bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Most rural departments have an engine, brush, and tanker as a minimum.  My volunteer department, which is mostly rural with a village and an asphalt plant in our coverage, along with LOTS of farmland, has 2 engines, 2 tankers, 2 brush trucks, and a light plant.  Only one engine and one brush truck are newer than 2000.  And the engine was bought with insurance money, might I add.

Just seems to me that in a small town would either have a fire department ambulance (1 EMT, 1 Paramedic at station 24/7 just for the ambulance) or a private EMS company/separate governmental EMS agency (1 or 2 ambulances and maybe a supervisor car sometimes). Your average volly department in a small area would be lucky to scrape 10 firefighters and at the most trained as EMRs and maybe a EMT or two.

I know the volunteer department closest to me IRL does in fact have a paramedic response car. But regardless, I feel it's a necessary asset to have, because for certain medical calls (stroke, etc) you can't wait several minutes to get POV to the station to pick up an ambulance or wait for the paid department to show up. A quick-response vehicle is needed.

I know the volunteer department closest to me IRL does in fact have a paramedic response car. But regardless, I feel it's a necessary asset to have, because for certain medical calls (stroke, etc) you can't wait several minutes to get POV to the station to pick up an ambulance or wait for the paid department to show up. A quick-response vehicle is needed.

here in my county not a single fire department has a paramedic response car the EMS is a service of its own has its own station(two to be exact) and a lot of the vollys on the fire departments are paramedics or EMTs bc they work for the EMS and the paid department in my county doesnt even respond to medicals just the volly departments 

But don't they still have to go to the station to pick up the response car? Could you have certain firefighters be paramedics and be able to get medic bags from their POVs?

But don't they still have to go to the station to pick up the response car? Could you have certain firefighters be paramedics and be able to get medic bags from their POVs?

The paramedic and supervisor units are going to act as their own POVS, they'll either be parked at houses on-map or arrive on-map ready to go, haven't decided which yet.

So can you show us a picture of a station with units in it? Or did you not get that far enough?

It is done, but I'm holding off on releasing new media for a while. You will see it eventually, though.

Just adding my two cents..

For my fire department. We are a very small little department that covers a decent area. We have three bays which house a mini pumper(which carries our extrication tools and ems bag-this rig is the most used and first out on any call except fire), an engine, and a tanker. We use the cities squad(aka ambulance). Financially its cheaper to 'rent' the cities squad than to have the department have their own. We do have a few EMT trained people on the department, but they come and arrive with the others on one of our rigs. We are not allowed to respond direct unless the chief advises us to. Or if your the person who called it in. There are always varying circumstances.

Since this mods main fire station role is volunteer, housing their own ems personal with an ambulance would be costly to the city/town. That department would have to be atleast staffed 24/7 with trained ems personal to run the squad. Realistically those people would have a full volunteer job. So no pay at all, but its still your (mostly second) full time job. Although some volunteer departments do actually do this and have people staffed with an ambulance, most dont for this reason. Let alone if the department is in a small rural area with bigger cities surrounding it, it would be extremely cheaper to just 'rent' the next cities squad than purchasing their own. On top of all that, not all departments help the volunteers pay for the schooling to put people though to become an EMT.

This is from my knowledge within Ohio and the volunteer department I work on. Different states and departments vary. Either way in the end, its the mod creators decision. They mostly base it on what will be the best for the player within the game play boundaries.

I honestly think this whole POV is just getting too complicated, i think the first version is fine what does it matter if they have to drive there or if they spawn there? I know everyone wants this mod to be 100% accurate to a small town/ rural area but thats not gonna happen. Every town/city is going to run their department and stations differently to there is no way to replicate what everyone wants into one mod. 

I honestly liked the old setup with an engine and an ambulance, that seems pretty consistent with what you would see in real life. I could care less about a brush truck or the BC I never these units, and the paramedic car wouldn't even be required. As for the tanker what purpose does that serve? If its a small town they aren't going to have that many resources only the bare necessities. 

