bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

So I've fixed all the major script bugs. Now I have to fix the lag. Can any scripters out there help?

What I have discovered:

• The game DOES lag after an hour or so of gameplay, but selecting units causes lag all the time.

• Game lags when selecting units. It gets worse as the playtime increases. I only get 5FPS after 3 hours

• Person units lag less than vehicle units

• BUT selecting units like the Station control panel does not lag the game

• Selecting persons and vehicles at the same time does not lag the game. However selecting multiple persons or multiple vehicles makes lag dramatically worse.

Things that I have done:

• Reviewed all of my scripts for any "hanging" code. Found a few and terminated them properly.
  • Cleaned up some checkTarget and checkPossible code in a few scripts.

Nothing seems to work.

Whenever I shoot and take away he vehicles that stall on the map they somehow reappear. I know that theres vehicles that get stuck but is the reappearing normal?

This happens in LA Mod for me too. I wonder if it has something to do with the freeplay cleanup function in EM4 (not the mods)

I leave the game running for long periods of time and just come back to it later and it seems to lag incredibly as you said but only if i select certain units. The game eventually just CTD because of the Lag i guess. Idk if this something to do with the mod or just the game itself. 

I leave the game running for long periods of time and just come back to it later and it seems to lag incredibly as you said but only if i select certain units. The game eventually just CTD because of the Lag i guess. Idk if this something to do with the mod or just the game itself. 

Hmm....we have similar experiences. Other mods also give me lag when selecting certain units. Is it because they are based off LA Mod (which also gives me lag)?

Just a little feature that EM4 mods need more of:

LBjTjwM.png

Reflective stripes that actually reflect ingame. You wont lose your units at night anymore.

Itchboy, if you want, you can send me a PM, and we can discuss the script issues you're having with lag. The lag is 99% certainly caused by script issues, I've just gotta see what they are. I'm downloading the released version now, and when I get that I'll play a bit over the next little while to see if I can't find some stuff that's happening there. 

NFK

Itchboy, if you want, you can send me a PM, and we can discuss the script issues you're having with lag. The lag is 99% certainly caused by script issues, I've just gotta see what they are. I'm downloading the released version now, and when I get that I'll play a bit over the next little while to see if I can't find some stuff that's happening there. 

NFK

NFK for president :holdglass:

NFK

This is why I think this is the best EM4 modding website here. Sending you a PM now.

It'd be a pretty good bet that lag from selecting units comes from the various CheckPossible and CheckTarget sections, as that would be the code active at that time. But the fact that it gets worse as time goes on seems to indicate that something else might be happening; either some repeating script eventually gets bogged down, or possible memory issues with the game itself.

Hopefully some digging sheds some light on the issue.