rettungstier

Palm View County Modification (on hold)

Do you think you could add a script where fire fighters could direct traffic, because its not always easy to diverge two police units to a huge accident with other things going on, so you could use a couple ff's already there to stop traffic? Also what did you use to model your fire station? zmodelor, google sketcup?

True, You have a point there. But couldn't you make some units off map accessible...

That would be an alternative. I'm thinking of building new fire stations anyway. What number of vehicles would you recommend?

Do you think you could add a script where fire fighters could direct traffic, because its not always easy to diverge two police units to a huge accident with other things going on, so you could use a couple ff's already there to stop traffic? Also what did you use to model your fire station? zmodelor, google sketcup?

Yes, fire fighters will be able to redirect traffic - lucky that's not much scripting.

I built everything with google sketchup but I'm starting to learn building with zmodeler ;)

greetz

rettunstier

Alright, I have to admit this ...

RETTUNGSTIER NEEDS A SCRIPTER!!

If anyone out there can script, or at least can help me how to adjust existing scripts and/or is interested to join my Palm View County Modification team (which is just me right now) please contact me via pm!

The mod has reached a point where scripting is becoming an issue for further progress.

Please don't tell me I should try myself, since I learned everything else in terms of modding myself I'm too bored of learning scripting too now.

It's just too complex and I wouldn't be able to do anything else on the mod if I had to learn that.

So again, if interested to help your modding friend rettungstier - contact me!

greetz

rettungstier

Station 1 could be an engine a ladder truck a USAR unit and a battalion chief

Station 2 could have an engine and a ambulance ( You should put a fire station like this in a recreational area, or next to the beach)

Station 3 could have an engine a water rescue unit and a hazmat

But i'll leave it up to you :smoke:

Are you going to have lifeguards in this mod?

no no, i decided tol build new fire stations anyway. the map texture will get a little rework so that i get more residential areas which also provides more room for an additional fire station.

i just have to rethink where and how i create more living space ^^

and i will have beach patrol / lifeguard units, but they will be station at the lifeguard towers on the beach.

greetz

Depending on how many stations you are going to have, heres some suggestions: (based on a few from my city)

2 stations:

stations 1: Engine, 2 ambulances, heavy rescue, battalion chief (bat chief here is usually at the biggest station, and the big station has the heavy rescue) sometimes 2 ambulances depending on who's on duty that day, now that I think about it, it might be our cities mcu ambulance, its the exact same as the regular ambulance, but it usually has the trailer and stuff. this ambulance is right behind the ambulance bay (ambulance backs into bay because the 2nd is behind the bay)

Stations 2: Ladder, engine, possibly specialty unit in the back parking lot.

3 stations:

Station 1: Engine, ambulance, heavy rescue, battalion chief (same structure as the other except only 1 ambulance, unless you really wanted 2)

Station 2: Ladder, engine, still possibility of specialty unit in a 3rd bay

Station 3: Engine, ambulance (2 bay fire station)

ok... a couple things? how do you get your google sketchup models into editor, cause i need to do that, 2, after you get done with this mod, is it possible for you to help me with a couple things in my mod, im working on modeling now... ive got 2 fs done and a police station. 3, in my mod i have 3 stations, station 1 is downtown and has 8 bays, (ambulance, batt, 2 eng., ladder, rescue, foam(maybe brush unit instead), and a tanker) station 2 is in residential has 6 bays(ambulance, batt, smaller rescue truck, 1 engine, 1 tanker, and a tiller), then my 3rd station is a mutual aid station it has 4 bays and it is in the middle of nowhere(a lot of forest) (engine, tanker{needed badly}, usfs engine, and either a brush truck, small rescue, or another usfs) in my mod you will need a lot of firetrucks because it is volunteer and by the time you get people there(especially in a fast spreading forest fire) you will need a lot of firepower. there will be like a forest and rural area, that will need tankers

Depending on how many stations you are going to have, heres some suggestions: (based on a few from my city)

2 stations:

( ... )

3 stations:

Station 1: Engine, ambulance, heavy rescue, battalion chief (same structure as the other except only 1 ambulance, unless you really wanted 2)

Station 2: Ladder, engine, still possibility of specialty unit in a 3rd bay

Station 3: Engine, ambulance (2 bay fire station)

I would prefer the second version! Think I'm do it that way ;)

ok... a couple things? how do you get your google sketchup models into editor, cause i need to do that, 2, after you get done with this mod, is it possible for you to help me with a couple things in my mod, im working on modeling now... ive got 2 fs done and a police station. ( ... )

If you got 'em ready in Sketchup, save them as SKP 6 files (necessary cause newer versions f*** the filez up for zmodeler) and send them to my e-mail address. I can turn them into v3o's if you want. I guess you'll have to resize them anyway cause I don't know the dimensions you need 'em in.

I usually create my buildings in Sketchup, export them to 3ds and import them in zmodeler. There are several other ways using different 3d modeling programs as steps in between, but they also work fine as far as I know.

greetz

rettungstier

I would prefer the second version! Think I'm do it that way ;)

Cool, just a head up for station one, put the batt chief in the back lot, most batt chief cars aren't in a bay

Also on the stations with 3 bays with an amulance, this is what stations one (my cities version of station one) looks like

http://www.es2eng.co...irestation.html

For some reason the put the ambulance in its own separate bay on the left away from the other two,

hey cheezy95 the reason the ambulance aka rescue-47 is in it's own bay is the rescue runs more calls than the engine co the medics on the rescue sleep in a room off of that bay so when a call comes in for a medcal aid and just the ambulance is going the dispatcher will just send it to the medics room not to the rest of the crew who is sleeping

hey cheezy95 the reason the ambulance aka rescue-47 is in it's own bay is the rescue runs more calls than the engine co the medics on the rescue sleep in a room off of that bay so when a call comes in for a medcal aid and just the ambulance is going the dispatcher will just send it to the medics room not to the rest of the crew who is sleeping

I figured it was something along those lines

Alright you guys!

I'm doing three new fire stations, one of them combined with a police station.

The one I'm working on right now is this one (which will be the biggest one and fire station only):

2741stirlingroadhollywo.th.jpg

-> It will have 4 bays

The one thats gonna follow will be the combined station (fire rescue and police as in real world for that station):

1511sfederalhighwayholl.th.jpg

-> It will have 2 bays for fd, police unknown yet

The third one should be in the architectural style of the other two with 2 or 3 bays, haven't found a good example yet - ENG343INE, it's up to you I think! And thanks again for those pics ;)

Screenshots will follow!

greetz

rettungstier

You wanted new fire stations, here you got the first one (my last post, first station, build after google streetview pics and the one up there).

While building this thing within the last 20 hours I felt like I'm building a palace :D

em42011111222291570.th.png

em42011111222301870.th.png

em42011111222303117.th.png

em42011111222305189tp.th.png

em42011111222311692.th.png

I'll have to rework the map texture cause I wanna place it where old fire station one was. At least the space seems to be enough ;)

Comments welcome, more Stations to come!

greetz

rettungstier

edit:

I might swap the aerial ladder with rescue 1 truck. not sure yet, would just be minor changes with that gate...