stevenew95

Emergency 4 Mod installer

I know that you might have a topic on this but i cant find one so...here i am. There is a lot of mods that require the mod installer and it wont work :( ive tried to reinstall the entire game and it didnt work. Dont say install patch 3 casue thats for em3. Anyone please help. Id like to have a lot more mods and without this its practically impossible. So please help guys! Btw the message shows this

post-33589-0-81411700-1335909122_thumb.p

It may be that a registry key is missing.

I fixed mine this way:

1. Open your favorite plain-text editor.

2. Paste the code below into a new file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4]
"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files\\sixteen tons entertainment\\Emergency 4"

3. Save the file as 'Emergency4RegistryKeyFix.reg' (technically you can choose any file name you desire, so long as the extension is '.reg' :) )

4. Locate and double-click the registry file you just saved, and choose yes when asked to add the information to the registry.

It may be important to note, however, that the fix may be different for 64-bit computers.

The fix I gave should work on all 32-bit computers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

well mine is installed with wizard works. so would it go like this?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\wizard works\911 first responders]

"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\wizard works\\ 911 first responders"

:excl: Didnt work. Picture shows what it said. I also changed the 911 first responders part to emergency 4 and it didnt work. gave me the same message.

I want this to work :cry:

post-33589-0-63419700-1336007334_thumb.p

Did you purchase from Atari?

I purchased mine from them, and mine was installed to the same path as yours.

Try it the exact way I posted first.

If it still doesn't work, uninstall Em4 and then reinstall to 'C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4', then run the key exactly as I posted it. This is what I ended up doing and it worked. :)

Edit:

My bad, the issue right now is that the key isn't being imported. You'll need to open up regedit (with admin privileges) and add the key there. I don't have Vista/W7, so I'm afraid I can't give you a step-by-step (though I can show you where to put the key if you'd like). :)

Edit 2:

I did some research (on registry keys in general for Vista/W7), and what I posted should add properly.

What plain-text editor did you use? Make sure word-wrap is turned off and that there are no unnecessary line breaks or spaces.

So what exactly do i need to do? Your edit confused my just a little bit :P

i tried exactly what you posted and gave me the same error code.

GOT IT!!! :D thank you!!!!!! best regards!

How exactly did you do it? I've had this issue for months and it's driving me insane.

okay, the registry fix file he posted up earlier in the forum. YOu copy all of it. Even the windows registry editor part. COPY ALL OF IT to notepad and save it as whatever you want with the file extension .reg then open it and say yes to what it says. It should be fixed.

okay, the registry fix file he posted up earlier in the forum. YOu copy all of it. Even the windows registry editor part. COPY ALL OF IT to notepad and save it as whatever you want with the file extension .reg then open it and say yes to what it says. It should be fixed.

Even if my file name is WizardWorks and 911 - First Responders?

Yes. See thats what i thought too but i tried to change the root and it didnt work. Do it exactly as he posted it at the top.

It may be that a registry key is missing.

I fixed mine this way:

1. Open your favorite plain-text editor.

2. Paste the code below into a new file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4]
"InstallDir"="C:\\Program Files\\sixteen tons entertainment\\Emergency 4"

3. Save the file as 'Emergency4RegistryKeyFix.reg' (technically you can choose any file name you desire, so long as the extension is '.reg' :) )

4. Locate and double-click the registry file you just saved, and choose yes when asked to add the information to the registry.

It may be important to note, however, that the fix may be different for 64-bit computers.

The fix I gave should work on all 32-bit computers.

You guys are both awesome. I've been trying to fix this for months. Thanks a lot guys.

I have put in the registry file and the mod installer now work. However, when I first tried to install a mod (m-60 english version), I got a pop-up window that said that the file was corrupted. I re-installed it, but I got the same message so I tried another mod (m-60 beta). I got the same results from that mod. Not to be discouraged, I then tried two other mods (the NYC mod and the US Army mod) and the same window just kept popping up. I use 7-zip and I have the 911: First Responders download from Amazon. I also had to change the directory to "Computer/Local Disk (D:)/Emergency 4/911 - First Responders" due to a lack of memory in the default directory. Do I need to change the .reg file to account for the directory change or are the mods getting corrupted because of the download? Thank you if can help.

Yes, you need to change the .reg file to match the directory. Apparently the value tells the mod installer where to look for the 'Mods' folder, so if it doesn't match the game root directory, the mod installer won't work properly.

What I typed below might still be useful if you're having problems though, as I found it can be an issue as well (though less likely).

I've messed around a bit, and I have a question that might seem silly, but do you have a 'Mods' folder in the game root directory?

If not, create one and then run the mod installer. Based on testing it just now, the mod installer does throw a 'The mod package is corrupted' error if the 'Mods' folder doesn't exist.

Edited by AXFulmenII