ToastyGStar

Emergency 4: UK Download?

Hello everyone i am very new to the forums so you will have to forgive me.

I tried for the past hour and a half to find a copy of Emergency 4 (title 911 first responders here) which i can buy to download in the UK.

I have tried buying from the Atari site

I have also tried buying from Amazon.com

I even tried to disguise my IP as a US IP but in my wisdom forgot my debit card was registered to my UK address so still no joy.

I have visited some of the sites suggested in other threads, waded through a good few pages in google.

I even had a look on steam but the only copy i could find was Emegency 2012 which i dont want as it isnt moddable (i loved the look of the LA mod).

So the problem is i have a UK Address which my card is registered to, so i thought paypal might work. And spent the last 30 minutes setting paypal up and allowing it to take money from my bank.

I remembered that Atari had an option to pay via paypal and after re-registering it still wouldnt let me purchase it due to it being restricted in my billing country.

So i had to re-register again, using some made up US address (had to figure out how their ZIP system works), then forcing it to use my Paypal, which then took the funds from my UK bank account and gave it to the powers at be.

I havent used a torrent in my life, but i was very tempted due to the fact this looks like a great game to play (and i remember playing the demo a very long time ago).

I am happy to pay money towards small games like Emergency even if the publisher gets most of it, i hope part of my contribution will be filtered down to the devlopers, same with music.

After no doubt breaking numerous international laws i have finally begun the legitmate download of 911: First Response or Emergency four. I would buy a disk copy but the disk drive i have in my pc isnt working correctly and i dont have the money or time to get a new one and wire it all up just for the sake of one game, and all the game stores in my town have shut down, as is the case in numerous other places in the UK.

If they are serious about tackling priates, they really shouldnt make things that difficult to buy but i digress. After going through some more posts, and reading the reviews on amazon it appears i may not be able to mod the dowloaded version of it?

If this is so you will have to forgive me for letting out a few tears! If someone could advise me on if indeed i will be able to mod this or link me to a post that gives me a guide i will be most grateful!

My PC is running windows 7 64bit (i checked a few posts and things should be okay), i play Battlefield 3 online on high graphics so there shouldnt be any performance issues. The download is going quite fast so i will update when i eventually get it installed.

Thanks for reading

All the best

ToastyGStar

UPDATE: Everything appears to work fine, can load up the game and play it... however installed LA Mod and whilst in game it shows that the mod is there it will not give any details, See screenshot here.

When i try to launch the modloader it comes up with this error, see here.

I did try to launch the mod installer with a mod (open with) ... no joy, same error.

I will be trawling the forums and google aswell but any help would be appriciated!

- Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

- Legit US Copy

- I did try a registery fix here , although nothing has happened.

Note: i have not tried a reinstall yet

As this very topic mentions, the game is sold as '911 First Responders' in the UK.

In the future, please refrain from bumping old topics, such as this one, where the last reply was from four years ago. Repeated offenses can earn you a warning point.