rafaelmfernandez

FDNY The Simulation Concept & Important News

Bad News. After the development of the Manhattan Modification I’ve decided to quit modding for Emergency 4 indefinitely. This forum has been my home for the past year and I visit it many times everyday. The people on here are great and yes there will be more versions of the Manhattan Modification and I will continue to work on that (Missions, New maps, and the World Trade Center Mod) I will still always be on the forums after the release just I wont be modding for anyone else or for anything else other than the Manhattan Mod. The Good News is that I have decided to expand away from modding Emergency to developing a stand alone game. I’ve been working on the concept for the past year and already have started enough to the point where I have something to show off. I am hoping to have Dyson and Sven join me in my expedition because we have made a great team over the past full year and I would be honored to continue working with them. I hope I can get support from you guys. I’m releasing the Official Concept here.

Official Concept

Name: FDNY The Simulation

Developers: Rafael Fernandez & Team (TBA)

Game Engine: Unity

Genre: 3

Game modes: Campaign and Freeplay

Platforms: Windows PC & Mac

FDNY The Simulation is a game in Development by Rafael Fernandez & Team (TBA). The Game features 2 Game modes, Campaign and Freeplay. Choosing campaign will start you as a Probie in the FDNY's Training Head Quarters. Once out of Training you will have the choice of choosing 1 of 3 Firehouses. 2 In Manhattan, and 1 In Brooklyn. Each of these firehouses have 1 Engine, 1 Ladder, and 1 Battalion. As a Probie you can be assigned to your firehouse and can be assigned to specific duties and chores. You will recieve numerous calls and fires between each rank. Between each call you can roam around the firehouse and complete your duties but once the tones come in your on your assigned apparatus and ready to go. At the scene you have the ability as a higher ranking officer to give commands to the fire fighters and probies but as the probie you will recieve commands and must obide by them or else things will start to go wrong. As you rank up in the campaign the game changes from a listen and do to a tell and happen game where its up to you what happen. As you rank up to lieutenant of a ladder and a captain of an engine you will still recieve orders from your chief but give orders to your subordinates. As the chief of the house, everything will be on you.

Freeplay mode is a little different. Once unlocked on campaign you can choose which firehouse, which apparatus and which rank you want to be. Events will come randomly as they do in campaign mode but will be endless.

As you first start you will have the option to customize your firefighter. By his name, his traits, and his helmet. At the firehouse you will be assigned different positions at each call. Some calls you will be assigned as chaueffer where you will need to drive your apparatus through the crowded streets of New York City while avoiding pedestrians and vehicles. Manually using your sirens and airhorns will help you clear the way. The game is still under development and previews will be available in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Rafael Fernandez

MANHATTAN MODIFICATION TEAM

A lot of these threads are started and I wonder about the possibility of it occuring; it seems everybody would like a Police/Fire/EMS GTAIV (me included). However, I have faith in your abilities since watching the devlopment of the Manhattan Mod and if you assemble a team as strong as your last one then I think you will certainly get somewhere. That said, building a game is very different from modding a game in the terms of getting it all to work.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure the forum would love to see the updates however few and far between they are. I would offer my help but I can bring nothing to the team so I give you my luck and support instead. I give it approximately 2 days before someone asks for a release date :laugh:

The OC-D

So you will start a full game from scratch? I would love to see this, but, do you have enought experience with animations, scripts and so for doing a full game, graphic engine and everything? You said that a 'problem' in Manhattan mod were the scripts, also look at B2bomber's mod they had experience on that kind things but they didn't keep on. I think maybe you should start in GTA IV or that type of open world game, that it's almost everything about engine and animations done, and then continue to something more difficult.

Sorry for being so negative, I would love to see this game, but there have been more similar projects that didn't succeded...

Anyway guys, you've an amazing ability, hope we can see this project someday soon.

So you will start a full game from scratch? I would love to see this, but, do you have enought experience with animations, scripts and so for doing a full game, graphic engine and everything? You said that a 'problem' in Manhattan mod were the scripts, also look at B2bomber's mod they had experience on that kind things but they didn't keep on. I think maybe you should start in GTA IV or that type of open world game, that it's almost everything about engine and animations done, and then continue to something more difficult.

Sorry for being so negative, I would love to see this game, but there have been more similar projects that didn't succeded...

Anyway guys, you've an amazing ability, hope we can see this project someday soon.

