bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

You're in luck. The real life sheriff's dept use the vehicles you mentioned:

They also have one CVPI.

We'll do our best to recreate the above vehicles. Those are the only three marked vehicles we will give to the sheriff dept. They will have an unmarked Impala for the detectives cruiser.

The on map town police is currently a 2012 Impala and a 2005 one. We are on the fence for the unmarked vehicle. It will most likely be a Dodge Intrepid or Chevy Cavalier. The traffic unit will likely be replaced with an older model Chevy Tahoe or Ford Explorer.

The fictional vehicles in the highway patrol fleet have been removed. We have decided to go with a pair of Chevy Impalas and one older 2007 Charger.

• Upvote 1

Sounds good, personally I'd go with Tahoe for traffic unit and dodge intrepid

I know in the 90s the Intrepid was used a lot. Have you considered a 90s model caprice?

It sucks, that you removed the highway patrol units. I liked the SSV tahoes and caprices. It looked like the one Dept with money lol. 

This may help you or it may not its a photo database off the Montana Highway patrol its got alot off different photos does not look like it has any newer cars though like the ford exploror and so on lots off photos off Impalas though and crownvics and so on

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/fc/statepdcars/monhp.html

We appreciate suggestions but only when its on topic and warranted. I (and alot of modders) dont want people spamming the thread with 'I want this and that' even if it wouldnt exist within the context of the mod for example. We also dont want requests like 'pls add every agency'. If someone suggests a gameplay element, I will be asking about the real life tasks, and then weighing in what is possible vs what isnt in Em4.

Well, what I was going to suggest was the implementation of tazers for law enforcement agencies within the modification, which I believe is used by one or more other mods throughout the community (can't name them off the top of my head, maybe West Coast Canadian is one?). I think it'd be good.

No worries.

10 hours ago, Rlizard said:

Sounds good, personally I'd go with Tahoe for traffic unit and dodge intrepid

I know in the 90s the Intrepid was used a lot. Have you considered a 90s model caprice?

It sucks, that you removed the highway patrol units. I liked the SSV tahoes and caprices. It looked like the one Dept with money lol. 

The highway patrol doesnt use Caprices. The Tahoe had to go because it is a K9 unit, and as for newer vehicles, I dont want to put in Tauruses or Explorers in order to keep the rustic rural feel.

The Intrepid I wanna do is an 04 model. The highway patrol did use them and I would like to make a backstory where HP tested an Intrepid, hated it and then donated it to the town police dept.

A 90s Caprice or Vic has been on my mind, but I doubt they'd be in use in the year 2013.

• Upvote 1

If I may make a suggestion: The mission script kinda idea is great, just please don't make it super specific to the point where we don't have freedom. So maybe more along the lines of "recover these items" instead of "dispatch this vehicle", that way we have a little more freedom in how to approach missions.

The objectives are actually pretty generic. Extinguish fires, tow wrecks, treat injured, question one or two people. There's no requirement to send any specific vehicle, but there is a need to call in a battalion chief to be able to call other units from outside the map, and an EMS captain to deal with mass casualty incidents. Beyond that, there is nothing else planned for the player's tasks.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, itchboy said:

No worries.

The highway patrol doesnt use Caprices. The Tahoe had to go because it is a K9 unit, and as for newer vehicles, I dont want to put in Tauruses or Explorers in order to keep the rustic rural feel.

The Intrepid I wanna do is an 04 model. The highway patrol did use them and I would like to make a backstory where HP tested an Intrepid, hated it and then donated it to the town police dept.

A 90s Caprice or Vic has been on my mind, but I doubt they'd be in use in the year 2013.

be suprised what Local Police and Sheriff departments will still use sometimes old school is alot better and cheaper to use hell I am sure some agencys still use 1997 crown vics

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/01/sherriff-resurrects-20-year-old-lt1-powered-chevrolet-caprice/

Hell Russia Used some till 2010

Apart from North America, between 1994-1995, 140 Crown Victoria P71's were bought for the Main Directorate for Road Traffic Safety (Russia), popularly known under its historical abbreviation GAI (ГАИ). It is a Russian law enforcement agency which is a part of the militsiya. They were operated by the Russian Traffic Patrol (DPS) as highway patrol units around the greater Moscow area until 2010s, being one of the most powerful vehicles used by the DPS.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Crown_Victoria_Police_Interceptor

16 hours ago, itchboy said:

No worries.

That's a good idea with the intrepid.

The only thing I'd see is the fact you are using the impala (2 for PD and 2 for hwy patrol as well as the unmarked sheriff one) id just like to see more of a variety of cars. So maybe like an older Tahoe, charger, or crown Vic.  

9 hours ago, Rlizard said:

That's a good idea with the intrepid.

The only thing I'd see is the fact you are using the impala (2 for PD and 2 for hwy patrol as well as the unmarked sheriff one) id just like to see more of a variety of cars. So maybe like an older Tahoe, charger, or crown Vic.  

The MHP Impalas are one regular unit and one slicktop. I'm thinking that such a setup should be enough for variety's sake. I dont want to add too many kinds of vehicles because they all serve the same gameplay purpose anyway. The town PD Impalas are older gen ones, so I consider them different from the newer bubble ones. Sheriff really has the most variance with the Explorer, Ram and CVPI. I am still willing to consider other unconventional options for town PD.

