Matticus88

Remove freeplay missions?

I really hate dealing with fires, they always go way out of control and i just can't deal with them.

How can i remove the fire missions from freeplay? I mean like the fire cuased by electrical fault and dropped cigarette etc. smaller fires like car fires i can do but not the big ones.

Also, is there a way to change how many emergencys there is at the same time? dealing with 2 things at once is too difficult for me.

Fighting a large out of control fire and dealing with a out of control illegal protest is rage-quit time. I had 10 dead and over 20 injured from 1 protest, becuase i had to keep leaving it to try and control a big fire.

Jup, there is a way to do that.

You should edit your freeplayparameters

here are a few links, try to search for the answer before you post a new question:

http://forum.emergen...__1#entry189776

If you have questions or don't know what to do, feel free to ask. I've played around with these quite much.

Thanks for them links!

I do have 1 question however;

<EFPEventFlashStrike>
<Enabled value = "1" />
<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes (gets multiplied by timezone parameter "flash/frequenceyfactor") -->
<AverageFrequency value = "100.0" />
<!-- DamageRadius: in meter -->
<DamageRadius value = "25.0" />
<Worth value = "10.0" />
<SearchDamageRounds value = "100" />
<SupervisorStart value = "ID_SUPERV_EVENT36" />
<SupervisorFinish value = "" />

That is as it was in the file, Is setting the averagefrequency value to 100.0 like setting it to none at all? If so, if i set the other fire based missions to this;

<EFPRandomFire>
<Enabled value = "1" />
<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes -->
<Worth value = "10.0" />
<SupervisorStart value = "ID_SUPERV_EVENT33" />
<SupervisorFinish value = "" />

Will it basically be no randomfires at all? (i'll change the cigarettefire and others too)

Larger value=more often

If you want to completely disable that event, I'd change the

<Enabled value = "1" />

to:

<Enabled value = "0" />

This will disable that specific event.

Although, I myself don't want to completely disable my events, i just want them to occur more seldom. So I put the

very low, let's say you put the event "random fires" avaragefrequency value to 1.7. The event will happen, but quite seldom.

The avaragefrequency value tells you how often the event will happen on an average every 10 minutes. Although this isn't completely true, you don't have a fire every 6 seconds do you? So, the numbers show how often that event will occur compared to all the other events.

Larger value=more often.

If you want to change the time between events, look for the "min idle time" and the "max idle time" somewhere at the top of the freeplayparams.

Jup, there is a way to do that.

You should edit your freeplayparameters

here are a few links, try to search for the answer before you post a new question:

http://forum.emergen...__1#entry189776

http://forum.emergen...__1#entry146858

If you have questions or don't know what to do, feel free to ask. I've played around with these quite much.

how do you get to that screen?

how do you get to that screen?

Hello!

Well, I'm not completely sure what you mean by "that screen", but if you mean where to find the file that you should edit here's where:

Basically it's your gamefolder and then in the Specs subfolder you can find the file called fp_freeplay_endless.xml Right-click this file and choose "open with". Pick a texteditor, let's say notepad, and there you are!

The file is by default in C:Program Files/sixteen tons entertainment/Emergency 4/Specs/fp_freeplay_endless.xml

Hello!

Well, I'm not completely sure what you mean by "that screen", but if you mean where to find the file that you should edit here's where:

Basically it's your gamefolder and then in the Specs subfolder you can find the file called fp_freeplay_endless.xml Right-click this file and choose "open with". Pick a texteditor, let's say notepad, and there you are!

The file is by default in C:Program Files/sixteen tons entertainment/Emergency 4/Specs/fp_freeplay_endless.xml

thanks, but i cant find the Specs file

thanks, but i cant find the Specs file

It's a folder, not a file. The specs folder. Inside of this folder there should be a file called fp_freeplay_endless.xml

Ah yeah. If you have 911 FR it's installed on another place. Although, i don't know where that is. But I'd guess it's something like C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Specs\fp_freeplay_endless.xml

I hope I helped!

It's a folder, not a file. The specs folder. Inside of this folder there should be a file called fp_freeplay_endless.xml

Ah yeah. If you have 911 FR it's installed on another place. Although, i don't know where that is. But I'd guess it's something like C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Specs\fp_freeplay_endless.xml

I hope I helped!

hmmm. thanks! ill have to do some digging and try to find it! :)

I hope I helped!

OMG! you did help soo much!(: thanks sooo much :1046276057_GroupHug:

i found it but it wont let me change anything

Okay, so the file is probably write-protected. You will have to right click it (the fp_freeplay_endless.xml file), choose properties and then uncheck the box that says "read only".

Okay, so the file is probably write-protected. You will have to right click it (the fp_freeplay_endless.xml file), choose properties and then uncheck the box that says "read only".

ok. thanks! :laugh: but it wont change in the freeplay. I took at "Bomber" but it still has bombs...?

Is there any way to only get 1 mission at a time in freeplay?

(Note posting this for any curious users other than making a whole new thread)

You can edit the "MinDurationBetweenEvents" in fp_params_endless to a more desireable number so you dont get overwhelmed with calls, but making it one at a time would defeat the realism as inreal life, there can be any number of 911 calls at a time.