rafaelmfernandez

The Manhattan Modification Release & Download

I'm willing to bet that the Mod installer is the culprit behind the crash. Maybe it wasn't scripted properly and corrupts the mod during the install process. I'd say do a manual install ( drop files into folder) which is the easiest and safest procedure to do.

I've had mod installers before and they've caused nothing but trial of errors.

After playing it (For a long time) I've come to the conclusion. This is AMAZING!! Really enjoyed playing it, created a massive Traffic jam in a square pattern, then just my luck, A major fire started in the center. Couldn't get any units in :P had to walk alot of fire crews in to attempt to contain it until i could move the traffic.. What fun that was :)

The biggest problem I found was ped traffic freezing in the roads. This causes traffic to back up and ped traffic to back up. Couldn't pinpoint a start point for it, but the problem was the wose in Times Square which was completly log locked and kind of random through out the map.

Another I found was the tow truck would not return with a car on it to the station. Tried to move it around to differnt parts, but no luck.

Other then the occasional civilian stopping in the road, the traffic runs very smooth for as much pedestrians as their are. Still trying to figure out exactly where all the fire units go because some don't seem to want to go to a station they just freeze in the middle of the road. Overall though I love the map and the unit's. Once all the small bugs are fixed it will be awesome. I also love how you have enough time to get to calls, I have seen some where you get there and everything has blown up and caught on fire already. Keep up the good work because I would say this mod has more potential then LA mod.

Awesome job guys! I've only had the chance to play for an hour and a half, but....

A couple of things I really love are:

1. The FDNY vehicle details and lighting.

2. Addition of detectives, captains, etc. (even if it's eye-candy, it puts a more realistic touch on the mod)

3. The map details are excellent and very relevant to NYC. The atmosphere of the map gives it a very busy feeling. The other NYC submod was good, but looked more like it took place in Europe.

4. Newer calls.

5. Multiple different sirens are nice. Maybe it's just ear-candy, but I like it.

Couple issues for me:

1. Can't seem to control traffic too well. I feel like there's a way you can do it, but I don't know how. Putting an officer in front of traffic just makes more jams behind him, creating a small domino effect.

2. This is just personal, but felt like maybe too many high-rises.. maybe it's just taking a little while to get used to adjusting the camera angle alot to get tall buildings out of the way.

I had no trouble with CTD except when exiting Freeplay which doesn't even matter to me. No problems with install either.

I feel sorry you guys now have to deal with some folk who apparently don't understand torrents and/or ZIP files.... they're loss. Look forward to ya'lls new mod or additional updates/content. Take care.

Hello Rafel and Dyson,

Long time watcher, first time poster. You should be very proud of all your work. The map alone is worth a large Kudo to you both.

I do have a bug to report. My game crashes with the following error. I'm thinking it may be associated with E9 or E54 but I can't be 100% sure.

(_LASirena6bd82): error: Illigal pointer class objects obj 0x0 6

Thanks, keep up the nice work.