Grim_Wizard

Tutorial - How to install a mod (Image heavy)

This is to clear up most confusion with people who don't know how yo use the mod installer, so I've created a tutorial to help clear things up, if this could be pinned I would love said mod forever.

Anyways...

First find your mod that you want to download, for this tutorial I have chosen my Judgment Day Beta mod. Other mods for emergency 3 can be found here on the site's Download centre

After finding your mod, click on its link in the download centre, a new page will open with more specific details about the mod in question and the option to download it. Click the download button that is boxed in red only.

99905864.jpg

You will then be taken to the site's agreement for download.

These are the terms of agreement that you must accept to download any file from the download centre.

Use downloaded files from this site at your own risk. Emergency-Planet.com and affiliated sites or domains cannot be held responsible for any damage to hardware or software resulting from misusing the files or by downloading the files in this download centre.

We guarantee doing our very best to check each single uploaded file but being found virus, adware and malware free by our software does not give a guarantee of 100%.

This site or its developers are not responsible for any damage caused by these files.

After you've read this go ahead and accept the terms.

75609218i.jpg

Now that you have accepted the terms your download will begin. On Firefox your browser will display a confirmation asking if you wish to download the file, select save file and then hit okay.

13227932.jpg

Your download will start. Upon the download ending select the file in your download que, and right click selecting the "Open containing folder

71767873.jpg

You will be taken to the location of your download. When you find your download you will need to extract the file, To do so right click the zipped mod folder and select the "Extract all files" option. Windows will then ask you where you wish to extract the files to.Extract them to a location of your choice.

79324411.jpg

35690076.jpg

Now you need to open your mod installer! This is going to be (By default) in your start menu under Strategy First > Emergency 3 (If you have the united states version.) Once there find the mod installer icon and click on it.

39732442.jpg

When you start up the mod installer a small window will appear, since we are installing a mod we will select "Install package"

71919764.jpg

Now navigate to where you extracted your mod file, this will differ with user to user. When you do find your mod click it once and hit Open at the bottom of the browse window.

82246026.jpg

Your mod will now begin to install, this may take a long time. If more than 30 minutes passes your computer is likely frozen.

83556448.jpg

Once the modinstaller has finished installing your mod it will display the following screen:

71192996.jpg

That's it! You're finished, now exit the modinstaller, open the game, and launch your modification from the "Modifications" button on the main menu.

Hello, after 2.5 years i found my cd with em3. But i have a little problem... I have the mod installer, the game, and Los Angeles Mod v2.5 by hoppah. When i start the game i can find the mod.. When i loaded it, and started the campaign, i cannot use any vehicles... What happened? It was years ago when i used it.... I need some help..(Soz for my english, i am from Greece). Any help will be appreciated!

Some logs :