bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Have you tried setting it to use only four cores in task manager?

I mean I know how to build it and everything but anything beyond that I was too afraid to deal with... When I set it to use only four cores what does that do? Also is there anything I need to worry about when doing it? Last dumb question.. I promise, How do I set it to only use four cores?

I mean I know how to build it and everything but anything beyond that I was too afraid to deal with... When I set it to use only four cores what does that do? Also is there anything I need to worry about when doing it? Last dumb question.. I promise, How do I set it to only use four cores?

You're not disabling any cores, you're setting it to only use 4 (so in effect you're speeding up your PC). It may or may not fix a crash, I read somewhere EM4 doesn't like multicore PCs. Right click the EM4 process in task manager and press set affinity to change it.

Probably won't work, but worth a try

You're not disabling any cores, you're setting it to only use 4 (so in effect you're speeding up your PC). It may or may not fix a crash, I read somewhere EM4 doesn't like multicore PCs. Right click the EM4 process in task manager and press set affinity to change it.

Probably won't work, but worth a try

I'm currently at college replying to this, but before I left I played some EM4, I went to task manager looking for what you had mentioned under the properties (I never saw a way to set the affinity). What I did do was run a compatibility test, which suggested I run EM4 on Windows XP SP3 (I think, I can't remember as again I'm at school) I loaded the mod up no first time crash or anything like normal the game played well for 30 minutes before I had to leave to go to school to do some work I had procrastinated on. So maybe it's fixed? I'm not sure I know it didn't crash any so that's always good. I'll give it another go tonight for a longer stint lets hope for an hour of solid game-play! .. Thanks for the suggestion though without it I wouldn't of known to even look in that direction!

I'm currently at college replying to this, but before I left I played some EM4, I went to task manager looking for what you had mentioned under the properties (I never saw a way to set the affinity). What I did do was run a compatibility test, which suggested I run EM4 on Windows XP SP3 (I think, I can't remember as again I'm at school) I loaded the mod up no first time crash or anything like normal the game played well for 30 minutes before I had to leave to go to school to do some work I had procrastinated on. So maybe it's fixed? I'm not sure I know it didn't crash any so that's always good. I'll give it another go tonight for a longer stint lets hope for an hour of solid game-play! .. Thanks for the suggestion though without it I wouldn't of known to even look in that direction!

Yes, it may be Windows 10; a crash 30 mins in is normal, I get even on stable mods, and a crash after 30 mins is common on Montana Mod. It's a small price to pay for such a good mod! :P

Yes, it may be Windows 10; a crash 30 mins in is normal, I get even on stable mods, and a crash after 30 mins is common on Montana Mod. It's a small price to pay for such a good mod! :P

Oh, Ok.. I didn't know it was common, still sucks though if you're in a huge battle with a fire and it crashes.. oh well!

yeah it's released that's why it's still called Montana Mod 2.0.1 (unstable release)

so yeah guess by yourself if its released... :dry:

No, the stable release is not released, I'm not really sure if they do intend to update it to be more stable, as they are quite busy at the moment intime.

The download link is down. I cannot download the mod from MEGA. It always says that it cannot find the mirror.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sll8aggi3rqfnj1/Montana+Mod+2.0+BETA.zip Here's an earlier version of the current one, until someone uploads the newest

Most likely has something to do with your Intel integrated graphics.

To a point, you are correct. I am able to play some insanely fun and current games with my Intel Integrated graphics card. Their are some memory issues for this release, which you can see further back I have rewrote snippets for them. Such as it would cycle throughout the entirety of the volunteer's until it cycled to the one it needed to spawn. Furthermore their is a issue that crashes the game with one of the firefighters attempts to leave the map - it gets blocked.

Again, very good mod. Good job team.

Will this help "Update" help Intel computes have more game play time?

I am unsure. The bugs I plan on wiping out are gameplay bugs that affect all systems. To this day, I have not been able to pinpoint why the mod lags so badly after a few minutes. I will investigate into this over the weekend and try to get this thing done as quickly as possible.

Heads up ya'll. Please check this thread, because I will be posting updates as I go along. My LA Project will be halted to give way for Montana.

Keep checking back every few days in the topic. I might have something new to show. Bama is still working on this project, but at reduced capacity, so therefore I am going to be point-man on this endeavor this time around. WIP shots and questions will be posted.

I feel this is important enough to need a post. So this is my general battle plan for this next update:

• Delete all unecessary vehicles and scripts from V1 of Montana mod, that way filesize is lower and load times are shorter
  • Optimize all civil cars so that they use as few textures as possible
  • Start fixing as many scripting problems as possible, improve user friendliness along the way
  • Add in limits to gameplay to further reduce the chance of the player causing a bug in the system
  • Unit icons of V2 units to be vastly improved over the current state they are in.

I think this is going to probably be the 2.0.1 Stable Version.

I feel this is important enough to need a post. So this is my general battle plan for this next update:

• Delete all unecessary vehicles and scripts from V1 of Montana mod, that way filesize is lower and load times are shorter
  • Optimize all civil cars so that they use as few textures as possible
  • Start fixing as many scripting problems as possible, improve user friendliness along the way
  • Add in limits to gameplay to further reduce the chance of the player causing a bug in the system
  • Unit icons of V2 units to be vastly improved over the current state they are in.
I think this is going to probably be the 2.0.1 Stable Version.

Nice to hear what you have planned for the mod itchboy. Now that I have a more powerful pc I'm looking forward to playing this mod now :D