bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

1 hour ago, Golden Helmets said:

I believe it is the D&R Magnum siren, although the sample provided sounds slightly slower, I do however have .ogg loopable high quality samples of the tones.

It sounds close, but the yelp seems a bit slower. I think I'll just take the unknown sample as is.

I appreciate the samples. I'll gladly put this in the mod as one of the sirens of the volunteer cars.

1 hour ago, Squad 65 said:

D&R Magnum siren

@itchboy PA-500 CHP   PA-500U PA-500

I appreciate the answer, but once again, please dont double post.

The PA500's you provided sound way different. I already have another one put in the mod though.

50 minutes ago, itchboy said:

It sounds close, but the yelp seems a bit slower. I think I'll just take the unknown sample as is.

I appreciate the samples. I'll gladly put this in the mod as one of the sirens of the volunteer cars.

The PA500's you provided sound way different. I already have another one put in the mod though.

I didnt double post on my end but whatever

20 hours ago, itchboy said:

That's the siren my cousin uses when he's on his way to a fire. He has it on his pickup truck. He's a volunteer firefighter in Ravalli County.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, elitesniper120120 said:

IS the mod still coming out because I downloaded it, but didn't have the right graphic cards, but now I do. I really want to play it now....

It's coming, its just that they want it to be as good as possible so they are taking their time on it.

I have an early version of the mod where the HUD map is still the LA Mod map and vehicles will stop in random places and cause mile long traffic jams. Helicopters simply won't spawn when called in, and more often then not, a fire engine will break and be rendered useless.

On 10/5/2012 at 6:21 AM, itchboy said:

Thank you MikeyPI for sneaking my post here.

Just had my first playthrough of the main release. Noticed some bugs with the following:

• Police station spawning, staffing and toStation
  • Flare and Traffic cone scripts compatibility with shotgun
  • Doors on some cars broken

Can you update your first post to tell about the progress so far?

7 hours ago, TheBus said:

I have an early version of the mod where the HUD map is still the LA Mod map and vehicles will stop in random places and cause mile long traffic jams. Helicopters simply won't spawn when called in, and more often then not, a fire engine will break and be rendered useless.

----

Can you update your first post to tell about the progress so far?

It is against the terms of service (that you agreed to follow upon registration) to double post. I have merged your posts this time but I ask that you do not do it again.

As this is a long topic I apologize if I missed something but as you are discussing povs, will the povs be like in the original Mayberry mod (A unit you can control like the engines and such), or will they be like in the prior Montana mod where they are spawned off map with no player control?

Maybe I'll get banned from this topic for this, but I've been following this topic for 3 months, I have 8 posts, and all of those are on this topic. I am really in love with this mod because it relates to where I live and the small town feel which I love. In three months I have posted 8 times hoping for some sorta response, but of course, 6 out of 8 I haven't got any sort of response. One of those times I was told off because the question I asked had already been answered, answered once in 138 pages. The second time I posted a list of bugs which I knew about, and probably have been fixed but the progress on this is so slow that I wouldn't know. Then I posted again because I just read something posted by a moderator that said the mod owner (Itchboy in this case) should update the first post of the topic so people who are new to it know progress so far, so I asked for the first post to be updated (which hasn't happened in 2 years). I love the new innovative stuff like the water drafting feature and the PA speaker on the police car but are we really focusing on what we need to? The people who follow this topic? The people who STILL play this game because of mods like this? The very people who keep this site going? Or are you going to keep this mod out of our hands until you think it's perfect, and then we can find the bugs you missed? 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheBus said:

Maybe I'll get banned from this topic for this, but I've been following this topic for 3 months, I have 8 posts, and all of those are on this topic. I am really in love with this mod because it relates to where I live and the small town feel which I love. In three months I have posted 8 times hoping for some sorta response, but of course, 6 out of 8 I haven't got any sort of response. One of those times I was told off because the question I asked had already been answered, answered once in 138 pages. The second time I posted a list of bugs which I knew about, and probably have been fixed but the progress on this is so slow that I wouldn't know. Then I posted again because I just read something posted by a moderator that said the mod owner (Itchboy in this case) should update the first post of the topic so people who are new to it know progress so far, so I asked for the first post to be updated (which hasn't happened in 2 years). I love the new innovative stuff like the water drafting feature and the PA speaker on the police car but are we really focusing on what we need to? The people who follow this topic? The people who STILL play this game because of mods like this? The very people who keep this site going? Or are you going to keep this mod out of our hands until you think it's perfect, and then we can find the bugs you missed? 

I like how passionate you are about this mod man, but keep in mind it's not like this is a democracy or anything. It's Itchboy and Bama's mod. you have a good suggestion, but put yourself in their shoes, Most modders mod because it's fun, because they want to make the game how they want. If they need your help on a decision like this, they'll ask.

Rome wasn't built in a day, This mod is the pure image of taking the time to perfect a modification because they want the mod to represent their skills & abilities perfectly. Even after so many years of watching the modification grow and expand, It'll be just like opening a Christmas present a day before no matter how long.

• Upvote 2

This is just a thought of mine, but what if for the aerial ladder it was a single axle truck similar to the one into the link below. It would make sense to me that a rural region such as this to have a smaller ladder truck or even a quint style truck. 

Link: http://www.e-one.com/product/metro-100/