Guest CHP

Little help with Zmodeler....

So, there i was, quite happily working a way on a model in Zmodeler2, comes time to export the thing, yet when I do the file is 0kb, and is completley empty. So I open the editor to see if I can addition it, and I get the blue box with "missing modelfile" (which i expected anyway). So, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has such problems? And if so, what is the workaround.

Thankaya!!

Guest Sniper

ffe-1.jpg

this problem is coused by something simple.

the modelfile has a name, but you exported it under another name so it won´t export correctly.

name the model to what you want end then export it with that name

Nah, i found the problem out, i hadn't renamed the part in Zmodeler, so no biggy, thanks for the filename tip. But I encountered another problem, when I addition the unit in the em4 editor, it don't show up at all. In the "preview" option in the unit list, the car shows up, but as a hollow grey shiloette. It's not the UV mapping, which I have done, it's like the unit is either sunken too low, or maybe raised too high!!! I can use other 3d editors, but zmodeler is a perpetual mystery to me...

Also, while we're on the subject of Zmodeler, are there any good tutorials/tips/advice on a converting a car from NFS 4 - EM4?? I have some good old 80's police cruisers that I wanted to make a mod with, if I could get to grips with zmodeler, I was perhaps going to make a traffic replacement pack for other modders, just some medium poly american cars, maybe even a european pack.