JimmyKid

When you hear America(n), what do you think?

I think your about to open a can of worms,be prepared for some answers you may or may not want to hear.As far as I'm concerned,I grew up 30 minutes from the border and we always used to holiday in the states when I was growing up and I always met good,down to earth people...but I'm Canadian,so I get along with everybody.

Your title is kind of vague,do you mean what do we think about americans or the actual language which is not american but english ha ha.(or is this like the freedom fries thing,mad at england and rename the language)

the-world-according-to-america-2.png

Actually,

I think your about to open a can of worms,be prepared for some answers you may or may not want to hear.As far as I'm concerned,I grew up 30 minutes from the border and we always used to holiday in the states when I was growing up and I always met good,down to earth people...but I'm Canadian,so I get along with everybody.

Your title is kind of vague,do you mean what do we think about americans or the actual language which is not american but english ha ha.(or is this like the freedom fries thing,mad at england and rename the language)

Actually, that is not entirely true. American English is a dialect of English, and there are sub-dialects of American English. Oh, and that picture in your post is extremely offensive.

Actually, from so far going through 2 years in HS in the US, that picture is what my teachers want us to believe. At least a few in my classes are bright enough to notice this also. Also, American-English is a dialect of English, and its got its own, like a NY dialect, Philadelphia, LA, Texas, etc.

There is also this, but..... uh..

the-us-according-to-the-world.jpg

template.jpg

[[World According to America]]

Sounds about right lol. Except we all know there are no dragons in Antarctica, that's all penguins. lol

Actually, from so far going through 2 years in HS in the US, that picture is what my teachers want us to believe. At least a few in my classes are bright enough to notice this also. Also, American-English is a dialect of English, and its got its own, like a NY dialect, Philadelphia, LA, Texas, etc.

There is also this, but..... uh..

Also somewhat true, except for the uselessness over New Jersey, it's only the guidos and guido wannabes from new york that are useless, the actual New Jersey people are fine lol. The out of state drivers in New Jersey are also just as useless and annoying as the guidos lol. We have our own way of driving. Aggressively. Don't screw it up by driving in New jersey when you're not from here lol

Lol, come to Colorado we drive aggressive, I mean we did have a street racing scene 3x's larger then California. That's an actually statistic too. New jersey has one of the worst attuidtes also, unless your from Orange New Jersey

I heard of that. Rich kids had so much money that when they wrecked one car, they went and bought a new one of if it got impounded they would still buy a new one. I guess it takes some people to get nearly killed in order to stop street racing. Fast and furious was not real guys! l

Yeah people just wanna be cool. And that picture is so right! Nothing in Indiana except corn and stuffz! I mean, when do you ever hear of people vacationing to Indiana?! I live in Schererville, known for having the "Crossroads of America!" You know why? Cuz people just "cross-through" Indiana to get to Illinois!

(But I have to admit my town is still pretty nice...it's just the area that's bad. Gary, Chicago's a half hour away...)

(I don't care if this offends some people. Just don't click on it if you don't want to see it. Simple 'nuff?)

post-1059-0-59366900-1326237179_thumb.jp

Honestly, whenever I think of the US I think of all the Britfags, Eurofags, Trolls, and other idiots on YT who demonstrate they know nothing of the world and have nothing better to do than constantly harp on America for being fat (even though the UK isn't incredibly far behind in the fat scale) and think that everyone here is an unintelligent hick (which I might almost give them, though I could say the same about a LOT of Europe as well, having been there quite a bit and even being a European citizen).

I just wish more people would realize how much more the world would suck without the US and what we've done for technology (hell, you wouldn't be reading this without the US having invented the first ancestor of the internet), ideas, culture, etc. and would also know that we may be greedy, selfish, and arrogant (who isn't) but we are also the most giving country in the world. In fact, the only country that even comes close to the amount of foreign aid we give is Saudi Arabia and they aren't even close (something like $500 million vs. almost $3 billion).

Its a country. Ergo it contains people that are from both ends of every scale. It is a large country, therefore has a large scale. This means it get tarred with a large brush. I feel it is misrepresented in most aspects although stereotypes can be found in almost all areas. The US has a tradition of standing by the UK and I admire that, hell, its been useful more than once. All I hope is that it continues, rather than being bum buddies or at each others throats, I hope we remain brothers in arms.