Everyone plays the game their own way and wants something specific and thats fine but if you want a tanker or whatever unit you want just call it on to the map or you can spawn it yourself. And if a mod doesn't have a vehicle you want then make it! 

I just think that all these requests and changes just slow down the development time and in my opinion kills mods, but its a domino effect oh let me just add this or maybe i want this or this person wants that in the mod etc. I think you have to keep it simple so you can release your work and make it playable for a larger audience. 

Look at the LA mod it doesnt have all the crazy things that the Ny mod has or some other mods  but its the best mod in my opinion because it was released and improved upon and had the average player in mind. 

. As for the tanker what purpose does that serve? If its a small town they aren't going to have that many resources only the bare necessities. 

For small towns tankers aren't luxuries, they're vital. Rural firefighting requires a much bigger focus on water supply, hence if a town only has one "pumper" they are only going to have 500-1,000 gallons of water to fight a fire until mutual aid shows up (in some areas upwards of half a hour) a tanker is needed to insure the firefighters a continuous water supply. This isn't like LA or NY where they have hydrants every block, the town could only be a few hundred people in a small area but the department would cover large amounts of sparsely settled land outside the town as well, and hydrants don't grow naturally on the prairies of Montana. To solve this problem many departments utilize pumper/tankers which carry more water, less tools and have large pumps (from the outside they look like any other pumper), most rural departments use only pumper/tankers as pumpers because the smaller tanks favored by urban departments just aren't practical. In short tankers aren't a required because its a volunteer department, they're required because its a rural department.

I wish I would like that post, but I can't.  To use my department as an example, we serve an area of a few hundred people, with a lot of farmland.  Do you know how many hydrants we have in our district?  Zero.  None.  We have to cross into the next county to fill from a hydrant.  We have 2 tankers and would be totally unable to do without them.  Our mutual aid is only 10-15 minutes away, but they're not familiar with tanker ops.  They have hydrants.  We, on the other hand, can run tanker ops like nobody's business.

As he said, they're not a luxury, they are a necessity.

For small towns tankers aren't luxuries, they're vital. Rural firefighting requires a much bigger focus on water supply, hence if a town only has one "pumper" they are only going to have 500-1,000 gallons of water to fight a fire until mutual aid shows up (in some areas upwards of half a hour) a tanker is needed to insure the firefighters a continuous water supply. This isn't like LA or NY where they have hydrants every block, the town could only be a few hundred people in a small area but the department would cover large amounts of sparsely settled land outside the town as well, and hydrants don't grow naturally on the prairies of Montana. To solve this problem many departments utilize pumper/tankers which carry more water, less tools and have large pumps (from the outside they look like any other pumper), most rural departments use only pumper/tankers as pumpers because the smaller tanks favored by urban departments just aren't practical. In short tankers aren't a required because its a volunteer department, they're required because its a rural department.

Cool story bro, but this is a game and you can connect to the trucks anywhere you are unless he uses the limited water supply script which is just a pain in my opinion. and you will have a brush truck. And i was referring to having it spawned at the station. There is a town on the map which will have hydrants so your only going to use a tanker when you have a large brush/forest fire. 

But thank you for proving my point. 

I was under the impression he was going to use the limited water supply logic. And there will be a few houses out in the country areas I hope, and with slower fire spread and more longer-lasting fires (I hope) it might take more than one pumper load of water. This is of course assuming we uses the limited water supply logic of course.

Cool story bro, but this is a game and you can connect to the trucks anywhere you are unless he uses the limited water supply script which is just a pain in my opinion. and you will have a brush truck. And i was referring to having it spawned at the station. There is a town on the map which will have hydrants so your only going to use a tanker when you have a large brush/forest fire.

But thank you for proving my point.

accutly small towns I rural area generally do not have many hydrants or any either.

As for limit water your right. However I believe I saw a posts saying it be included