just have this as the Monida police SUV instead of an older Tahoe. It would probably look good next to the Intrepid cruiser too.

Sorry for changing my previous judgement, but I felt that it would have been weird having the same model for Monida's police SUV and the Butte police SUV.

Monida Pass VFD is getting an old Ford fire truck for their engine. Anyone have suggestions for what the tanker should be? Try to keep it to something from before 1990.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_04/Untitled.png.c2971f1784116e5d83157ec5c7870ca7.png

Both models created by me.

Untitled.png

• Like 1

Top one is 1800

bottom one is 3000

If Water is a real concern you could always go for a semi tanker set up, I’m sure it could be done in a similar way to tillers.

This one holds 5000

https://goo.gl/images/EcgojJ

While I've seen volly departments in rural areas with tankers like semi tankers they're problematic because 1. Most were not built to hold water so they're inherently dangerous, 2. They don't maneuver in confined spaces well. Plus tiller mechanics have never been done accurately, sure the LA Mod tiller works and that was groundbreaking for the time BUT we all know its not realistic and is still buggy. I suggest sticking with the single unit tanker/tender, also I'm personally a fan of the "cobbled together" look for a VFD as I think that more accurately represents most rural VFDs, maybe one or two trucks that are nice and new but the rest are pretty old. For that reason I submit this as my tanker/tender suggestion.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_04/image.png.87beeafe84ad737f85e61e8bfe96b9e8.png

In other news everything looks great!

image.png

Way back when I started on my hometown Vol. FD, we had 2 tankers.  I found some old pics, they aren't the best, but these were the tankers (tenders) we were using then.

Tanker 2 - Military surplus unit?

Another pic of Tanker 2

PARTIAL pic of Tanker 1

Better Pic of Tanker 1

if I remember, T2 was about 1500 gal, and T1 was about 2000 gal.

Eventually we upgraded to a nice big tanker that if I remember was like 3500 gal.  I can't find a photo of that, but is like a larger version of the 1800 gal. one that TACRfan posted

We previously considered a military surplus unit for the mutual aid DVFD tanker but it was scrapped based on the idea that a tanker isnt going to respond from 60 miles away.

Another suggestion Id like to put forward.

Quakertown Fire Company Tanker 91-71 - 1992 Mack RD/Saulsbury 400 Pump - 3,000 Tank

I appreciate you sharing those old-school pictures btw. I really like the GMC tanker.

On an unrelated topic, the next version of the mod will finally have a proper hospital model. This model actually has been sitting unfinished in the mod folders for years now.

Here come some questions:

• Would a town such as Monida have a community medical center or is this just a clinic. A major hospital would seem out of place here so that option wont be considered.
  • In the first place, what kind of building would such a model represent?
  • Are places like this publicly funded or privately owned?
  • What kind of medical injuries would a health center cover? Do they have an ER, or rooms for patients? What other rooms would typically be in the building?
  • Would people be happy with a script that sends the most severely injured patients offmap instead of the onmap hospital?

For reference, the closest thing I could find IRL is the Barrett Hospital in Dillon.

1667065_orig.png?262

Model is WIP, by bama1234. Interior, roof and UV mapping to be done by me.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

I’m not 100% sure on how hospitals in small towns work in the US but I think in terms of that list of things this is what I would want to see.

A community medical centre

I would say it would be privately owned

A small ER, 3-4 beds, some general treatment rooms and the usual other types of rooms, Drugs storeroom, toilets, waiting area etc.

I like the idea of the off map major trauma centre.

In my town (Of about 10,000 so were pretty small) We have a small healthcare center used for non-emergency's or very small ones such as broken bones, checkups, stuff like that. My fire departments ambulances usually don't transport people with major injuries there, in that case they would transport to a real hospital a couple towns over.

Both the healthcare center and the hospital are publicly funded.

