bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 5/1/2016 at 9:46 AM, Mark_ said:

me?

As I said, I have a copy marked Montana Mod 2.0 Dev but without permission It's not my business to just put it out there. I think you'll find a lot of us who feel this way; we got the mods either by our own searching/talking or before they were pulled and respect why they were pulled. [I've been a lurker for years without posting so I have a bunch of old stuff.]

What I'm actually hoping is that these responses asking for the files will maybe be some positive motivation after all the negativity around here for an awesome mod to get an official release. That and most of the files I have that people ask for and I can't release are from US mods. I'd love to see some new and unique US mods made from the ground up so there can be none of this content stealing questions.

At this point I'm pretty much waiting for 112 and hoping it really supports modding and we get some US mods or someone is willing to make one on the EM5/2016 engine. It's a good engine, it's just very time consuming to make the high quality models and animations needed for big mods.

tl;dr the mod scene in regard to US mods imploded and until we see new official releases you'll just have to treasure hunt.

UGH while I'm super grateful for the work put in by the modders, I'm super annoyed that the download link was removed. :/ It was buggy but it wasn't so buggy that it warranted the removal. Only issues I had was with traffic getting stuck.  

If someone has v 2.1 can they message me? Pwweeasssseee  

• Upvote 1

I really really want the download for this mod.. it looks awesome..my head has been embedded in London Mod for too long. I need the link. Please message me if you have the release link. Thanks.

I'm sure if permission was given to re-upload the mod, it would have been done by now. I have a copy with an edited freeplayparams_endless or whatever the file is called that I can upload if itchboy or bama request, but otherwise, patience would probably be appreciated

45 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Everyone's requests will have to wait for bama since its his project. I have no say in distribution rules or any sort of setup. All I know is that we will not be allowing people to use the FP map or the civil buildings.

10-4 Admins/Mods, No links from me here or in PM. I will say I understand why the FP and civil buildings will be off limits. Someone put a great deal of effort into them and it shows. Very unique, love the entire feel, and I like that it's not so fast paced as to not give you time to admire all the attention to detail. You can watch your men work a job and enjoy the little cosmetic things that just make it feel tight and clean and polished. So not for this but for Manhattan 3.0, the way you dispatch from houses is bloody awesome but you don't really have time to enjoy it all with how quickly things move. I've gotten off topic, whoops. Apologies if my post caused any trouble or anyone to be inundated with PMs asking for it. My bad but I wasn't about to just post their work, even if properly credited and cited,doing that  just doesn't sit well with me so I had to ask. Bringing me to...

1 hour ago, ThatOneIowan said:

I'm sure if permission was given to re-upload the mod, it would have been done by now. I have a copy with an edited freeplayparams_endless or whatever the file is called that I can upload if itchboy or bama request, but otherwise, patience would probably be appreciated

We are allowed to discuss things we already have though, yes? I didn't see anything barring discussion and there are videos of the new version in action. That being said and along the lines of that whole patience thing I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and suggest holding onto that params file. Just my opinion but the feeling I'm getting is it's being worked on and we'll see it when we see it. And it will be glorious and well worth the wait.

I'm sorry guys, really. Probably should have just attempted to PM someone to ask about it and not gotten any hopes up... You guys have any idea how badly I want to play the next version of BoF? Badly. But the people spending their time making it aren't ready to let it run free in the gaming wilds so I have to sit here, drool, play 1.5 and attempt to be patient for the 2.0 public release since despite all my attempts to locate a copy of v1.9.3 my Google-Fu has failed. Again, worth the wait to have a really polished and feature rich mod. 

Right, thanks for not biting me head off or banning me straight away guys. I get the feeling people around here are a bit jumpy about the whole scene. Really hope this community of great digital artists and content producers can get together on everything that went down.  This amber hue at the bottom of my glass....and the length of this post, lead me to believe I am in need of another scotch and a coffin nail.

Hey everyone, want to give a quick update to clear some things up and also provide information on where the mod stands right now.

- We ask that you not discuss or post links to any old versions of the mod. We request that the mods enforce this from here on out. That doesn't mean that you can't discuss the mod, just that posting/asking for links to older versions is discouraged. Reason being is we feel like the previously released version was super buggy and we don't want it floating around in the official thread.

- Itchboy has made great progress in troubleshooting some of the major bugs. Right now we are trying to focus on getting a smooth gameplay experience going, and then will move on to aesthetic changes.

- I don't, unfortunately, have a timeline for a release date. I am very busy with my EMS classes and work these days. I hope to get something out by the fall but can't make any promises. We will make some posts with new media as we are able to do so.

I've been working on some very cool new models, both vehicle and peds, with features that haven't been seen before in an American mod. Can't share details right now but just know that we are continuing work on this and you can expect to see some never-before-seen models and features coming out in the future. Whether these will make it into Montana is yet to be seen, but they will be shared nonetheless.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, bama1234 said:

- We ask that you not discuss or post links to any old versions of the mod. We request that the mods enforce this from here on out. That doesn't mean that you can't discuss the mod, just that posting/asking for links to older versions is discouraged. Reason being is we feel like the previously released version was super buggy and we don't want it floating around in the official thread.

To add to this, we don't want any more additional complaints about bugs that we already are aware of. We understand v2.1's issues and are working within our own capacities to get it done.

I will certainly be enforcing bama's request to keep the 'link plz' discussion in check.

