bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Firstly, I must say that I'm an avid follower of this modification and I am excited to see what this new version brings to the community, as I've been following this since the beginning. Secondly, as a career firefighter/EMT in a rural county I find this modification very full of potential. In my rural county, we are constantly faced with the issues around the lack of resources available and calls sometimes stacking due to the long transport times and vast area that we cover. For whatever my opinion is worth with my limited knowledge of actually programming this type of script, I have a few suggestions for callouts that I've always wanted to see in this game. I've listed callouts by category of fire, ems and police.

• Fire
    • Smoke investigation
    • Room and contents fire
    • High/low angle rescue
    • Swift water rescue
    • Grass fire
    • Fire alarms (with the potential to be a real fire once investigated)
    • Natural gas leak
    • Fuel leak
    • Overturned HAZMAT trailer
    • Electrical hazards
    • Fire code inspections
    • Structure fire with occupants injured/trapped that require extrication
    • Illegal controlled burn
  • EMS
    • Cardiac arrest (requiring EMTs to preform CPR and 'work the code,' either achieving ROSC or calling OMI with factors affecting the patient's outcome such as BLS/ALS on scene, duration of apnea, etc)
    • Patient refusals (BLS callouts that may not require transportation to definitive care)
    • Time sensitive callouts (regardless of how high you get the red treatment bar, if the patient isn't to the hospital within a set number of minutes after dispatch the outcome becomes negative. Not every patient in the real world can be effectively stabilized in the field. The only true means of life-saving that is available to us to the speed in which a patient can be removed from the scene and transported to definitive care.)
    • ETOH
    • Suicidal ideations (make the player decide if they will transport the patient against their will or not, possibly ending in a law suit that will take away money for resources if the wrong choice is made)
    • Obvious death
  • Police
    • Vandalism
    • Breaking and entering
    • Trespassing
    • Noise complaint
    • Traffic violations
    • Motorist assists
    • Vehicle accidents without injuries 
    • Reports (callouts that simply require an officer to make contact and take a report, with no father action)
    • Illegal hunting
    • Drinking in public
    • Behavioral/psych callouts
    • Homeless pan handling 
    • DWI/DUI
    • Murder
    • Assault after the fact
    • Stabbing
    • Domestic violence
    • Drug overdose/use
    • Suspicious person/vehicle
    • Welfare check
    • Prostitutes in the area
    • Wanted person
    • Search warrant
    • Endangered/missing child
    • Sniper
    • Peaceful protest 
    • Meth lab (fire/ems as well)
  • Upvote 1

I appreciate people's suggestions. For the time being I'll only pick out a limited selection and go with that. All those calls may be different IRL but in Em4, it devolves into the same basic routine of load and go when it comes to injured victims, or using the chase command on escaping suspects. I'll be picking out the ones that actually involve new elements such as search, investigation, an cleanup. Those are the three main things that I'll be placing emphasis on because they're elements of the original Em1 and Em2 games that have been missed in Em4. HAZMAT is also something that can be expanded on as well.

Due to the simplsitic nature of Em4's medical system, I can only have a very limited amount of varied calls. There wont be any in depth medical simulation like the RTS Bieberfelde mod because that is way beyond my abilities as a modder. Maybe we can see such a mod someday but Northview: Paramedics has been cancelled unfortunately. I like the idea of having untreatable time senesetive patients though. It seems like the most doable option that people have suggested.

When it comes to fires, the town of Monida pass doesnt even have tall buildings to begin with, but I'll see if having functional roof venting would actually help improve the gameplay experience. Interior fires will stay as is because of Em4's fire system being unmoddable. I'm interested in trying to implement Hoppah's search house script to be a requirement in building fires, we'll see how that goes. Most calls in that real life area are actually grass fires, or car accidents. It is claimed in one article by a firefighter that they haven't had a fatal house fire in over 15 years, so crazy calls like those will be put on the lower priority.

Policing is something I'd like to expand on, because it seems to be the neglected element of the game along with the TEC units. I place priority on those calls that dont involve arrests, or just require the player to ask around with a few people. More serious events like hostage takings will just be programmed to be the same as default Em4.

Regarding the custom callout menu, I had to remove it due to instability issues, as seen in the videos. Until I can figure out a workaround to using the default missionscript 'intercept' functions, I will have to rely on the default dispatcher style menus, and disabling that left side menu entirely.

• Upvote 2

On 7/3/2017 at 7:42 PM, itchboy said:

The countryside/rural map.

Now a question for people. I would like to ask, what specific calls do the US Park Rangers handle?

Another gameplay video, this thime the call actually completed thankfully but it CTD'd soon after when the script was 'clearing out' the data from the completed call.

BTW National Park Rangers handle all law enforcement in National Parks so anything that the police would handle outside the park they handle inside the park (full authority, etc). For park-specific issues you have things like illegal camping, poaching, illegal timber harvesting (some fun possibilities with that one), human-animal encounters, violations of park-specific rules like quiet hours, illegal removal of historic artifacts and other stuff like that.

