bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

I had a house fire that had no hydrants near by and i had 2 tankers both Vollies and 2 mutial aid trucks and i ran out of water and had to go at it with fire extinguishers it was unbelievable. 

You can go and have the tankers fill back up at a hydrant and then return back to the scene if you want, instead of using fire extinguishers. Or you can remove all fire calls and only have police if you want to in fp_params_endless.xml script. 

Yeah fellas, this isn't a request thread on the forum. It's a rural town freeplay and I haven't had any issues personally with the firefighting and water. Within the city, there are plenty of hydrants, you just have to look. Tired of fire? Remove it from the freeplay params. This endless discussion is getting annoying. If the mod devs deem it necessary they will add more, if not then leave it be and find an approved modder to do it. It's their mod. I think a moderator should lock this thread until the next patch.

I dont post often on here but may i say Wow! in regards to the hydrant/ calls and stations issues...I wouldn't change a thing. this game is by far the best balance mod of EM4 i have played yet. If you don't like the calls..change the parameters to 180. it makes it nicely paced. I love the tankers being so critical to the game..just as it is in real life..although if you could implement drafting would be absolutely insane (use the jump pad as a idea for a pond) but as it stands your scrips make this game a blast. Looking forward to the patch that eliminates some traffic bugs but for a rush-released mod this seems very well sorted. Props to you!

Video is from 13-14 years ago. Except for the most resource-strapped departments and communities, most have probably gone to more modern forms of communications that don't cause loud disruptions to their communities.

The Dept. I was in used Pagers, Cellphones and the Siren. Our Siren only got turned on when it was a Second call for a Structure Fire. I responded to a call at 2:30 AM and when I got into the station to suit up I heard the siren for the first time and I was like "HOLY GOOD GOD WHAT AM I HEARING?". Once it shut off it dawned on me what the hell I was listening to, lol.

ok so I have looked and didnt see it, but did i miss the Patch?

ok so I have looked and didnt see it, but did i miss the Patch?

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/16909-montana-mod-20-20-beta-released-dl-link-on-first-post/page-118

Post #2346 by cops.

DL Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!S0NgDTCZ!unCOY6WAWvi2KfHDu9sazAgXfBdmZY9muNqe3BBnhgY

Place your apparatuses wisely and you will never have any issues with water supply.  Don’t have any hydrants nearby? Use only one hose line to extend time the tanker needs to arrive. Have a brush fire? Use chainsaws and fire extinguishers to stop the fire from spreading. Cool object nearby... Guys, be creative and strategic this is a real time strategy game.

A perfect example what makes this mod unique: :cheers:

Two words for this mod....Relay...Pumping. Not having the ability to go engine to engine to ladder or just engine to engine is kinda making it hard to get a water supply.  Really low amount of hydrants had me taking tankers up and down the road to unaffected hydrants to refill then I would return to the scene. If I ran a engine from the hydrant and up to another engine and then to the attack truck that would be great. The image below had me cutting down bushes to lay down a supply line to a attack engine so they could do the interior attack. 

(Image removed because of size)

I personally never have any big problems fighting fires and with the patch and the gated wye and extend hose script working it will be another step easier.

There is a good balance between challenge and fun and I really enjoy playing this modification.

Not sure if this is known, but the ambulance doesn't quite make it around the corner by the fire station. Minor, just thought I'd point it out as I've not seen it posted before. 

Also I think it's been posted that the ambulance just before that on the menu doesn't exactly work. It goes about 2 feet then the stretcher gets out and hoofs it to the hospital.  

post-17915-0-61032900-1420677643_thumb.j

Is the script included where people burn the city down during riots?

Don't think so. Itchyboy was joking, if I understood him correctly. But that script could probably be done. Interesting to see if anyone ever gives it a try!