bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

You really hit the rural vibe with those MPPD units, they look fantastic. Out of curiosity, did you make that lightbar on the Chevrolet? Looks awesome and seems really familiar.

You really hit the rural vibe with those MPPD units, they look fantastic. Out of curiosity, did you make that lightbar on the Chevrolet? Looks awesome and seems really familiar.

Nope, Cops made it if I recall correctly. And thank you!

Nice units, but I am starting to wonder...will it be enough?  I know you said about mutual aid and stuff, but still...Usually a rural department has AT LEAST an engine, tanker, and brush.  Still, we'll probably be able to get away with it on a small map like this.  If worst comes to worst, put one station with the engine and ambulance and maybe a second with a brush and tanker.

Nice one suggestion for the Monida Pass Volunteer Fire Department units maybe instead using unit number one go with different numbers.   Since i doubt they have dispatcher in town.  likely dispatch from county.  so use say 10 or 15.  For the ambulance use say 45.  

Example of rural county station numbers.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/10805/?rl=rr

In that example station 15 are the fire units and station 45 is ems/ambulance.

pictures

https://www.flickr.com/search/?tags=station15&sort=relevance&user_id=9579030%40N02

https://www.flickr.com/search/?tags=station45&sort=relevance&user_id=9579030%40N02

These station are a bit bigger then what you your showing but they also covering the saxonburg borough, and two townships are mutal aid for another another five townships. 

Of course to got with that i be neat if the mutal add compay all have unique station numbers. 

The new units looks sweet!

Btw bama, i wana ask, how do you create those compressed fire hoses?

They're models I created in gmax seperately and then added to the engines. Started with a skinny box, shaped it to look like a flat hose, added a curve on both ends and copied and pasted.

I need some help this mod downloaded perfectly i didnt do the 1.a or b i just tryed the first link. Everything worked perfectly and then after the setup wizard it says its done but it's not on my game or mods anywhere idk what to do please help this mod looks amazing and i really want to try it out

All i did is i went to win rar and looked at the folder,then i found the application , clicked it then went to wizard setup of something like that ,it said it was finished and now idk where its at. And fyi i downloaded the first link not 1.a or.b

The word is that the station will better fit the map/call volume when the 2nd version of the mod comes out. And I agree, I've taken to calling all my fire/EMS units from off map and just ignoring the station.

On the contrary, I'd say I prefer having a smaller station with only a few units. I find it more challenging to try and deal with as much as possible using as few units as possible, only calling in extra units if I'm struggling at an incident rather than just bomb bursting vehicles at everything. But then that's just me!

On the contrary, I'd say I prefer having a smaller station with only a few units. I find it more challenging to try and deal with as much as possible using as few units as possible, only calling in extra units if I'm struggling at an incident rather than just bomb bursting vehicles at everything. But then that's just me!

Its not just you, I do the same, IF I need more units like for a large traffic accident or a fire that is getting out of hand, but even for that, its usually the light force and a an extra engine or 2. Personally I like it that way because the Battalion Chief gets used more.

Since the map don't really match the units/stations I park a pumper and a ladder at the station that's on the map and another pumper and a squad somewhere else on the map. I figure since its still a city map I'll play with the units I figure a city that size would have.

Since the map don't really match the units/stations I park a pumper and a ladder at the station that's on the map and another pumper and a squad somewhere else on the map. I figure since its still a city map I'll play with the units I figure a city that size would have.

At one time i had edited the map and created a Medical station at location of the old fire station.  However since I am not that great with scripting or VOs, I didn't have much success.  I had to disable the ambos from leaving the map then try and manually park them back in the station