OLd new york mod

emergency-forum.de for TUT NY mod info.

Also the Manhatten Mod is planned to release Easter Sunday if your intrested.

Update from the other forum: (google tranlsate)

Preface:

It is now three and a half years ago, precisely in July 2008, when the New York modification of first in the Forum was announced and presented.

Since then, there was much attention to the development of the modification, praise and much criticism. After a so long development time also much discontent among fans, as rumors of a setting of the work on the modification came up fairly quickly.

We are not evil it you, despite all the offense.

It has been a very long time in the country, patience was put to the test, there were basic changes in the team and in the development however, the long wait in the end was worth from our point of view.

Over time, we had different concepts developed and conducted, but have changed demands on ourselves and created the incentive for something bigger.

In the spring of 2010 we started the work on something new. The 1: 1 a Freeplay mission-based, with first a map around a fire station originally was modeled after. These works have taken a very long time, it ran everything well and quickly. However, we noticed the first inconsistencies in the scale of the houses, the map size and the models in spring 2011, a year later.

Because it would have been a greater effort to customize everything we had to close this chapter, unfortunately it also was so annoying, and start again from 0.

We have learned from our past mistakes and in this context, we have decided on a similar idea, only on a smaller scale, to build.

Thus concept has developed our final, where we sound, so how does allow the time and motivation just work now since end of October 2011!

The concept is so structured that we meet our demands, but promptly end can make a first version, so that you have something like this.

1.0 The concept:

-Based a system of Freeplay mission-based

-Map change system

-Models with real/real size/proportions

-Liquid gameplay

-Completely new application scenarios

-Real tactics and procedures as far as possible

-Completely new GUI

-Maps based on real places

1.1 The system

Initially you will between different New York rescue organizations can choose:

FDNY (fire brigade)

FDNY (EMS)

NYPD (patrol, CSU, or ESU)

After selection of the departments you select his desired unity and thus guard for the game, where you will spend the life of his remaining game:

FDNY

-Engine company

-Ladder company

-Rescue company

-Squad company

NYPD

-RMP

-ESU unit

-Crime scene unit

-On foot patrol

FDNY EMS

-Ambulance

-Because we have decided to develop only small parts in the future, work them but for this intense, area of Fire Department will be included in the first version of only the tasks.

-Start is a small map around the fire station of your selected unit

-Controlling other aid organisations for the lot is only once set nor limited possible!

1.2 The maps

-Smaller maps, but 1: 1 of the real places modeled after

-Each selectable unit has its own small map around the respective fire station / station

-Each scenario has its own map, or there are various implementation scenarios on the same map but in different places, this varies depending on the size of the map.

-There are operational, interaction, and Stationmaps.

1.3 The application scenarios

-The scenarios individually to fit the Department and each unit selection of

1.4 New interaction possibilities

FDNY

-Roof ventilation

-Specialized menus for extraction

-Water supply

-Foam

-Building and civil engineering rescue

-10-Codes and radio communication

-Lifting cushion (air bags)

-Other new equipment

-Tower ladder operations

-Aerial ladder operations

NYPD

-OC spray

-Inspect of suspect persons

-Optimized arrest

-Patrol function

-Various weapon selection options

FDNY EMS

-Selection of different medical treatments

-New equipment

The development:

Only the area of FDNY (Fire Department) is intended for the first version, because of the overhead. Here we are however already very far advanced.

The current version includes the complete 1st Battalion including squad 18 (lower Manhattan) Fahrzeugtechnisch.

We have customized our new concept all vehicles and had to build them thus scratch.

We have done the first assignment map, our test card.

Currently, we are completing our first fire station + map.

This process drags on, because the watch is the Alltagsort… it should be not so boring!

There are still in the script much to do besides in the whole Feinheiten… of which are also still quite a bit of time.

The current version is designed for us as a basic version only, but we are most consider them after completion as sort of "small preview" to download offer… time will tell wink.png

Planning:

First goal is all organisations in small groups to get playable, then we extend our area and can build larger amounts. Generally our modification includes the entire city of New York with its 5 districts.

Now, we again are you available, give more development insights, or try to make our public relations in general more transparent.

Hereby a Happy Easter and we remain,

Sounds similar to Wegberg but more job options and specified units.

Sounds like they will release piece by piece

ex: 1st release FDNY engine or ladder or rescue

2nd FDNY EMS, police patrol, FDNY squad

Etc

Guys. Lets be honest, They're never releasing this. They've been toying with us for 3 years.

You don't know them or how hard they have been working.

http://www.emergency-forum.de/board41-emergency-4/board135-emergency-4-modding-teams/board178-new-york-modifikation/board139-allgemeines/49389-new-york-mod-project-2012/#post793023

It sounds like they have decided to downsize the scope of the initial release, with only FDNY. Then they will release later versions of the game with NYPD and FDNY EMS.

This mod is like crack. Every time I drop it and move on, they come out with some new stuff, and I get hooked again. Their modeling is just unreal. If this mod ever becomes a reality, it should be a good one. Whether that happens, who knows, but I like what they are saying........again......

After trying the Manhatten Mod I'm back to the LA Mod and Newfoundking's NY Mod. Manhatten Mod is far too buggy for me right now. Would be cool to see this one come out within the next year or so.

I'm jealous of the work they've done and I wish we had the same quality. But seriously ditching our mod? There's patches coming out soon so it'd be nice if you stuck around

After trying the Manhatten Mod I'm back to the LA Mod and Newfoundking's NY Mod. Manhatten Mod is far too buggy for me right now. Would be cool to see this one come out within the next year or so.

yeah this post kinda frustrated me too, when you say far too buggy? I believe there is nothing beyond minor inconveniences. But whatever.

Little Update for FFW TUT New York Mod: r1zQR3.pngkfwOo.png Brief explanation:

The gears the menu for material of technical assistance.

The flame opens the menu for material for fire-fighting.

The cross opens the menu for material to medical help.

The antenna icon opens the menu for radio-related aspects.

All menus are "context sensitive" that is to say, depending on which unit was selected (vehicle, person, paramedic, firefighter, police officer) the available materials are adjusted accordingly.

Be in the bar at the bottom left a picture of the selected unit displayed in the middle of basic information, and in the right section of control possibilities, such as E.g. lights, special signal in vehicles. These graphics are not yet created, therefore not a unit is selected here in the picture (Rough Translation)