bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Around here in WNY the local fire companies have what's called Fire Police which are fire dept personnel that help with traffic control and scene control as well as Auxillary Police units that do the same.

All the companies here in PA have fire police too. I don't know if there is such a thing in Montana but if there are fire police up there I think it would be a cool addition to the mod.

In the United States alot of decent size Law Enforcement agencies have volunteers that would carry out functions such as crowd or traffic control and community patrol but these individuals are no paid and are not sworn. Furthermore most decent sized agencies would also have Community Service Officers that are paid and would investigate crimes where the suspect is no longer present and would process the scene. These officers may or may not be sworn and they are  usually not armed. But as Fred03 said most rural or small agencies would not have the need or budget for these types of support staff. 

Keyword here being decent sized, our in the sticks most Sheriff's Departments might have no more than a Sheriff and 3 deputies and the Fire Department would be lucky to have 10 reliable volunteers. This is Montana we're talking about and there is a whole lotta nothing and nobody so I doubt you'd see very much of the other positions you'd see in a east cost community. I would reckon a town of the size Monidia pass appears to be based on in this mod ( the real one is a ghost town), I'm guessing no more than 300 people (loggers, ranchers, maybe a small factory bama could straighten me out I'm sure) would be pretty sparsely staffed for emergency workers which in my opinion is the point/charm of this mod. This isn't New York City where we can call as much support as you could possibly need for a emergency, you gotta make do with little resources.

I don't know wether you have them in Montana but here in the uk we have community support officers who can help with crowd control and questioning but are not armed (I mean with tasers or batons) and they can't arrest people, a lot of the time near where I live they help with traffic control like blocking roads and things like that, so it might be cool to see somthing like that

also it would be cool to see a free play event like if it rains heavy part of the map floods as it is in the country side, and you would have to get fire fighters and ems to start water rescues.

There are always four officers on duty for MPPD, those are the ones you'll have to play with without calling for mutual aid, and one of those is a designated traffic officer. He's a regular officer but he drives the only car with a directional light bar.

That I would love to see! It would give us a proper use for the SWR vehicles.

I'm hoping I'll be able to implement a flooding event, I agree it would be fun to work with

QUESTION AGAIN can you ad tazers to Montana mod again if u see in http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/19050-west-coast-canadian-mod-released/page-14#entry277263 it is a tazer there so can you ad a tazer in montana mod?

I am planning on implementing this, yes

Keyword here being decent sized, our in the sticks most Sheriff's Departments might have no more than a Sheriff and 3 deputies and the Fire Department would be lucky to have 10 reliable volunteers. This is Montana we're talking about and there is a whole lotta nothing and nobody so I doubt you'd see very much of the other positions you'd see in a east cost community. I would reckon a town of the size Monidia pass appears to be based on in this mod ( the real one is a ghost town), I'm guessing no more than 300 people (loggers, ranchers, maybe a small factory bama could straighten me out I'm sure) would be pretty sparsely staffed for emergency workers which in my opinion is the point/charm of this mod. This isn't New York City where we can call as much support as you could possibly need for a emergency, you gotta make do with little resources.

You're correct, although the official "population" is right around 1,000. There are 4 on-duty officers in the town, and I think I'm adding about 6-8 vollie firefighters

You're correct, although the official "population" is right around 1,000. There are 4 on-duty officers in the town, and I think I'm adding about 6-8 vollie firefighters

Wow, quite a bit bigger then lol, quite large by rural standards.

I'm down for 1,000. Sounds like a maybe 2 active pumpers and a reserve, rescue, 2 brush units and a tanker, maybe a command SUV. 4 cops sounds about right, not counting Sheriff's Deputies, state park rangers/wardens and state troopers.

There are always four officers on duty for MPPD, those are the ones you'll have to play with without calling for mutual aid, and one of those is a designated traffic officer. He's a regular officer but he drives the only car with a directional light bar.

I'm hoping I'll be able to implement a flooding event, I agree it would be fun to work with

I am planning on implementing

Awesome this is going to be one of the best mods

I'm down for 1,000. Sounds like a maybe 2 active pumpers and a reserve, rescue, 2 brush units and a tanker, maybe a command SUV. 4 cops sounds about right, not counting Sheriff's Deputies, state park rangers/wardens and state troopers.

I think for the mutual aid units, it would be cool to see maybe a minute or so delay before they spawn on the map. I know its not anything to special, but i think it would give the mod a nice little touch of realism

I think for the mutual aid units, it would be cool to see maybe a minute or so delay before they spawn on the map. I know its not anything to special, but i think it would give the mod a nice little touch of realism

If possible different times for different units and have them organised in stations so a ladder and one engine would arrive at the same time when called but a rescue and another engine would be later, it could also stack if you called three ambulances at once they would arrive minutes after each other.

Would it be possible to add riot units equipped with a shield and baton, like in the NY mod?

that would be cool

Not exactly standard equipment in rural areas...

i live in the country side in the uk and every police officer around here has a riot shield but there is not enough people for a riot team

Would it be possible to add riot units equipped with a shield and baton, like in the NY mod?

Baton or a nightstick maybe, shield probably not except maybe for state police.

Hey Bama, do you have a YouTube channel where you will post gameplay vids?

Not yet, but I might set something like that up in the future

i live in the country side in the uk and every police officer around here has a riot shield but there is not enough people for a riot team

In my area the only people who MIGHT have something like this is the highway patrol. Deputies/Officers only have standard patrol equipment. And if they do the gear would be in a trailer at the HQ building, they have enough stuff in the patrol cars as it is. One department south of me (7 officers) has  a shield they use for SWAT kinda things but any raids are done with folks from the Sheriff's Office, local police, highway patrol and occasionally the state conservation officers or park rangers just because its hard to scrounge up enough trained officers. Remember, very few resources is the whole idea of this mod to reflect the sad reality of rural emergency services in America.