rettungstier

Palm View County Modification (on hold)

If i could make a suggestion for unit placement....

Station 1: Engine

Ladder

USAR

Ambulance

Batt Chief (This would be outside in the lot)

Station 2: Engine

Light Equipment Vehicle

Ambulance

(also if this is the shared police station, you should make this smaller station home to the City Police, while the county Sheriff would be at the bigger seperate station)

Station 3: Engine

Rescue Ambulance (if equipped with a paramedic and jaws of life, this can cover ambulance and rescue calls)

This setup should allow you maximum coverage over the entire map and be able to cover any sort of call within an assigned area with the units in that station. Its also a fairly realistic setup... heavy rescues and ladders are usually going to be out of station 1. I wouldnt place a HAZMAT truck, Foam tender or boat carrier in a station. These units are rarely used, it would waste a slot that could be used for an engine or rescue which youll use alot more often. Most towns do not have their own HAZMAT units, when they require a HAZMAT response, a HAZMAT unit from the county is called in... so it would be more realistic to call in a Hazmat truck from off map anyways. I wouldnt even include some units... like brush trucks and Airport rescue units. Their either not needed or just redundant... what does a brush truck do that an engine cant...usually only rural departments run these anyways.

In my town, which is a medium sized suburb, station one has a full set of 2 engines, a ladder, a rescue, an ambulance and a squad. Every other station in town has only an engine (which is usually equipped with jaws of life and other rescue gear to cover MVA's) and an ambulance, as these are the most commonly needed units and can cover MOST types of calls. Foam trucks and hazmat units are provided by the County Fire beareau, and Each quadrant of the county has a volunteer medic service that responds with Tahoe's until an ambulance can arrive.

Keep the vehicles empty at the start of the game, and allow any Firefighter/EMT/PM to get in any vehicle. let the player decide how to staff each unit.

I like it, only thing is I'd say swap the lev and the usar

Setup can really be whatever you wish for rettungstier.

While there are no set standards for what any typical US department has. Some agencies have all the equipment they need,some have too much, and some don't have enough. The company I currently am working with is a great example. We're a volunteer fire and paid county EMS service in a primarily rural county. We're in the county seat, but it's not a huge place. We run 4 engines, 1 brush truck, 1 tower, 1 rescue, 1 boat, 3 ambulances, 1 hazmat semi truck out of the station.Outside the station we have a dive rescue truck, a command post, 3 hazmat trailers, an als supervisor unit, and 3 officer vehicles.

That's a freakishly large amount of equipment for a single station, but it's just an example of how varied stations can be. Our county has another 14ish ( I think there's one or two out on islands I'm forgetting), a state forestry fire department, and a federal fire department at the wildlife refuge.

Out of those stations,not a single one has the same set up as another.

i think after all we'll meat up somewhere in the middle of all those suggestions.

like i said before, the current issue is a place for the aerial ladder. since the stations are scaled pretty good for every other vehicle , the basket on the ladder makes the whole vehicle just too high for any gate :/

anyway, i'll figure somet out but currently it looks like station one is will have one gate with a little higher opening.

greetz

(null)

Wait... You're saying the bucket prevents the truck from being placed? Why don't you just move the truck to one of the side bays and make that garage bigger? Like this:

http://www.roseville.ca.us/fire/department_info/fire_facilities/station_1.asp

It might be hard to see, but the Truck 1's bay is taller than the others ;)

just wanted to say man, this is great! i read everything before i posted a comment. still if you are having problems with the basket why not possibly have a Tiller or just make a single bay higher, tats just my idea though, this is your great mod and you do what you want to. Keep up the amazing work man!

hey you guys!

first up, thank you for all those comments abd your support!

it's been kinda quiet here for the last weeks.

tomorrow, or maybe monday, you're gonna get some updates!

i just decided to make things a bit easier so i could save me a lot of script work - what on the other hand means i don't need a scripter anymore ^^

it also means i have to get all the vehicles i've done so far back into the game cause it's like starting up new.

alright, updates coming soon... stay tuned!

greetz

rettungstier

(null)

I kinda like the silence. Its a good change of pace considering the Manhatten mod has quite a bit of pointless spam. :cool:

Looking forward to the updates!

Seems like all topics related to NY are spammed :P

Can't wait, rett! I'm so excited for this mod.

haha, i already made one but it was deleted cause i had two in my signature (against forum rules - my mistake ^^ )

i might load load it up tomorrow!

if someone wants to make one you can contact me via pm and i'll send you screenshots or pics you need.

!!! important notice !!!

on those updates i talked about...

i had a ctd when loadibg up the mod and still don't know why. if i can fix that i can show you some stuff again!

either eay, remember it's christmas. more family, dinner, celebration stuff than usual which means less time for modding of course ;)

greetz

rett

(null)

alright, here's some news!

i'm working on the map again; adding virtual objects, paths, etc. and try to make it playable (again).

still don't know why i got that ctd :/

hope i'll be able to fix that soon.

got a little request too!

i can't seem to find a working download link for the additional units submod anymore.

i kinda liked the idea of a heavy rescue ambulance equipped with jaws etc.

if anyone still has this submod or at least the heavy ambu i'd be happy if you could contact me via PM.

on the banner, if you're interested in making one -> PM me! don't post here please.

greetz

rettungstier

(null)