The OC-D

I think that Ami******is right. The guys in other places, especially on firetruck vidsm say the worst things about fdny firefighters and firefighters in general and I feel the imminent need to curse them out lol. Also, in order for us to pay off ALL of our debt, every person (EVERY PERSON!!!!) would need to pay $200,000...each! So that babay that was just born, pay up! Old dude who may be dying, pay! We've given to I believe almost everynation ESPECIALLY China and the UK and other countries in Asia and we're left to dry not to mention bring a crippled Japan back to it's feet! But I digress, maybe we do have fat slobs of firefighters or people in general, but we also have.....the world's biggest peanut...period.

This is what I think when I hear America:

Big country, Big Cities, Big cars, Big shops, Big-footd, Big weapons, Big people, BIG Everything!

And I agree with the picture of Goog 1967!

Random American: muh, I going to Amsterdam, dunno what it is or where it is, Is it a country? strange people there, going to Mcdonalds over there...

Don't get offensive on me, America have great things too!

We can't life with America, but we also can't life without them!

Umm, I think they are going worse, from this (both great and beatiful cars)

1971-Plymouth-Road-Runner-2955.jpg

Ford-Crown-Victoria-11.jpg

to this...

dodge-dart-2013-lateral-salon-detroit-2012.jpg

2013-Ford-Escape-Photos-2.jpg

Please americans, Detroit, anyone there, reconsider it, America was a place with beautiful and powerful cars, and cars that imposed respect between the small shitty europan cars, what the f*ck is on your head for making those new sh*t of cars???

When I heard about America I thought in big and nice cars, but now I think in where has gone the car designed good taste...

Apart from that, is a nice place, I was there and I liked it a lot, I want to return as soon I can :)

(I don't care if this offends some people. Just don't click on it if you don't want to see it. Simple 'nuff?)

post-1059-0-59366900-1326237179_thumb.jp

Honestly, whenever I think of the US I think of all the Britfags, Eurofags, Trolls, and other idiots on YT who demonstrate they know nothing of the world and have nothing better to do than constantly harp on America for being fat (even though the UK isn't incredibly far behind in the fat scale) and think that everyone here is an unintelligent hick (which I might almost give them, though I could say the same about a LOT of Europe as well, having been there quite a bit and even being a European citizen).

I just wish more people would realize how much more the world would suck without the US and what we've done for technology (hell, you wouldn't be reading this without the US having invented the first ancestor of the internet), ideas, culture, etc. and would also know that we may be greedy, selfish, and arrogant (who isn't) but we are also the most giving country in the world. In fact, the only country that even comes close to the amount of foreign aid we give is Saudi Arabia and they aren't even close (something like $500 million vs. almost $3 billion).

Really hate to piss on your parade but you did ask for this.... I think you'll find the world wide web was invented by a British person and the majority of your countries inventions are 9 times out of 10 rip offs of other countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

Read the comment. I didn't say we specifically invented the internet as we now know it. I know that the World Wide Web was invented at CERN. What I said was the first ancestor of the internet. The first networks/data transfers happened decades before the World Wide Web was even thought of and it was in American universities and research facilities.

Might I also ask from which part of the deepest fathoms of your posterior did you pull that ridiculous 'statistic' out of? 9 out of 10 inventions are rip offs from other countries? Really now? Find support for that statement. I dare you. The fact is, and no one can deny it, without the technological innovation and driving force of America and other countries like even Nazi Germany (No, I'm not saying I support them. I'm saying they were decades ahead of any other country at the time), you would not be living life as you do now.

http://www.mainstreet.com/article/smart-spending/technology/how-world-would-be-different-without-apple-steve-jobs

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/07/a_world_without_america.html

http://www.noozhawk.com/local_news/article/051510_harris_sherline_a_world_without_america/

Those are all American right there. While I agree America has fallen off the top in recent years, name one other country that has influenced the world so much in such a small time span.

I for one plan to continue our technological drives by earning a BS in both Physics and Alternative Energy Chemistry as well as Masters and Ph. D's in Astrophysics and Astronomy (and possibly an alternative to one being Cosmology), not to mention having a strong structural engineering/architectural background to go along with those.

Well, I think of it this way. If a certain special forces team didn't kill a certain terrorist, what could happen? Who supplied 575,000 troops in the Gulf War?

Not trying to be self-centered, but without the US, what would the world be like?

Who met with aliens at Area 51? :loldev: