bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

What abot a random number of vollys and 4 pages for the volunteers on my department we only have 3 or 4 show up and from time to time we have 8 or 9 show up

sent from my samsung galaxy s4 mini

I very much support this. This is basically what happens here. I also think it would provide more variance with calls and add more of a reliance on mutual aid, something small departments have to rely on quite often, especially as small a town as Monida Pass. I think part of the fun of a volunteer script is getting what you can get and working with what you got. If you don't get enough vollies, Beaverhead County is a tone away. I know when I was on a small department (larger than MPVFD) we automatically had as many as three or four surrounding departments auto respond mutual aid for fires (however this was with three, eventually four part time staffers) and my home city can have as many as two to three responding mutual aid agencies during part time AND volunteer hours.

I could script this in, but not for the patch probably. This is gonna be a long term thing. As for the sounds, as I said, give me a sound that real volunteer fire departments use. This tone will be scripted into the automatic call command on the battalion chief. The individual call volunteer command will have no sound attached to it because there isn't a way to create a timer in a command script.

The limitation in the volunteer script is that the automatic dispatch is dependent on the number of passengers. The script does not ATM support variable numbers of passengers to trigger the dispatch script unfortunately.

I think the bigger thing here is not getting flooded with five different callouts, like two structure fires, and arsonist, and barricade situation, big car crash. If anyone has settings to keep this from happening. Please save me the trouble, small towns don't have this much happening at once and this has always been an EM4 thing. :/

I think the bigger thing here is not getting flooded with five different callouts, like two structure fires, and arsonist, and barricade situation, big car crash. If anyone has settings to keep this from happening. Please save me the trouble, small towns don't have this much happening at once and this has always been an EM4 thing. :/

Go to this file: fp_params_endless.xml. Open it. Go to the line MinDurationBetweenEvents value =

Change that value from whatever it is to 180-240

Weird, I've changed it a couple of times to crazy values like that but I still get a slew of callouts whilst in the middle of a callout. Never mind anyways, I'm still too happy about this mod existing to let that ruin anything. \<.>/

That shouldn't happen. I am running @ 240 and it gets boring quite often. I don't know why its still like that.

Wow great small town map so much detail and hard work, few bugs like all Betas.

First. we need at least two three Fire Station on the map for the amount of events that are kicking off.

Two. The Volunteer Firefighters once called remain on station or have a skeleton crew. Nice idea but while the town is going up they coming in lol!  

Third. earthquake gone with the all random events fights, shots, man with a gun, loads of fire events no need for that in Montana lol!  Cool idea with the hoses turn on, turn off but can be a pain with multiple events going on and the spinal board C caller for a fight maybe car accident yes falling or jumping out of building etc.  

Four. I like to see the Engines have function cannon for quick response. In place I have changed the value of the water supply much higher to combat that. Also the plane needs to be put back in play, so it help with forest fires, The map has a lot of open space in the hay files or crop files,  Just idea for a Smoke jumper base, few rescue vehicles and plane, mountain view in the back round Montana look. 

Five. a small barracks for the STPD,   I spent a lot of time playing this mod, it was fun and frustrating because of CTD after an hour or a few hours as the events be come stronger the map gets backed up and lags bad so it is tough to move fast on the events or the for going one place to another on map freezes the map for several seconds frustrating.  

Over all I give this Beta a thumbs up for the creativity of the map and hard work that went it to making this . I could not do something like this good work Guys.   

I could script this in, but not for the patch probably. This is gonna be a long term thing. As for the sounds, as I said, give me a sound that real volunteer fire departments use. This tone will be scripted into the automatic call command on the battalion chief. The individual call volunteer command will have no sound attached to it because there isn't a way to create a timer in a command script.

The limitation in the volunteer script is that the automatic dispatch is dependent on the number of passengers. The script does not ATM support variable numbers of passengers to trigger the dispatch script unfortunately.

This was the best one I could find and I think it would fit perfect

http://youtu.be/O1VV-bT2Chs

Holy crap it would suck living next to a place like that. Knowing how many false alarm calls departments get, eeeek.

Well a lot of volunteer depts have pd respond first and if its real everyone keeps rolling but if not they can just turn home.

Video is from 13-14 years ago. Except for the most resource-strapped departments and communities, most have probably gone to more modern forms of communications that don't cause loud disruptions to their communities.

And I know of a lot of departments that aren't money strapped and still have them.

Video is from 13-14 years ago. Except for the most resource-strapped departments and communities, most have probably gone to more modern forms of communications that don't cause loud disruptions to their communities.

Expect that sounds exact like what I hear after the scanner goes off for local small town fire department. Not as load because I am farther away but when I am in town it exactly like that.

Around here pd will roll but the fire department officer still decide if they respond and with what.

I live in WNY and many depts still use these to alert not inly the members but also the community ti watch out for responders and apparatus. We also have Minitor 5 pagers and text based pagers as well alerting the members of same. But anyways itchboy asked for audio so there is an example

This was the best one I could find and I think it would fit perfect

http://youtu.be/O1VV-bT2Chs

Itchboy asked for tones, not a station siren. Tones are what your dispatcher drops over the radio to set off Minitor pagers and station sirens like you linked above. 