The healthcare center in my town has a couple doctors and nurses, a waiting room, and a few rooms where people get checked out. It closes at 8:00 PM The idea is that if you get hurt but can still drive, you go there, and if you receive an injury bad enough to the point where you can't drive you call 911 and the EMT's take you to the hospital 2 towns over. 

The model your showing us would probably be something similar to what I just described. A place where people go for minor injuries, where ambulances would probably need to transport off map. So the script you described would actually work perfectly here.

Carolina's Medical Center (now Atrium Health) operate the only medflight in my area. There is a CMC hospital here in my county, Stanly County, but if a Medflight Helicopter comes out here, it hardly ever takes an injured person to the hospital in my county, they'll fly the person back to Mecklenburg County, almost an hour drive away. If the person is in the hospital here, but they need better care, an ALS Ambulance will come from Mecklenburg county and take them to the hospital there or the helicopter will do it. 

Town of 500 resident here. In my town we have a medical clinic that people go to just like a doctor's office. The ambulances do not transport there and but on occasion do pick up people there. The closest hospital is 45 miles away and its tiny and not able to do very much but patients are transported there for things like broken bones or other minor stuff. Anything major (unknown difficulty breathing, cardiac, major trauma, etc) is taken to the hospital about an hour and a half away. The worst patients go by air to a major city hospital 2 or 3 hours (by ground) away. The ambulance comes from a free standing ambulance base in the next town south (1 ambulance, 1 medic, 1 EMT to cover 1 county including 3 small towns and an highway), all of the VFDs have landing pads for the helicopters.  Our sheriff's department also picks up people without cars and drives them to the clinic in town sometimes for their doctor appointments but its definitely not somewhere an ambulance would take someone. That's how it works in my small town.

However in some places like Grand Canyon National Park the ambulance takes patients to a small clinic that works more like a real ER (they have the ability to do a lot of stuff for trauma and cardiac, etc) that stabilizes them and they are then flown out by helicopter to a major city.

I think the first example from my hometown is most relevant (I just wanted to include the other one to show that such a system does exist in some places) so you could have a clinic and have people need to be picked up there by ambulance. Or maybe have it be a mission for the sheriff's department to move people to the clinic (idk how to script that). But in the end its your mod, whatever it is will be great. I know many of us are just thrilled to have a small town represented.

Thank you to everyone who provided insight.

So that the large plot of land in the mod doesnt go to waste, Ill have BLS calls go to the hospital. Everything else is sent to the hospital in Dillon which is an hour away. The medical system wont be the most accurate though. The way I plan on doing it is that as soon as a medic heals a patient, the patient is assigned an injury level based on the amount of red bar health they are currently losing. It wont be changeable or what, but Ill try to at least represent some level of realism.

I need help decorating the interior of the facility. This is the ER. What props would I need to model to make it at least appear functional?

IerLSkx.png

I dont know what Ill do with this side room. Maybe make it the spawn point for the paramedics.

https://imgur.com/vo1dkpY

This main hall is the waiting room and lobby. There's an elevator there for the second floor, or should I replace it with conventional stairs?

https://imgur.com/T91oXRU

Here's a preview of another unit. This is Lima VFD's brush truck.

Cab by MikeyPI, rear end by me. Special thanks to Reaper and Armyconrad for helping me figure out what all the compartments and machines were.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2018_04/Untitled.thumb.png.662543cdf523e2e66a4cee30e1f6d54a.png

Untitled.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

There should at  least be curtains around the beds if they're not put in separate rooms, in all the ER's where I live there are separate rooms for each bed. Some sort of a computer terminal would be a nice touch, even the smallest clinics around here have switched to computer based records instead of paper. Cabinets on the wall holding medical supplies and such, they typical needle disposal containers like you see in doctor's offices. I don't know if you're going for a modern look or more of a rustic cabin looking clinic, but to keep up with the small town feel, the outside could look like a log cabin but the inside filled with all the modern necessities.