bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

2 hours ago, 59955_1453496446 said:

Ok that's a thing that should've  been in the bugs list. And I try to use it when the hose is to short

In all fairness, they made it very clear in the first place that the mod has bugs and is still in development / work in progress, it's still honestly a very playable and great modification, I average 2 hours a day, with very minimal issues. Even though it wasn't in the bug list, it should be expected, plus it was stated previously in the topic if I remember correctly.

• Upvote 3

As a volunteer firefighter at a department about the size of the one featured in game,I have a few ideas that would make the mod more "volunteer-like".  My ideas are as follows:

• Allow firefighters to proceed to the scene in plain clothes without going to the station.  When playing Montana, I run the FD to all medical calls and it is sometimes inconvenient for the personnel to have to report to the station and gear up before responding.
  • Have volunteers that are able to heal/stabilize patients before the arrival of an ambulance.
    • With this said, have a vehicle at the fire station that responds to medical and rescue calls.  This vehicle would ideally have medical bags, backboards, and other tools on board.  This would be a first responder vehicle, and wouldn't be used to transport patients.
    • Have more than one backboard available in the apparatus.  We carry three in our squad and I believe most ambulances carry two or three.
  • This would be a hard one, but reskin some apparatus as "mutual aid" companies that can be called from more than just one surrounding agency.  I have my own response protocols (which I will attach) and I can only go up to a second alarm since available companies are limited.
  • Add more volunteers to the Monida Pass roster.  A lot of small towns similar to Monida Pass have personnel that respond in their own vehicles since seating in trucks is limited.
  • Add functionality so that mutual aid companies can back into the Monida Pass station.  When large incidents occur, it is wise to have mutual aid companies stand by at the station to cover other emergency calls.

These are in no order of importance to me, but I think that they would make great additions to the mod.

Montana - Emergency Response Protocols.txt

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, volunteer said:

As a volunteer firefighter at a department about the size of the one featured in game,I have a few ideas that would make the mod more "volunteer-like".  My ideas are as follows:

• Allow firefighters to proceed to the scene in plain clothes without going to the station.  When playing Montana, I run the FD to all medical calls and it is sometimes inconvenient for the personnel to have to report to the station and gear up before responding.
  • Have volunteers that are able to heal/stabilize patients before the arrival of an ambulance.
    • With this said, have a vehicle at the fire station that responds to medical and rescue calls.  This vehicle would ideally have medical bags, backboards, and other tools on board.  This would be a first responder vehicle, and wouldn't be used to transport patients.
    • Have more than one backboard available in the apparatus.  We carry three in our squad and I believe most ambulances carry two or three.
  • This would be a hard one, but reskin some apparatus as "mutual aid" companies that can be called from more than just one surrounding agency.  I have my own response protocols (which I will attach) and I can only go up to a second alarm since available companies are limited.
  • Add more volunteers to the Monida Pass roster.  A lot of small towns similar to Monida Pass have personnel that respond in their own vehicles since seating in trucks is limited.
  • Add functionality so that mutual aid companies can back into the Monida Pass station.  When large incidents occur, it is wise to have mutual aid companies stand by at the station to cover other emergency calls.

These are in no order of importance to me, but I think that they would make great additions to the mod.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17971

I agree I am a volunteer firefighter in the great smokey mountains and we have 20 people and something like this would really make it seem more life like

I'm a volunteer firefighter in Louisiana and the way we do it is one person responds to the station to get the trucks and everyone else responds to the scene in our personals, we also run all medical calls as mutual aid for the local ambulance service. And when we have a large structure fire or any at all tbh we have the town over come to a station stand by at our station. volunteers ideas are all great ones that to me personally would add some more realism to the game and to the mod itself.

On 4/5/2016 at 1:58 PM, Fred03 said:

At the moment the download link has been taken down. You might be able to find an old copy floating around the internet somewhere if you looked hard enough.

Has there been any development with the mod? If there is I would love to get the link so I can post it on my Youtube Channel.

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, abuffone said:

Has there been any development with the mod? If there is I would love to get the link so I can post it on my Youtube Channel.

Unfortunately I don't know anything more about the mod than what was posted in this thread... feel free to skim through the past few pages and you might be able to get an idea of what's going on biggrin.png

I DEMAND YOU TO MOD!!!!!

Nahh...... Im joking. Its good you guys are working at your own pace not having to rush but remember......................I love you and this mod too. Well maybe not you but for now I do. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Also I have a suggestion. Give MPFD a volunteer BLS ambulance and replace the hospital ambulance with a fly car. It would make sense since most EMS is volunteer and in addition it would be more challenging for resource management. Rural areas with limited resources generally benefit more from a tiered response system with fly cars.