heyjoojoo

Did I miss a step when adding a new person?

I created my own mod and I also added a new person to one of the existing vehicles. I used a civilian to make him a news reporter. I used the file 'civilianman02_blue'.

Here's what I did:

1. added the new model with texture files in Models Folder (made sure the filenames were the same)
  2. Opened Editor, created the prototype file, linked it with the model files.
  3. While in Editor, added traits, commands, talkmic, etc.
  4. In Units Folder, went into the Personnel Folder, edited the Units.xml file to show the path to the new person ('civilianman02_blue')
  5. In Units Folder, went into the Vehicles Folder, edited the Units.xml file to the existing vehicle changing unit id name
  6. In Specs Folder, edited the portraits.xml file to include a new line: mod:Prototypes\Persons\04 LA Tec\civilman02_blue.e4p
  7. In Langs Folder, edited the infotexts.xml and portraits.xml file

That's all I did. Did I forget something? What happens is that when I start the game, and go to the vehicle list, I click on the vehicle, and the game crashes to the desktop. Not sure what I missed....

The best thing to do when adding a Person or vehicle to the game, is to "Clone" a previous person instead of making a new prototype :) thats what i usually do :-)

But don't you still need to edit the paths and reassign the links to the model/texture files.