It's just the truth man. We've come across a new unity engine it's helped us a lot and will continue to help us scripting, modeling, and rendering wise. I'm not Gonna lie it's Gonna be a very hard task. Unit 42 that would help a lot if you don't mind pming me maybe you could join our team. Other than the scripting I'm pretty sure me and Dyson will be able to handle most of the things to come our way. Obviously we need to gather a team of Modelers scripters and textures to work together to create this and it will take time and dedication but we are committed to creating something that will change emergency gaming world. I am not coming here to give false hopes etc. but I am actually here to stay I'll try my best to complete this project however long it takes but me and Dyson are committed to doing it after the manhattan mod.

dude your pulling this stuff from me, I started this stuff a year ago! (I may of started talking in May but have been toying around with stuff since at least the fall of 2010)

http://forum.emergen...e/page__st__100

As for B2Bombers Stuff, I Have been A little Side tracked with a project that I have been doing for school.

Do I have the Experience Now. Yes, Yea I do. Have I been working on stuff when I can yes, yes I have.

What drove you to your decision to use the unity game engine? (what other engines did you look at?) or did you just copy the stuff to?

Your Platforms?

Even some of my team members your pulling...

- Cops

-Unit42

dude your pulling this stuff from me, I started this stuff a year ago! (I may of started talking in May but have been toying around with stuff since at least the fall of 2010)

http://forum.emergen...e/page__st__100

As for B2Bombers Stuff, I Have been A little Side tracked with a project that I have been doing... (Jacob McKim )

I built this game from scratch.

http://www.fox17onli....12#pl-62894906

http://www.mlive.com...01/post_54.html

Do I have the Experience Now. Yes, Yea I do. Have I been working on stuff when I can yes, yes I have.

What drove you to your decision to use the unity game engine? (what other engines did you look at?) or did you just copy the stuff to?

Your Platforms?

Even some of my team members your pulling...

- Cops

-Unit42

Dude excuse my language, What the fuck are you talking about? I didnt copy anything from you ok! Unity Engine I chose because it is alot simpler to use coding wise and for developement. Better than Cry Engine 3 and Blender 3d Engine etc. So stop complaining. I cant copy anything from you if its just a concept! I havent even shown anything and your already complaining! You just decide to come out of nowhere after ditching me and the Manhattan Mod Team and we trusted you as our faithful scripter and you disapeared and now your saying were copying your stuff? Just because Cops and Unit 42 commented on the thread doesnt mean im pulling them. You had several concepts and none of them were close to mine so stop complaining about me copying your stuff. Jesus Christ dude paranoid?

no I'm just frustrated. I apologize for not being around because I have had to devote myself to school. But everything I have stated and yes have been working on and not just a concept anymore (Haven't said anything because its kind of a surprise kind of deal) . its just like everything I have said is being repeated in that one statement above. And you put all this work into something to see that someone else just comes along and starts a clone of the same exact thing ( except slaps a big cities name on it). I have spent months of time working on 3d Modeling to coding this stuff. As well as years just trying to learn how to get to the point where I'm at now.

Thats not what Im doing man. Ive decided to move on from modding to game developing. Youve got saints row and youve got Grand Theft Auto. Youve got Flight Simulator and youve got Xplane. Youve got Call of Duty and Youve got BattleField. I could go on but im not copying you.

To be honest guys, if Call of Duty complained about Battlefield Copying them neither game would exist. Look at this:

_-Battlefield-2-Deluxe-Edition-PC-_.jpg

modern_warfare_2_cover.png

callofduty-mw3-box-art.jpg

1Battlefield-3-Cover.jpg

Looks the same doesn't it?

Think of it like this, it's double the chance of actually making this a reality. You could even combine both you skills to make one. Put skills to use, don't bitch about who thought of it. ;)

This means you won't be doing a Chicago or Small American City mod after the Manhattan mod is done, :(:P is Dyson planing on stay with modding and just find someone who might be able to take your place?

The game idea seems awesome, i would love to play it when you get done with it.

Have you put any thought into where the camera will be pov or 3rd person? Since you are creating the game from the ground up a pov camera would be cool since most games are 3rd person.

Will your game be able to be modded because a Chicago version would be sweet.

I will continue modding, but will be helping out 100% on this project.

As for 'copying an idea'. Not really bro, I always admired your concept and hoped you would follow it through. But Rafael had been working this concept over several months. Pages of handwritten concept. And come on 2 emergency service game concepts are going to be rather similar.

You can either just stand down and be cool with it. Or be a dick, and well, what you gonna do? Can't sue us over 'similar concepts'.

Good day

x

I will continue modding, but will be helping out 100% on this project.

As for 'copying an idea'. Not really bro, I always admired your concept and hoped you would follow it through. But Rafael had been working this concept over several months. Pages of handwritten concept. And come on 2 emergency service game concepts are going to be rather similar.

You can either just stand down and be cool with it. Or be a dick, and well, what you gonna do? Can't sue us over 'similar concepts'.

Good day

x

Ok listen I agree with what everyone is saying, as for multiple games of the same type yea, yea that true. But their concepts do vary a bit. I really don't have the time to argue this out. Especially like everyone said it will get us nowhere. So either we can work together Rafael or go our separate ways like I said in that PM.