rafaelmfernandez

FDNY The Simulation Concept & Important News

Bad News. After the development of the Manhattan Modification I’ve decided to quit modding for Emergency 4 indefinitely. This forum has been my home for the past year and I visit it many times everyday. The people on here are great and yes there will be more versions of the Manhattan Modification and I will continue to work on that (Missions, New maps, and the World Trade Center Mod) I will still always be on the forums after the release just I wont be modding for anyone else or for anything else other than the Manhattan Mod. The Good News is that I have decided to expand away from modding Emergency to developing a stand alone game. I’ve been working on the concept for the past year and already have started enough to the point where I have something to show off. I am hoping to have Dyson and Sven join me in my expedition because we have made a great team over the past full year and I would be honored to continue working with them. I hope I can get support from you guys. I’m releasing the Official Concept here.

Official Concept

Name: FDNY The Simulation

Developers: Rafael Fernandez & Team (TBA)

Game Engine: Unity

Genre: 3

Game modes: Campaign and Freeplay

Platforms: Windows PC & Mac

FDNY The Simulation is a game in Development by Rafael Fernandez & Team (TBA). The Game features 2 Game modes, Campaign and Freeplay. Choosing campaign will start you as a Probie in the FDNY's Training Head Quarters. Once out of Training you will have the choice of choosing 1 of 3 Firehouses. 2 In Manhattan, and 1 In Brooklyn. Each of these firehouses have 1 Engine, 1 Ladder, and 1 Battalion. As a Probie you can be assigned to your firehouse and can be assigned to specific duties and chores. You will recieve numerous calls and fires between each rank. Between each call you can roam around the firehouse and complete your duties but once the tones come in your on your assigned apparatus and ready to go. At the scene you have the ability as a higher ranking officer to give commands to the fire fighters and probies but as the probie you will recieve commands and must obide by them or else things will start to go wrong. As you rank up in the campaign the game changes from a listen and do to a tell and happen game where its up to you what happen. As you rank up to lieutenant of a ladder and a captain of an engine you will still recieve orders from your chief but give orders to your subordinates. As the chief of the house, everything will be on you.

Freeplay mode is a little different. Once unlocked on campaign you can choose which firehouse, which apparatus and which rank you want to be. Events will come randomly as they do in campaign mode but will be endless.

As you first start you will have the option to customize your firefighter. By his name, his traits, and his helmet. At the firehouse you will be assigned different positions at each call. Some calls you will be assigned as chaueffer where you will need to drive your apparatus through the crowded streets of New York City while avoiding pedestrians and vehicles. Manually using your sirens and airhorns will help you clear the way. The game is still under development and previews will be available in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Rafael Fernandez

MANHATTAN MODIFICATION TEAM

Bad News. After the development of the Manhattan Modification I’ve decided to quit modding for Emergency 4 indefinitely. This forum has been my home for the past year and I visit it many times everyday. The people on here are great and yes there will be more versions of the Manhattan Modification and I will continue to work on that (Missions, New maps, and the World Trade Center Mod) I will still always be on the forums after the release just I wont be modding for anyone else or for anything else other than the Manhattan Mod. The Good News is that I have decided to expand away from modding Emergency to developing a stand alone game. I’ve been working on the concept for the past year and already have started enough to the point where I have something to show off. I am hoping to have Dyson and Sven join me in my expedition because we have made a great team over the past full year and I would be honored to continue working with them. I hope I can get support from you guys. I’m releasing the Official Concept here.

Official Concept

Name: FDNY The Simulation

Developers: Rafael Fernandez & Team (TBA)

Game Engine: Unity

Genre: 3

Game modes: Campaign and Freeplay

Platforms: Windows PC & Mac

FDNY The Simulation is a game in Development by Rafael Fernandez & Team (TBA). The Game features 2 Game modes, Campaign and Freeplay. Choosing campaign will start you as a Probie in the FDNY's Training Head Quarters. Once out of Training you will have the choice of choosing 1 of 3 Firehouses. 2 In Manhattan, and 1 In Brooklyn. Each of these firehouses have 1 Engine, 1 Ladder, and 1 Battalion. As a Probie you can be assigned to your firehouse and can be assigned to specific duties and chores. You will recieve numerous calls and fires between each rank. Between each call you can roam around the firehouse and complete your duties but once the tones come in your on your assigned apparatus and ready to go. At the scene you have the ability as a higher ranking officer to give commands to the fire fighters and probies but as the probie you will recieve commands and must obide by them or else things will start to go wrong. As you rank up in the campaign the game changes from a listen and do to a tell and happen game where its up to you what happen. As you rank up to lieutenant of a ladder and a captain of an engine you will still recieve orders from your chief but give orders to your subordinates. As the chief of the house, everything will be on you.

Freeplay mode is a little different. Once unlocked on campaign you can choose which firehouse, which apparatus and which rank you want to be. Events will come randomly as they do in campaign mode but will be endless.

As you first start you will have the option to customize your firefighter. By his name, his traits, and his helmet. At the firehouse you will be assigned different positions at each call. Some calls you will be assigned as chaueffer where you will need to drive your apparatus through the crowded streets of New York City while avoiding pedestrians and vehicles. Manually using your sirens and airhorns will help you clear the way. The game is still under development and previews will be available in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Rafael Fernandez

MANHATTAN MODIFICATION TEAM

I know this was a while ago, but I wonder Rafael, what is the chance that you start working on this? Ive been wanting a gmae like this to come on the market where you go through all this stuff from being the driver to being command of scene and stuff in first person... Please think about starting this again. People will LOVE you, not only people that have played 911 first responders but other people out there.... i would even pay for it as long as the price wasn't outrageous?

We opted to continue work on modding Em4 rather than starting work on this, it's still an active concept which we hope to return to, but for now we (speaking for Raf too) feel our efforts are better placed in modding than developing for the time being.

Hope this was clear and explanatory.

x

They decided to focus on EM4.

Well from the work that Rafael has started the basic free unity engine is more than enough to work with. The money cap is no issue we aren't working for the money. The copyright issue, I am from more of a music background, and that industry runs almost free copyright protection on a basic level, I'd be shocked to find out games, which are harder and more rarely copied, use a more expensive system.

So there's my answers. Back to development.

x

I think what he was referring to was more like copyright, or in this case trademark I believe, infringement in the sense that for such a project you might find that you need to obtain permission to use the FDNY logos and so forth in the game. Same for NYPD, and any other agency that would be in game.

I think what he was referring to was more like copyright, or in this case trademark I believe, infringement in the sense that for such a project you might find that you need to obtain permission to use the FDNY logos and so forth in the game. Same for NYPD, and any other agency that would be in game.

Well this project is for now suspended pending completion of mods and a re-evaluation of whether we want to do it. But yes using names logos etc is all copyrighted correct, it's something we would need to look into, however depending on how we went about releasing it depends on whether we could get away with it.

x