Sgt Alex4028

LA Large Scale Riot Mission

Hi guys! :) I was wondering if it would be possible for there to be a mission of which you're required to control a severely heated riot. I know there are some disturbances in freeplay, but they are normally very minor and don't escalate beyond arson and the odd assault on police. My view is that we need something a bit more realistic. In the LA mod you have the ability to use, Ballistic Shields and Barricades. My strategy and tactics would be to contain the offenders in with the Barricades and send in groups of SWAT officers. Some with ballistic shields, who will take the front and some heavily armed with MP5s in the event that it is required. The remaining officers in that group will arrest subjects, and take them to a waiting van. Whats your views on this? :cool:

My views on this are you don't need two topics, you need a smaller font and a less offensive colour. If you really want a big disturbance, let the small ones in Freeplay grow, they take in any civilians walking past until you have a MASSIVE crowd. Then you'll be ale to use all the stuff you want to.

The OC-D

While I agree that you really shouldn't have double-posted or used such brash colours, I for one am quite interested in the idea - I've mocked up something similar a while ago, and it worked really well. Alex, please PM me with a list of your ideas and I'll see what I can do :)

That's a good Idea. 'the OCD' and 'acather96' I think there is nothing wrong with the text!!!

On a mobile screen the bright blue really makes me have to strain my eyes, personally. And on a different note, how odd - all three of us who have replied are all in St. John!

On a mobile screen the bright blue really makes me have to strain my eyes, personally. And on a different note, how odd - all three of us who have replied are all in St. John!

I suppose the text is bright. That is strange that everyone (including Sgt alex4028) are in St.John. lol

On a regular basis, if someone had criticized(constructively) my text, I would of eaten them and made sure they suffered..but due to the fact we are in the St John Ambulance family, I feel this will be highly inappropriate and somehow my mind has taken on board your criticism. I am very stubborn you see,but In future I will stick to regular text.. Looks nice ;) In regards to the topic somehow doubling on the forum page, I really don't know why that happened.. Will investigate into this. Sometimes, allowing the disturbance to escalate really does take a long time, and nine times out of ten by then you have other things to strategically manage...lowering your vehicle count. Its just an idea I would like to see applied, and I'm 101% sure that there are other players as well who have thought about this idea.. But like I say, its open for discussion :)

Play nice children... Or I'll discipline, and I have actual power to do stuff here...

As for the mission idea, riots would be simple, you can do one with very little scripting required. Using a tool such as the mission script creator (search it on this site) you'd be able to create a simple mission to arrest all suspects, limit damage, and the like. You could then set it up to have numerous people outside of an area, all villains, that need to be handled by police. If you know more about scripts, then you could set it up so that you would haev ways of dispersing the crowds without having to arrest everyone, have arsonists, triggers, and the like, as well as (I think this part would be more interesting than multiple arrests) have to rescue a person they are targeting for their riot. Missions let you do anything you want, but to be able to do it well, you need scripting knowledge

Don't see why regular members feel they can discipline others, not your place to say I think..

In regards to the idea, I love it! Is it a submod/new mission idea or just a topic for discussion?

It was originally a Mission Idea, but I thought that it would probably work better in a freeplay. That way, you have to also strategically manage other incidents going on else where. By all means a topic of discussion too, I'm open to suggestions etc :)

Play nice children... Or I'll discipline, and I have actual power to do stuff here...

As for the mission idea, riots would be simple, you can do one with very little scripting required. Using a tool such as the mission script creator (search it on this site) you'd be able to create a simple mission to arrest all suspects, limit damage, and the like. You could then set it up to have numerous people outside of an area, all villains, that need to be handled by police. If you know more about scripts, then you could set it up so that you would haev ways of dispersing the crowds without having to arrest everyone, have arsonists, triggers, and the like, as well as (I think this part would be more interesting than multiple arrests) have to rescue a person they are targeting for their riot. Missions let you do anything you want, but to be able to do it well, you need scripting knowledge

Ohh right, I never knew that.. I will have a look at the tool and see what I can do. I'm normally quite quick grasping stuff with computers, but whether or not this will go A-okay is a completely different story. I have done a few websites before, but games and websites... not exactly the same path :P I'll have a look :D Thank you! :D