5 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

This is cool, but what do you mean by the features will be shared even if they do not make it into the montana mod though? 

All I meant by that was if they're not featured in Montana they will be released in some other fashion. They will come out one way or another.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yeah, I know you can't publish it without permission and plus saying that here can get you BANNED!!!

Not really. We will take the link down, speak with the subject and request that he/she desist from posting stuff agains the wishes of bama1234. If the user continues to violate, only then will sanctions be applied. There is due process in this and we dont just straight up do that to people.

'Saying' things about links isnt a bannable offense, unless the user is constantly doing it, and pestering bama1234 and other users for it. Sending the same link request PM to 20 people for example will get you in trouble. We dont ban people for free speech if it is within the reasonable spectrum of obeying the site rules, so no talk about torrenting software, illegal stuff, etc obviously. Abusive behavior towards other members, and abuse of site privelages as well are grounds for sanctions.

26 minutes ago, itchboy said:

There is due process

%7Boption%7Dhttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/67/85/5b67859ecaed8b73a9812b69e7014dc4.jpg

Sorry, I had to, you left it wide open for me.

Personally, while I think there were bugs in 2.0.1, I think it's still very fun and hope that most, if not all, of the features available in that will stay put, albeit fixed  Keep up the great work guys.

• Upvote 2

On 05/10/2012 at 2:13 AM, bama1234 said:

EM DESENVOLVIMENTO

DATA DE LANÇAMENTO:

TBA

Itchboy tomou um hiato de desenvolvimento, e estou assumindo. Ele conseguiu resolver os nossos problemas de lag, que foi um grande obstáculo para limpar! Felicitá-lo se você tiver a chance.

I será reformular o mapa, adicionando e polimento de novas unidades, e dando os retoques finais na próxima versão.

Resumo Mod:

The Mod Montana inclui muitos veículos novos, pessoal, estruturas e equipamentos. Ele é definido em uma visualização revitalizada da vida real cidade fantasma de Monida Pass, no Beaverhead County, Montana. O mod oferece ao jogador o controle sobre os primeiros socorros de uma pequena cidade americana e muda a aparência do ambiente de jogo europeu ao americano.

Meios de comunicação:

Hidden Content

Mostre seu apoio, colocando a nossa bandeira em sua assinatura: http://i.imgur.com/SuYN9qK.gif

• Downvote 1

On 5/11/2016 at 5:37 PM, bama1234 said:

Hey everyone, want to give a quick update to clear some things up and also provide information on where the mod stands right now.

- Itchboy has made great progress in troubleshooting some of the major bugs. Right now we are trying to focus on getting a smooth gameplay experience going, and then will move on to aesthetic changes.

- I don't, unfortunately, have a timeline for a release date. I am very busy with my EMS classes and work these days. I hope to get something out by the fall but can't make any promises. We will make some posts with new media as we are able to do so.

I've been working on some very cool new models, both vehicle and peds, with features that haven't been seen before in an American mod. Can't share details right now but just know that we are continuing work on this and you can expect to see some never-before-seen models and features coming out in the future. Whether these will make it into Montana is yet to be seen, but they will be shared nonetheless.

Hey I'm sorry if I caused you guys any grief or to get a bunch of mail about it. Won't happen again. (To be totally clear I wasn't offering a link, I thought maybe the mod was dormant or the links lost so I offered to wait to hear from someone official before doing anything at all.) Just don't want you to think I was going to or ever will give away your work because someone asks. My bad for any confusion, a link was not up on the block when I made that post. In all honesty I didn't expect to get any replies at all and at that point I'd consider it a default "please don't" and keep it to myself. Sorry again dude.

Same to you Itchboy, sorry and you can be sure nothing will be uploaded or shared anywhere by me, didn't mean to start any nonsense or cause you guys to have to come in here and reiterate rules everyone should know. I just wasn't clear on the policy regarding re-uploading old mods that were not taken down for copyright reasons. I thought I was being helpful offering to just hold them until I spoke to someone in case they had been lost forever...whoops. I'll just stick to uploading stuff I make...which so far is nothing since everything i make has too many polys by a few thousand lol. I actually had the idea to kind of help out would-be modders by making a bunch of 'naked' models and handing them out all rights released but soon realized I couldn't get things to look good with only a few hundred tris to work with. Maybe I'll keep at it.

Sorry again guys, best of luck in all the awesome stuff you work on....But just to be 100% clear, directed at both you guys, we are allowed to talk about the mod itself? Meaning units, gameplay, massive amounts of fun we've had? That's all cool as long as we do not offer and do rebuff any and all requests for content? Or should we all just shut up? lol

No worries man, never doubted your honesty. We appreicate the coming forward as long as its kept to a moderate and reasonable amount.

You can talk about the mod, discuss gameplay experiences, but try to keep the 'add this vehcle/feature/whatever' to a minimum. Also try not to keep reporting the same bugs that we've already known about the mod. Its been a year now and we probably know what bugs the mod out.

26 minutes ago, dax2309 said:

The link to 2.1 has been removed primarilly due to the many issues and malfunctioning elements in the mod. Another major factror in our  decision to remove it was because people would keep posting about the same bugs that we already know about, and often times pressure us to fix them. We decided to go low-key for now and only work at our own comfortable pace, and not be 'demanded' to mod.

• Upvote 1