marko123

Sexy Firetrucks around the WORLD :D

Personally, I don't like the trailer trucks. They're too big in my opinion, I prefer your standard sized american style truck, any bigger and it's too big. I find the smaller the unit, the more functional it is, and for the sake of wasting all that gas to haul something you don't really need ALL of it, I mean, is it really worth it?

However, I sadly have no pictures of what I consider a sexy fire truck, though that white-ish one, I like that one

All over the Eastern shore we have huge stretches without any piped water. The semi's serve quite literally as the first engines hydrant on scene, then secondary engines and tankers ( mostly normal sized ones) establish a shuttle point at an available water source. When the full system is in effect we can successfully run 1,100 gpm with a 4 mile distance between the fire and a water source. Personally I thought the concept was pretty weird till I moved out here too.

Ironically that White Brush Rescue is one of the few fancier units they have here despite a lot of woodland, marshland, and fields. I believe it's because of the state forestry fire department and the Wildlife refuge, which owns the truck at the bottom among other trucks.

The semi hazmat seems like sort of a waste too, but it's the only major hazmat unit for 3 counties. There are also a number of special support trailers that carry floating booms for waterways spills.

I dunno, I come from a place where when they can't get water, they either let it burn out, or go find water. And we have something like 30 light vehicles, so about 2 for each real unit, so we don't need huge trucks, then again, our hazmat doubles as a command truck, and is a little larger than a medium duty rescue, yet is the only hazmat for as far as civilization goes (unless someone got one and didn't inform us)

Personally, I don't like the trailer trucks. They're too big in my opinion, I prefer your standard sized american style truck, any bigger and it's too big. I find the smaller the unit, the more functional it is, and for the sake of wasting all that gas to haul something you don't really need ALL of it, I mean, is it really worth it?

However, I sadly have no pictures of what I consider a sexy fire truck, though that white-ish one, I like that one

They don't have to be sexy :P

Is that a police riot truck?

No, its a very old Bedford Self Propelled Pump that is painted Olive Green as they were issued to Military Fire Brigades, hence the name Green Goddess. They saw service as late as 2003 when the Firefighters went on strike.

The OC-D

Our Scania Appliances here in Scotland, Only ones in the UK to have fully white!

post-6473-0-94112600-1328129234_thumb.jp

That must be further up north because I've never seen them before apart from on the news but that was in Ireland

Our new 2012 appliances for our second Busiest Fire Station with 2400 calls(Non Medical), Our busiest 3000(Non Medical) will be getting two this year also.

post-6473-0-05796400-1328129302_thumb.jp