JeereSueldo

Emergency 4 black screen and crash to desktop

Hello everyone. Im'm new on the forums and I'm from Argentina. I recently installed Emergency 4 and when I try to start the game, after the presentation videos, a black screen appears and turns me back to desktop. I had the same problem with EM3 but when I eliminate all videos the game works fine. I tried this with EM4 but the problem still. I saw that there's a lot of people with the same problem, and I tried a lot of possible solutions: Reinstall drivers[ I don't know if I installed them by the correct way]; change screen resolution, start as Admin, runs in compatibility mode, without firewall... but nothing works!

My PC System is:

AMD Semprom 2400+ (1,7Ghz)

768 MB Ram

Windows XP 2002 Service Pack 3

GeForce 6200

Yes, I know that my PC is not the best, but I can play ProEvolutionSoccer 2010 without problems!

I don't think that it's a Grahpics trouble, because the Editor works fine! PLease, I hope you can help me! I waited a lot for this game! Greetings from Argentina.

PS.: About the Em4.cfg, when I try to attach it says that I'm not permitted to upload that kind of files, so I uploaded it as a *.txt file.

logfile.txt

Copia de em4.txt

DxDiag.txt

Try opening your em4.cfg file in Notepad, and find the following lines:

<var name="r_xres"
<var name="r_yres"

And change the numbers so they are a resolution like this:

<var name="r_xres" value="1024" />
<var name="r_yres" value="768" />

Then save the file and load EM4 again (don't change the resolution in game). Not sure if it'll fix your problem or not but worth a try.

I did it! I did it! Yes! Yes!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :cool: :cool: :xmas: :xmas: :holdglass:

I just unistall K-lite codec pack and it worked!!!!! yahoo!

Solution 3: uninstalling un-used codecs

Codecs are programs that are able to compress and decompress digital audio and video files. Sometimes codec packs can interfere with the acces to the game folders. The game can't open certain files and that causes it to crash. The solution would be to update or to delete the codec packs.

Codec packs that are known to cause a crash to desktop are: K-Lite codec pack, Samsung PC studio, Nokia PC software, Magixx, Sony pc guide, ffdshow, Halli Media Splitter.

If you encounter these lines of text in your logfile (alone or in combination with a driver error), you probably have a codec problem: ?BLFileSystem::Open("????",BLFM_READ): Could not open?UIPage: Could not load 'base:UI/Game/VehicleBrowser/VehicleBrowser.xml'

• Upvote 1

Hi friends! I have almost the same as your problem .. I uninstalled the codec Nokia PC Suite but nothing .. I'm puzzling ... At the beginning when I bought it, I installed it and immediately went after 2-3 months (without touched nothing) is no longer the party .. I already installed in the PC of a friend of mine but does the same thing! Help me please let !!

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm from Russia. I had this problem with "Emergency 4 Deluxe Edition": I run the game and nothing happens. No, that is happening, but it starts and a black screen appears, I waited 3-4 hours, but the menu picture or video at the beginning did not appear.
My computer:
Operating system Linux Fedora 30
8 Gb (6.8. GiB free)
AMD®  Ryzen 3 2200g with radeon vega graphics × 4
AMD® Raven
64-bit