bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

3 hours ago, itchboy said:

20245725_1613867851970551_72356628360530

One of the fire departments we're portraying just took ownership of this thing. The first question in my mind is, what is it? Question #2 would be, would people rather this or a conventional tanker?

http://wildfiretoday.com/2016/02/11/four-axle-former-military-hemtt-vehicle-used-as-fire-truck/

why not use Hoppah old US army truck from his US army mod and convert that in to a old school tanker as some vol departments and so on may still use them and it would kinda fit in to the style that your going for it may save you a bit off time and if you put that in the just convert the fuel truck from Hoppah mod and turn that in to a fire tanker it would be nice but a bit big for the map/area  unless you make it a bit smaller

Personally I think the HEMTT would be a better fit for the mod, It shows that the dept doesn't have a lot of money. Because a conventional tanker can cost anywhere between 100,000-500,000 depending on the specs. Also it would keep the rural like fire dept aspect as well, since this can go way off-road compared to a normal tanker. This plus a few brush trucks and a type 3 wild-land truck would make wildfires easy to contain.

Been a loooooooooooong time since I last logged on here but holy cow was I pleased to see updates in this topic.
The Montana Mod is still one of my favourite mods for EM4, evidenced by the fact it is one of only a very few I still play any more [my EM4 consumption has steadily been dropping - but every time I get a hankering it's normally Montana or London Mods for me]. 

I've voted in the Poll, I prefer the RP-elements to the mod therefore a system in-built to allow that would be perfect. In reference to the question above, I'd much prefer a "traditional" FD tanker than some ex-military tank-tanker-thing.

With regards call-outs, I have a huge soft spot for TEC-based calls, I always feel the fourth menu always gets left out therefore anything like towing, road/hydrant-repair, ice, fuel-spills or similar will always make me happy. With regards the EMS suggestion, I didn't see anything like 'notified-death', i.e. a Coroner call which then diversifies away from 'Ambulance-only' calls, if that makes sense...? Other than that, can't think of much else to say.

Best of luck with it, will now be checking back at least semi-frequently to check updates on this!

The OC-D

14 hours ago, theocd said:

With regards the EMS suggestion, I didn't see anything like 'notified-death', i.e. a Coroner call which then diversifies away from 'Ambulance-only' calls, if that makes sense...? 

I agree with theocd, with the fact that we should have a couple coroner calls. I just want to input my suggestion to add on to his suggestion. How about that we can't call the coroner in with the callout menu but we have to use a police officer to call it in.

27 minutes ago, mcflame1 said:

I agree with theocd, with the fact that we should have a couple coroner calls. I just want to input my suggestion to add on to his suggestion. How about that we can't call the coroner in with the callout menu but we have to use a police officer to call it in.

The callout menu is not going into Montana unfortunately. Having way too much trouble with it.

As you saw in the gameplay videos, I had to trigger calls manually using the debug menu because the game wouldnt remain stable for long enough.

I wll definitely do something with the coroners and TEC. They often get overlooked when it comes to mods.

• Upvote 5

Its been a long time coming.

A lot of people have asked for water drafting in a mod. Ive decided to give it a shot. It is going into Montana mod to address the issues people have with fighting fires.

The script itself simply assigns a dummy command to the vehicle. LWS will check that recognize it as a supply line into the vehicle. The pipe is hideously oversized so that it looks correct in Em4. I couldnt make it any shorter than it is, otherwise it break immersion because its clipping into the ground.

Portable ponds are coming up next.

• Upvote 9

Hey everyone.

As my personal life is getting busier and busier, I am handing over lead creative control of the mod over to Itchboy. This might not surprise you, since he's been the primary poster of updates. This is by no means a departure from the project; I will still be involved with development, and Itchboy and I stay in frequent communication.

I will also still be creating other content for Em4 when time permits.

Thank you all for your continued support!

• Upvote 2

Another development I've been able to figure out. This is as far as I'm willing to take HAZMAT calls. The game wont allow much more complexity than this.

The portable pond function is being worked on. I just have a few more things to finalize before its ready to present.

• Upvote 4

Pretty neat. Is the "change into hazmat suit and do hazmat stuff" option going to be for all firefighters or just an off map team? I know a lot of rural areas don't have much hazmat capability themselves and rely on regional teams or military for EOD.

3 hours ago, Fred03 said:

Pretty neat. Is the "change into hazmat suit and do hazmat stuff" option going to be for all firefighters or just an off map team? I know a lot of rural areas don't have much hazmat capability themselves and rely on regional teams or military for EOD.

HAZMAT will come from the off map Dillon VFD. I'm just showing it off in the video for presentation's sake. Not all firefighters will have that ability, and they can only change at a particular vehicle.

• Upvote 3

If were still talking about 90s Police vehicles a lot of small towns still have old caprices and crown vics in there fleet.  Even on gov deals now there are about 10 1992-1997 Crown vics and 1 95 caprice waiting to be auctioned off. A lot of these cars tend to either been former police cars turned fire department cars or detective cars however it wouldn't be entirely out of the question.

On that topic, I've settled on a marked Chevy Cavalier for the 2 sedans, one marked Tahoe for the higher rank officer's vehicle, and then the unmarked is an early 2000's Ford Taurus. 

I'm interested in replacing the Cavalier and just doing Caprices for marked patrol units but most have been shifted elsewhere as you've seen.

This has since been changed to a 97 CVPI and a Dodge Intrepid, as per the poll results.

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

On that topic, I've settled on a marked Chevy Cavalier for the 2 sedans, one marked Tahoe for the higher rank officer's vehicle, and then the unmarked is an early 2000's Ford Taurus. 

I'm interested in replacing the Cavalier and just doing Caprices for marked patrol units but most have been shifted elsewhere as you've seen.

I can't wait to see that Tahoe, sounds good 

Cavaliers lol. Very interesting. I would have thought older Luminas or Malibus would work a bit better but now that you've said Cavalier I am very curious...

On a side note if you're picking up the Taurus from 3dcadbrowser hmu cause I've been wanting to convert that to GTA San Andreas lol the 98 that we have now just isn't cutting it

• Upvote 1

Oh shit, my mistake.

I meant to say Lumina not Cavalier. Not super famliar with that part of the GM product line, so I got the two mixed up.

The Taurus I'm doing is probably an 03. The 98's look ugly, and I dont want to be staring at this for hours as I build up the model.

1998-Ford-Taurus-LX.jpg

Looks like a Dodge Neon rip-off.

I'm still unsure whether to make it 2 Lumina marked units or one Caprice, one Lumina.

13 hours ago, Rlizard said:

I can't wait to see that Tahoe, sounds good 

The Tahoe we're using is the model thats been in the LA mod for years now. Here it is in my LA mod.

5EFZkpF.png

Ii8ectk.png

Ill take this model, shorten it, remove some parts and add an overhead lightbar to it. Should look good once its finished.

• Upvote 2