Freelancer

The Midlands Modification [Released 1.0]

Hi Everyone, Just an update from all of us, We're proud to be showing off our West Midlands Emergency Services fleet for Version 1, consisting of many vehicles.

There's also a video displaying some of the light work.

As for the Mod itself, Lighting is complete and we're looking to Release Version 1.0 within the next few weeks, So keep an eye on the topic!

police11.jpg

ambula10.jpg

fire10.jpg

[media=]

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Is the BMW the one from the London mod?

The OC-D

No it's from the CCC Mod,the Bmw 3 Series may be in the London mod though as anyone can use CCC Models...

And the blue LED Light is from the german fourms

I'm sorry, but I've only just read through your topic, I love your work, it's absolutely amazing! I have a few things to say and ask: for one thing, i'm not sure whether it's been said, or whether you know it or not, but, the doctor in the orange outfit (from page 5) is a HEMS doctor, the Helicopter Emergency Medical Service. I'm not sure whether the west midlands has such a service, as a lot of Air Ambulances are still a paramedic lead team. London was the first Air Ambulance service to have a doctor lead service. These doctors are highly trained for trauma situations. The orange suit is a flight suit, by law they must have fire retardant clothing when flying, however, as they are not allowed to fly at night or in bad weather, they use cars instead when such situations arise, allowing them to attend scenes. BASICS doctors can be any doctor are volunteers. They are often not trained in emergency medicine, and are general practitioners, (hems often get annoyed at them through their lack of training) but, they are usually there to support paramedics allowing them to give drugs that are life saving, but that paramedics do not have qualifications to carry or administer.

I live in Surrey, and am covered by the South East Coast Ambulance Service, so, I'm not sure whether you do, but, are there any Box ambulances in your region? I really love the look of them! :happy:

And, just for future reference, for anyone playing the game in a realistic fashion: St John Ambulance support the ambulance service, and they usually attend when other ambulances aren't available and to the less-serious events, or major events, again as a support for the NHS ambulances, such as at floods and they had a lot of publicity for responding to the 7/7 bombings. St John also attend events such as football events to give first aid cover. I'm probably saying what a lot of people know, but, I haven't seen this information anywhere, so, I thought I'd say it for the people that didn't know.

But, I love your work guys! It's really amazing! Looking forward to the release! :cool:

Thanks for the comment lala :)

In West Mids we have 5 helimed's, and like you said not all of them have doctors on board, the majority are paramedic crews. In the screen shots above the landrover ambulance RRV depicts one of the response cars used outside of daylight hours.

Also in West Midlands we have the C.A.R.E team (central accident, resus & emergency team) who are volunteer doctors & nurses who support WMAS on weekend evenings.

Im not sure we've got planned in regards to including BASICS or the C.A.R.E team, but I know it has been talked about :

Also you asked about box ambulances, all the vehicles in WMAS are the van style. We did away with those a few years ago (old renaults & transits).

Just to clarify the Air Ambulances;

There are 3 that are supported by West Midlands Ambulance Service and based within the West Midlands Region, based at Tatenhill Airport Stafford, RAF Cosford, and one at Strensham Motorway Services. They do fly at night (rarely) but cant land in built up areas, so they have to land in large open areas which have been previously recce'd by the Civil Aviation Authority, WMAS and Air Ambulance operatives.

Only one of these carries a doctor as they are too expensive to hire.

Here is the current staffing:

Strensham Services:

1 Pilot

2 Paramedics

RAF Cosford:

1 Pilot

1 Paramedic

1 Doctor

Tatenhill Airport:

1 Pilot

2 Paramedics

At the moment we only have the helicopter and support vehicle for the Air Ambulance, no personnel at the moment. And for 1.5 or 2.0 we are including the old renault master which is box like (like whats currently being used by the Scottish Ambulance Service)

Greetings,

I'd like to share something we've been working on,here we have a Tesco express petrol station for the map in 1.5

tescoa.png

tesco1b.png

tesco2.png

Please keep in mind it's all work in progress

Also Entonox who is finishing the lights off has not had much time lately but he tells me there's a very small amount of lighting left

once that all done we can finally add all units into game and get West Midlands 1.0 released. :) and we've now got our personal

website set up:http://forum.bluelight-mods.co.cc/

Thanks

Freelancer & BlueLightModding

Another update

I have 75% of units added into the game, just the police to do now, then I need to sort out the sosi script. Personnel needs added all commands for all units also need to be added. I don't have a lot of time as I have a 1 year old baby to care for as well.

Still aiming to have all units in the game by tomorrow lunch time. There ain't a lot left for me to do, but it is all time consuming and each thing needs to be tested as I go along, I can't stand adding things on a big scale to find something is missing.

So hopefully a release within a 3-4 days, not sure what else freelancer wants to include in v1.0

Eyespy900