lacofd_FF51

Apple vs Android

I myself have the Samsung Galaxy S2 and I think it's the best phone out there.

There are small differences between the Ios and the Androids. Mainly, the ios have more restrictions, but more apps. The android have (slightly) more open source apps and not many restrictions.

I'd say like, if you have a mac and loads o cash, go for the apple.

If you use gmail, and google's calendar and such, go for the android.

With Android you can do basically anything, with IOS you don't have to know anything to do what you want to do, it's easy to use.

With android, there is the thing with different brands. If you want to have a cheap, crappy smartphone or a expensive highend smartphone both are out there running android as os. As I said earlier, I have the Samsung galaxy S2 which is highend and expensive. I like it a lot though, and I recommend this if you want no lag anywhere, anytime. I like the android ui and overall userfriendlyness, I disagree with search_destroy.

My vote for Android!

My honest opinion on it, is Android all the way. I've got a few reasons why it's a million times better, and then, in the intereste of fairness, I'll also explain why apple is so popular, aside from the manufactured need

With an android, it's a lot more open than an apple. Apple actively hires jailbreakers to make sure no one can jailbreak their phones. Android phones just void the warranty, cause you're now able to break shit they don't want to have to fix. Sensible enough. The markets are also a lot more open. In android there are about 3 of everything, which is confusing if you're not well versed in computers, but with any amount of knowledge and an hour of free time, you'll never turn back to anything else. I personally like that there are so many options to choose from. Androids also are a hell of a lot cheaper, yes I know some phones are crazy expensive, but I can still buy a phone that will be current for several years, and I won't need to replace it as it's totally obsolete for at least two years, and I still won't break the bank. Makes those term contracts slightly less scary (still would never sign a contract). The best part I find though is the ability to custonmize my phone. If I wanted to add say a better battery, or even one of those wireless chargers, I can do that without professional assistance. I could buy my phone with the 16gb internal storage (standard on galaxy) and if I run out of space, just pop in an SD card, up to another 32gb of space. Bang. Wanna change providers? Easy. It's a lot better for those that understand how cell phones work, or for those that don't want to have limits put on them. Biggest downside I find is, is that every phone is different, and there are thousands if not more android phones out there, all with varying speeds, so some are awesome, and some lack a little bit. Then again, I bought my phone for three hundred less than an iPhone, and it works just as good as my friend's iPhone. She's switching to an android in may ;)

Now some reasons why apple is more popular. It's idiot proof. You can't change anything except the apps and background. Everything is protected, to prevent people from screwing things up (as mentioned earlier, this is good for the technologically illiterate, but bad for the generation of new tech). Another upside is everything released for the iPhone will work on the new one, as there is only one option. The iPhone. This allows them to make a custom tailored experience for the user, which is fine and dandy if you only want a phone for apps, and basic phone function. The biggest downside to all of this is that everything costs so much money. Want to put something on, it has to go through iTunes. Want to buy a phone, that'll be an arm and a leg, wanna get the new angry birds, cough up two bucks (free on android)

As you can already tell, I'm an android lover, for the reasons above, and the fact I'm for generative technology. That's what invented everything you have here. Without everyone's help with comptuers, it'd just be the companies making everything, and the world would be much worse off. Originally, Apple created the idiot's computer. An ad back in the eightes actually said "Apple computers only have one mouse button, so no more confusion" If two buttons confuse you, maybe you should give up technology for good lol. Sicne then, it's been a downward spiral, and big companies like apple are making everything they roll out degenerative, and as I said actively fighting to stop people from making any improvements to their products, see the iBrick statement. "Jailbreak your iPhone and we'll make it an iBrick next time you hook up"

Android all the way.

NFK made alot of good points but frankly, Android leads the way in technology. For example, there is no iPhone with 4G/LTE capability at this time.

Android also comes in many shapes and sizes. Want a slider phone with a physical keyboard? They are not that popular but they are out there. Want a bigger screen? No problem.

App wise, you get most the popular iOS apps and if you don't there is almost always a comparable, if not better app available on the Market/Play Store. Apps are generally cheaper to I believe.

The biggest advantage of all is custom ROMs. Android is an open source platform allowing developers, take some one like Hoppah who has made so many break throughs in the EM4 platform, to take vanilla untouched/unmoddified android and start building a variant of the OS allowing things like overclocking and underclocking. When I say underclocking, take for example what I do on my phone. I got root access and then used SetCPU to control the CPU so it can not use more then 300Mhz when the screen is off. This means when it is sitting in your pocket, doing nothing but the ocasionaly check for email, tweets, facebook posts, etc, the CPU can not scale up to full speed like it can on an iPhone enabling me better battery life.

You also have "launcher apps" which allow you to customize the way your phones home screen looks and feels. Say you like the look on Win 7 phones but prefer the open source nature of android. Not a problem. Want to customize your home icons any way possible? Not a problem on android. You can also theme the icons to all look the same. You can even change your lock screen with just an app or set a pin code or pattern lock for security.Want to change the color of the icons and text in the status bar(the 3G/4G icon, date/time, battery percent, etc) or change the icons all together.

Furthermore you do not need to be tied down to a pos software like iTunes. Want music on your phone? Plug in the data cable(micro usb cable so replacements are cheap and universal between all android phones and even other devices use micro usb), select USB connectivity and you have what acts like a big flash drive.

You said you were looking at an iPhone...why? Because it's "cool?" If you want a locked down device, then have fun. Otherwise go android.

Use IOS its better than andriod

Please. Don't say like that.

I respect your opinion, and it's okay to think Ios is better, and it is in some ways. But you'll have to tell us why you think like you do, otherwise your post have no point. All of us up there have said our opinion with a reason why we think so. :D

Haha okay

I like IOS but there is onze stupid thing auto correction.

I know you can disable it but that one thing where i am very angry on.

Andriod is for my an little bit confused.

Sometimes you cant found what your looking for

That is an excellent point! I do agree here, and this is indeed one downside with the android. Whereas apple is flawless on ui and such.

Quite frankly, I don't really buy anything apple, mainly because I feel it's not what it was intended to be originally. Steve Wozniak created apple (no, not jobs, Wozniak created it, Jobs just marketted it) to be a computer for all, and it's since become a computer for everyone, run by one man's ideals... Which kinda locks out the use. I believe strongly in generative technology, allowing the advancement of us with our tech, but by limiting changes to apple approved only, it doesn't allow the full potential...

VisiCalc, the first spreasheet (think excel) is what made Apple successful originally, and they had no idea it existed until after their sales soared, and they were told by someone else... Now nothing goes by without their watchful eye.