bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

It's a folder within a folder, open the original one you downloaded; you'll see a second file with the same name, copy/paste that one into your mods folder, that will fix your problem.

Yup, I figured it out like 5 minutes after posting that x) Rookie mistake!

So I got the Topkick ambulance to spawn, staff at the fire station.  Only two problems left, (note im a novice at this whole thing)

1.) ambulance will return to HQ not station after dropping off patients at hospital.

2.) CTD when the crew gets out of the ambulance.  

I know it is something simple but as stated before I am a novice.  Any help is appreciated (and yes i have looked at the tutorials)

First part knocked out because READ ME actually means this file might have useful info lol.

State Troopers are the police force that falls under the state of Montana (in this mod), or whatever state.  Their main focus tends to be highway enforcement and cross-county incidents.  They have jurisdiction throughout the state.

I'm not sure as to the difference between county sheriff and county police, as we've only got sheriffs here, but they are police.  It might just be a skinning error.

Also, could someone explain difference and jurisdiction of County Sheriff, County Police and State Troopers and their respective SWAT units?

I'm not sure as to the difference between county sheriff and county police, as we've only got sheriffs here, but they are police.  It might just be a skinning error.

Usually a Sheriff is an elected position. The Chief of Police will be appointed by the local government. 

In areas that have both a Police department and a Sheriff's office, the Sheriff's office often runs the jail and the courthouse, while the Police department will do the patrolling and the "police work"

In areas (usually rural) that only have a Sheriff's office, the Sheriff will have "road deputies", "jail deputies" and "court security or bailiff's" for the protection of the Court.

Hope that helps. (not my wording found on another forum, as I was curious about it aswell.

In some other areas the Police only have jurisdiction inside their city whereas the Sheriff has jurisdiction throughout the county. As such the Sheriff's Department takes the lead role in incidents outside the cities, The Highway Patrol/State Troopers/Department of Public Safety/State Police work primarily on highways doing traffic enforcement and cross county incidents as well as assist with any other incidents in which they are requested.

In some states it breaks down that the State Police are rural law enforcement (areas which may not be covered by other agencies), but mostly they are for hwy traffic enforcement and accident related issues.

County Police (and larger incorporated cities also fall into this category) are used for law enforcement purposes dealing with traffic, criminal, disputes, etc.

Sheriff are used for court related issues, summons, evictions, warrants, jail duties, things of that nature

The problem is that unlike most countries the USA is very diverse in the way it proceeds with functions, in some places EMS is under the umbrella of fire, in other places they subcontract it out to AMR and companies like that... You can't really cover the whole of the USA with one specific setup, usually though larger cities have their own PD which generally covers the incorporated territory of the cities, followed by a county around said city that is enforced usually by a county police, as you get further towards rural areas it becomes a bit more confusing as in some municipalities its sheriff in others it police, although in general all share the same "powers" with regards to their positions.  The difference is mostly just in the label slapped onto them, some places have transportation/transit police that are for traffic enforcement on toll roads, others do not but in the end the police duties remain the same.

The exception to that generally is the "auxiliary" police, they generally are not as equipped on powers under their command, generally used to augment the primary police force in times of emergency such as wildfires, snow storms, anything that may cause a state of emergency or require massive response, sometimes they are brought out merely for there being a concert of some other venue which requires additional manpower but only on a temp basis.

In some states it breaks down that the State Police are rural law enforcement (areas which may not be covered by other agencies), but mostly they are for hwy traffic enforcement and accident related issues.

County Police (and larger incorporated cities also fall into this category) are used for law enforcement purposes dealing with traffic, criminal, disputes, etc.

Sheriff are used for court related issues, summons, evictions, warrants, jail duties, things of that nature

The problem is that unlike most countries the USA is very diverse in the way it proceeds with functions, in some places EMS is under the umbrella of fire, in other places they subcontract it out to AMR and companies like that... You can't really cover the whole of the USA with one specific setup, usually though larger cities have their own PD which generally covers the incorporated territory of the cities, followed by a county around said city that is enforced usually by a county police, as you get further towards rural areas it becomes a bit more confusing as in some municipalities its sheriff in others it police, although in general all share the same "powers" with regards to their positions.  The difference is mostly just in the label slapped onto them, some places have transportation/transit police that are for traffic enforcement on toll roads, others do not but in the end the police duties remain the same.

The exception to that generally is the "auxiliary" police, they generally are not as equipped on powers under their command, generally used to augment the primary police force in times of emergency such as wildfires, snow storms, anything that may cause a state of emergency or require massive response, sometimes they are brought out merely for there being a concert of some other venue which requires additional manpower but only on a temp basis.

In other areas there also township police departments instead of county police. Also some area also form Regional police force. Somes times merge 2 or more smaller departments in a much large one.

Also in some same state we have a thing call fire police. Which are part of Fire departments the police duties are fire sinces and MVA. because the township police may only have one or two office on duty at the time.

I've meticulously combed through the forum and the Montana Mod files, not in any depth as I am no expert. The issue I am having is that after installing the Montana Mod some of the vehicles appear to be distorted in free play and editor. I've tried reinstalling EM4 and the Montana Mod several times but have made no progress. The vehicles still function like normal but the best I can describe it is that their skin in enlarged and out of place. When viewing the troubled vehicles in editor I am able to zoom in very closely in "edit childs" and see what the vehicle was in tended to look like; but after zooming back out the skin distorts again.

Please help, it's been years since I've been able to play EM4 and I'm anxious to use this beautiful mod. Thank you

In Chester County, the County Police have stations in each town in the county. The idea is that the towns and county save money by using a county-provided police force in each town instead of their own individual departments. The county Sheriff department is primarily for prisoner transport, state police assistance and rural law enforcement.

More than likely in the next version of the mod the County Police will be changed to Monida Pass police, the town the mod is based in, and the LE structure will follow more traditional American structures.

Quick update, I'm working on the new map a bit more now, I could use some help. If any experienced modders want to help by making new building models, PM me. New screens will come soon.

Ooooh a new map? Very nice :D just a shame I'm not a modder, otherwise I'd offer my help lol