We still run our siren at our station. Everything in the fire service is about tradition really. Alot of stations in my area still have those. Across the river if they get a structure fire and alert all four companies, four whistles go off. It has nothing to do with communication other than letting the public know there is an emergency that fire department personnel are responding to. Possibly for weather warnings as well such as tornado, severe thunderstorm etc.

Ever heard of texting or phoning the volunteers? Maybe even a pager? 

Read above. also, what do you think they did before texting and or pagers? There were no cells phones back in 1990 and before unless you had the big mobile phone in a bag, which not many people did.

Actually, most towns in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho currently use tornado siren pagers for confirmed fires, but can only be activated by a dispatcher or the chief on hand. More rural stations, like Pine Bluffs, WY has a full time ambulance crew, but are also trained firefighters, so those assets come in handy. Here is the LCFD #5 website: http://lcfd5.webs.com/ Explore around this site, because it has all apparatus and the priorities of each, which could help clear a lot of the confusion I've seen on the last four or so pages.

This isn't true, Whelen Engineering still makes these and they still sell hundreds every year.  One of the the wealthiest fire districts of Rhode Island actually have a whelen system right next to the station which is right dead center in a residential neighborhood. The pole for the siren is dead next to a set of houses. Pawcatuck Ct, Misquamicut RI, Watch Hill, RI all have them....modern communities, with wealthy tax payers which love their volunteers and don't make a single complaint.

On topic: If BCFD or MPFD use a siren or a pager system and the modification dev team plans to implement it, they will.

This isn't true, Whelen Engineering still makes these and they still sell hundreds every year. One of the the wealthiest fire districts of Rhode Island actually has a whelen system right next to the station which is right dead center in a residential neighborhood. The pole for the siren is dead next to a set of houses. Pawcatuck Ct, Misquamicut RI, Watch Hill, RI all have them....modern communities, with wealthy tax payers which love their volunteers and don't make a single complaint.

On topic: If BCFD or MPFD use a siren or a pager system and the modification dev team plans to implement it, they will.

West haven, Ct is having a new one installed this summer and yes its in a residential neighborhood, and yes we have a paid dept with 16 active rigs 55 ff on at any time, and we have 4 volunteer rigs and about 50ffs,but we still love sounding it.

P.s. the people in the neighborhood wanted it, they said it'd be a piece of history used for good again!

Same

@NFK It would be a pain ,however realism is the point of this mod to a certain extent (I believe) and having random numbers of people show up is the essence of a volly department. I've had 12+ firefighters respond to a brush fire less than one acre and had 3 firefighters respond to a structure fire with occupant inside. Yes its a pain but so is

Limited Water Supply

Only one medic unit on map

Small amounts of PD on map

Waiting for volunteers to arrive before you can roll trucks

Rural emergency services is all about "pain" lol

I never said it wasn't, and realism is fine, to a point, but we need to remember, we're playing a game, not a simulator, and if you make it too clicky clicky, the game loses a LOT of the fun in it. If I have to try to fight six fires, with 3 firefighters, and I have to do fifteen different commands to get them all to put out one of the six fires, it gets absolutely insane, making me much more likely to click. The thing with modding is you have to find a comfortable place between fun and realism. 

I never said it wasn't, and realism is fine, to a point, but we need to remember, we're playing a game, not a simulator, and if you make it too clicky clicky, the game loses a LOT of the fun in it. If I have to try to fight six fires, with 3 firefighters, and I have to do fifteen different commands to get them all to put out one of the six fires, it gets absolutely insane, making me much more likely to click. The thing with modding is you have to find a comfortable place between fun and realism.

Well then bama you should rename it Montana Fire Simulator 2015, because me and alot of other people think you've done a great job and nothing should be changed.

I myself don't like the idea of having random numbers of volunteers respond, it takes long enough as said already to get them to the station, and by the time they get to where they have to go it's already a massive blaze. I think it would be much better in a gaming stand to keep it standard for every call out. If you only want 3, then leave the others at the station.....or just dont use them.

Go to this file: fp_params_endless.xml. Open it. Go to the line MinDurationBetweenEvents value =

Change that value from whatever it is to 180-240

Mine for that was 60, which would explain the problem I had too just didn't think much of it.

I agree with NFK  this topic has just spun out of control with everyone's personal dream setup. But this is a mod made for the general public not catered to everyone's individual tastes and preferences.  I personally don't care for most of the fire scripts. I find it incredibly difficult to fight any fire and sometimes just resort to fire extinguishers. I know it may be realistic but this a game and responding to fires is more of a pain to me than fun.

I had a house fire that had no hydrants near by and i had 2 tankers both Vollies and 2 mutial aid trucks and i ran out of water and had to go at it with fire extinguishers it was unbelievable. 

I think there should be two different setups: One for non fire geared people like an easy mode. And one for all the fire heads here who want the game to be as realistic as possible.