As for the number of vehicles for PD, I believe they are consistent for the theme of the mod. There isnt really much that goes on in that type of area so what I have planned for PD to handle are traffic accidents, domestic disputes, theft, investigation and the rare officer down call. Homicide and missing persons are planned, which would give detectives some purpose ingame.

I will of course be adding in the calls relating to FWP just so the player has something different to do. It will mostly be the same 'question these people' tasks, but I think it should be sufficient.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

The MHP Impalas are one regular unit and one slicktop. I'm thinking that such a setup should be enough for variety's sake. I dont want to add too many kinds of vehicles because they all serve the same gameplay purpose anyway. The town PD Impalas are older gen ones, so I consider them different from the newer bubble ones. Sheriff really has the most variance with the Explorer, Ram and CVPI. I am still willing to consider other unconventional options for town PD.

As for the number of vehicles for PD, I believe they are consistent for the theme of the mod. There isnt really much that goes on in that type of area so what I have planned for PD to handle are traffic accidents, domestic disputes, theft, investigation and the rare officer down call. Homicide and missing persons are planned, which would give detectives some purpose ingame.

I will of course be adding in the calls relating to FWP just so the player has something different to do. It will mostly be the same 'question these people' tasks, but I think it should be sufficient.

I agree with the number of units, I was just throwing out ideas, i just felt the impala was getting all the spotlight.

I look forward to see the unmarked PD unit, have you considered maybe like an older model SUV or pickup. 

2 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

I agree with the number of units, I was just throwing out ideas, i just felt the impala was getting all the spotlight.

I look forward to see the unmarked PD unit, have you considered maybe like an older model SUV or pickup. 

PD is pretty set in stone rn. The mod will have plenty of older vehicles in the fire side of things though. We'll have an 80s Chevy van, an 80s  Chevy pickup, a 90s Ford pickup, and numerous commercial cabs from the 80s.

• Upvote 1

Just now, itchboy said:

The mod will have plenty of older vehicles in the fire side of things. We'll have an 80s Chevy van, an 80s  Chevy pickup, a 90s Ford pickup, and numerous commercial cabs from the 80s.

I was about to add in my comment, back story wise have a red older SUV and say it was dontated to the PD after use in the fire dept. 

When it comes to cars, I personally think the  intrepid is the best bet.   

On map town PD is either going to get an old Tahoe or an old Ford type deal. Sheriff already have enough pickups and SUV's.

In the fictional history of Monida VFD, it doesnt really have much to donate in the first place. They're the ones on the recieving end of the donation train. Their chief vehicles for example are all POV's owned by the chief themselves.

5 minutes ago, itchboy said:

On map town PD is either going to get an old Tahoe or an old Ford type deal. Sheriff already have enough pickups and SUV's.

In the fictional history of Monida VFD, it doesnt really have much to donate in the first place. They're the ones on the recieving end of the donation train. Their chief vehicles for example are all POV's owned by the chief themselves.

why not use a 1993 caprice or a 1990s era Crown vic their still used alot by local fire departments in the small towns that cant afford newer stuff

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/fire/fdcarsuv/suv/suvs2.html

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/fire/fdcarsuv/car/cars2.html

some ideas for you

7 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Fair enough, as for the PD unmarked a late model taurus or a Pontiac

21 minutes ago, Rlizard said:

Fair enough, as for the PD unmarked a late model taurus or a Pontiac

Now that you brought this up, I realized there's another possible setup we could run. Town PD would have the Intrepid as a marked vehicle instead, and the older Ford or Pontiac could work as an unmarked car.

30 minutes ago, mooneg4k said:

why not use a 1993 caprice or a 1990s era Crown vic their still used alot by local fire departments in the small towns that cant afford newer stuff

The mod's FD chief cars are all POVs. No liveries or fullsize lightbars on any of them. We want to make em as POV's to keep them consistent with all the others we're making. I was also told that small VFD's dont have dedicated chief vehicles.

2 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Now that you brought this up, I realized there's another possible setup we could run. Town PD would have the Intrepid as a marked vehicle instead, and the older Ford or Pontiac could work as an unmarked car.

That works I liekd the impalas you had the older halogen lightbars that would look good on the intrepid. Then like a dark blue/black  taurus or 4 door grand am would look good.  

5 hours ago, Rlizard said:

That works I liekd the impalas you had the older halogen lightbars that would look good on the intrepid. Then like a dark blue/black  taurus or 4 door grand am would look good.  

Glad you liked what we did with V2. I hope we can carry over that look in our latest efforts.

I would like to remind everyone as well that the missionscript that we're doing does not permit 100% accurate incidents. It also doesnt mean that every single element of each call will be a playable task for the player. We are still bound by Em4's many limits. When providing suggestions, make sure it is kept within the physical bounds of Em4.

The reason for this is because the gameplay being done for the mod is just a different combination of tasks that the player has to do. Everything that will feature in the mod is just based around the basic elements of an Em4 mission, such as transport all injured, extinguish fires, arrest suspects, etc. The difference is that the gameplay has different sub tasks in between those basic elements to give the player more things to do. It also gives purpose to several often unused vehicles like the battalion chief or the game warden units.

• Upvote 2