Guest CrazyLion425

Direct2Drive US Download version of Emergency 3

Guest CrazyLion425

For all of the people who have downloaded the game and tried to use the mod installer but constantly get the error message saying the game isnt installed right I have the posible fix for you. Finally tech suport wrote me back with a fix. it worked for me and now I can run the Mod Installer. Here is the email exactly how they sent it to me:

The Emergency 3 Mod Installer may require a registry entry tweak in order to

function correctly.

NOTE: Modifying or deleting the wrong registry key may cause serious damage

to your Windows installation. If you are uncomfortable, have someone who is

more computer savvy do it for you.

We will be creating the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\sixteen

tons entertainment\Emergency 3 US.

Within it we will have the Value name 'Installdir' with the value data

'[installation directory]'.

Please follow these instructions exactly:

1) Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

2) Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

3) Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5) Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6) Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: Emergency 3 US

7) Right-click on 'Emergency 3 US' and select New > String value.

Enter the new key name: Installdir

8) Right-click on the 'Installdir' string value and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, enter the full path of your installation

directory.

By default, this value is C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Emergency 3

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking

on Exit.

The Emergency 3 Mod Installer should now function correctly.

Like I said it fixed my problems and I can finally use the mod installer. I hope the helps everyone else with this problem! Oh and 911: Fighters for Life isn't comming out in the US until 4/17/07 if that early.

UPDATE 4/6/07: I fixed the instructions. #8 is now correct. Also 911: First responders is now due out Sometime in May... Amazon says: 5/30/07 in the US. Another Site says 5/17/07. So really no one still knows.

Guest Limited.English

Actually......Step 8 is wrong

8) Right-click on 'Emergency 3 US' and select Modify.

directory.

You need to right click on the string value "Installdir" that you made in the Emergency 3 US Key and then proceed with step 8. Otherwise you will get a mod file corrupt message no matter what you do. I've notified Strategy First and they have informed they are going to chnage the e-mail sent out for this problem.

It should look like this...

8) Right-click on 'Installdir" and select Modify.

directory.

Guest pavster

Ok, even with step 8 fixed this isn't working for me. I downloaded emergency 3 from the internet (full version- pay) but even after I followed your eight steps the mod installer STILL isn't working :mad22: .....is there any REAL fix to this problem??

Guest pavster
What doesnt EXACTLY work?

OK, i go to the emergency 3 folder and click on mod installer...but all that comes up is a message saying "Emergency 3 is not installed properly, please re-intall"...so the thing that EXACTLY doesn't work is the whole frickin mod installer.

did you install any patches? This veron doesnt need those as its already patched.

I recommend you uninstall and reinstall and do the steps above again. But before doing the steps above after install, check if it says that it isnt correctly installed or not

Guest robraynor

Okay I did all that but it was already there the files that is...But I still get the Mod Installer error (Corrupt) anyway I dunno what to do Mod for 911 First responders worked no problem

Okay I did all that but it was already there the files that is...But I still get the Mod Installer error (Corrupt) anyway I dunno what to do Mod for 911 First responders worked no problem

Do you have 911 and E3 on the same computer?

I did everything he said at the top and it still is messing up saying reinstall. I downloaded it from a torrent file. So can anyone help me?

In other words you have an illegal copy. Sorry we do not help thief here.

Guest Tank2215

Hello Gentlemen,

I have downloaded (Legally) the US version of E3, and I'm running windows Vista. Now the game works fine, but when I use the above steps to get the mod to work it is still giving the error. Also, I have it on my home computer which is XP and it worked with the above steps. Now, i'm wondering how do I get this MOD working with Vista.....Thanks

Vista 64 bit installs games like EM3 to Program Files (x86) so you need to find the location accordingly. If that is your OS version, that is.

Guest Tank2215

It is Vista 64 and i actaully installed it to the regular program files and I tried and reinstalled the game and still no go. Same error. Now like I said it worked on my home pc and on the laptop it isn't....The game it self works just not the mod. I was hoping to get some info, Ive emailed tech support and of course nothing yet, so Im looking here.Thanks

Get it out of program files, it does not belong there as it does not support the 64 bit features, (x86) is for 32 bit apps, put it in there and ensure that when you edit the registry you are editing the correct values, not the ones that are probrably still there from your previous attempt... The registry is usually kept when you manually tamper with it. Uninstall the game completely and reinstall in the default location should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Strategy First\Emergency 3\".

Some things depending on how you installed it will be found in one of two locations under vista:

Current User in the registry (software) if you've just installed for yourself only.

Local Machine for things that are for all users (software again). Ensure you are looking under Current User since that is probrably where it is being put at, not under local machine.

Guest Tank2215

Hey bud, heres the funny thing....I re-install and it works the (Game) the modinstaller of course doesn't, so I do what you said and for some reason Im not seeing it on either the one of the softwares..lol...I do remember on the home pc I saw atrategy first but Im not finding it......thanks.

I will install the game on this computer since this has 64 Vista and tell you how to fix it specifically for this version of the operating system, I was trying to avoid having to install the game since I rarely play it ever anymore=)

EDIT:

For the lazy or not so computer literate I have created the registry fixes for Vista 32-bit and 64-bit.

Download Center Direct-Link

so I got the same problem with it I bought the CD rom for Emergency 3, tried to installed but it keep saying the game is not install properly I follow all the directive and still the same problem did anyone found out what is the problem with patch 1.3V I check the link and it says it's broken