It appears I've been mistaken. The park on the map is state owned. US Park rangers would not have any jurisdiction in such an area. It would belong to Montana State Park Rangers, but I cannot find an image of their vheicles anywhere. I'd like to ask if people have any private archives or image sources that may have that vehicle in them.

Are the duties of state park rangers the same as the national ones?

19250707_1404235026356947_56013923587148

hunted like hell to find them on the internet sorry could not find more but I do believe US Park wardens will still patrol/help out at Stateparks

http://fwp.mt.gov/enforcement/

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks also has jurisdiction over state park sites and other property it owns, as well as many outdoor recreational activities, such as boating, snowmobiling, and Off-Highway Vehicle operations. FWP also enforces the laws pertaining to recreational use of streams and caves.

http://fwp.mt.gov/enforcement/laws/

http://fwp.mt.gov/doingBusiness/employment/qualifications/parkRanger.html

maybe a bit borning to read sorry

On 5/22/2016 at 4:31 AM, itchboy said:

No worries man, never doubted your honesty. We appreicate the coming forward as long as its kept to a moderate and reasonable amount.

You can talk about the mod, discuss gameplay experiences, but try to keep the 'add this vehcle/feature/whatever' to a minimum. Also try not to keep reporting the same bugs that we've already known about the mod. Its been a year now and we probably know what bugs the mod out.

A one year later reply on my end haha. Not complaining, I know i this is still worked on it will be awesome and I honestly I don't care if it's not Unity/UE4 graphical level, just the depth of what you can do is great. I usually reserve "you should add" posts, it's your guys work and while we could discuss "it would be cool if" it's not cool to request/demand something especially if it's been said a few times already. I love the mod with the current version I have, bugs and all. Of course there are bugs, it's an alpha/beta and having done enough testing on games in that stage I know to expect bugs, check if they were reported, and reply to that report with specs, a dxdiag log and any other relevant information.

I know it's been a while but I really hope you guys still found time to work on this and I really look forward to a public release. It's one of my favorite maps/mods and I think even the previous releases were really fun and detailed. Good luck again guys, glad you trusted me not to release anything; still haven't. Don't let all the BS get you down, EM4 is one of the few games that modders can still get into without having to spend 4+ years learning modeling, animation, texture mapping and all that stuff. Would hate to see it die.

• Upvote 1

State Park Rangers generally have less wide-ranging duties compared to NPS rangers. In most states they still have all the powers of law enforcement elsewhere but are less likely than NPS rangers to do EMS or firefighting and rescue.

I see.

Looks like the best course of direction is to create animal/permit related callouts. I'd also like to try missing people callouts that are different from orig Em4.

From what I've seen, FWP run those black unmarked pickups. More pics that I found. I think I'll run with the marked runner Tahoe, and one unmarked Ford probably. Not sure what the difference between them is though.

13165850_1195161093884095_86882295622245

This unmarked Impala can work as a detective's unit. Not sure if county or state PD owns it. Would people prefer having the unmarked cruiser on map, or have it as off map sheriff?

13151715_1195160990550772_69311888868892

20 minutes ago, amuchalipsis said:

On map. There was a lack of local unmarked units if I remember correctly

their was 1 Unmarked Crown vic at the Small Pd station which was a Local unmarked Police car

Based on what you guys tell me, the best compromise would be to have the unmarked vehicle, but no detectives on map. It sounds reasonable to me.

Can anyone provide informatino regarding shots fired or suspicious person callouts? I am aware how dynamic those are, but I would like to have a few different outcomes to keep the player active.

I agree that a investigator would not be needed unless the town has a crime rate is high then it may make sense for the town to have one. As far as the unmarked units go, I think having at least one would be nice. I like having at least one unmarked unit when I play.

My hometown where I worked as a police dispatcher, it has a population of around 11,500 - 12,000 and there is a Chief, Deputy Chief, 1 normal investigator, 1 drug task force investigator but would be called out for normal investigations as needed and 18 officers (including 3 sergeants & K9 Unit). Chief drove a marked unit, deputy chief & investigators drove unmarked units. Day Shift & Evening Shift each had 1 unmarked unit with the other 3 marked units. Overnight shift had the slicktop marked K9 unit with marked units. We didn't have a traffic unit because they would do traffic enforcement while on patrol not handling calls. When we start to get multiple complaints regarding traffic, they would assign a officer for traffic enforcement only unless a more urgent call came in. The smaller departments in our area would call county for a investigator.

Shots fired - Outcome could be an actual shooting with person shot, false alarm (fireworks), someone just randomly shooting (no injuries), officer down (suspect at large), active shooter (kind of like in deluxe freeplay).

Suspicious Person - Person takes off running when officer gets in area, peeping tom, lookout for burglary (more subjects appear if possible), subject lost and you provide directions (kind of like the script for traffic stops).

along with the above comment, for shots fired the different incidents could have different weapons involved, I feel like especially in the more rural parts of the map that a shooter would choose a more long barreled gun over a pistol.

And for suspicious persons, It would be cool if you could implement that one script from Hoppah's U.S. Army mod, where you had to send a unit to a specific location and once the unit got there you would have to wait a few seconds and then one of a few things would occur. Also, It would be interesting if depending on how you handle the incident it could even turn into a shots fired call.