emergency4freak

Emergency Unit Pictures

:lach: Wow Mike!You really have some skills when it comes to cameras

Thank you! I was never very good at art such as drawing, painting, and such. Coming from a very technical background with my college studies in Computer Science, BioChem, and Geographical Information Services, photography really appealed to me due to the fact that it is 50% science of light and 50% artistic creativity. I just let the events happen for themselves, and nature takes care of the creation and beauty. My goal is to just find the best way to capture it and find a way to make what I see really stand out and pop.

No, i mean, the pics from above the helicopter, that you see the top of it

Ah now I understand your question better. If you look at my website, you'll see that whenever possible, I'm pretty well known for my "pics from above" angle. I tend to avoid going to the same places other people do, and maybe it's my former military background, but I find taking the high ground is always advantageous! I'll climb hills, onto roofs, and shimmy up a tree whenever possible. I even paid a guy 10 bucks once to let me shoot from the top of his semi!

For the Pepperdine helispot pics, the helispot just happened to be lower then then the surrounding area. Instead of staying at the HS, I drove around a bit until I found a good area that had a view of it and wasn't too dangerous. The problem with this kind of thing is you don't want to be directly in their path since more then a few times you'll see them take in a full tank of water and as they're pulling away, the debris and stuff is still falling from the donkey dick. A lot of the area is also kept clear simply because going from a hover to foreward flight with a full tank can lead to other issues, especially with a strong wind and you need to be aware of that for your own safety.

Beyond that, it's just about looking around, seeing their flight path, knowing the safety issues involved, and making sure you have the right kind of light from the sun. A really good pair of boots and having the proper focal length lens helps too!

Mike

A Personal note you won't read anywhere else... I am SOOO glad this I'm done with the Canyon Fire pics!!! I still have about 30 air tanker shots to go through, but it'll be a long time coming before I bother with them. This is pretty much my last bit I had from that fire and I'm just glad it's done!

UPDATED 04/4/2008: CanyonIC Pt. 2: Misc. Apparatus and Scenery

CanyonIC-Misc.jpg

Hey everyone, today's update is a little bit of everything for everyone. We have 12 shots in the Misc. Apparatus folder of Long Beach City Fire's Engine 1 and 18, LASD's special command vehicle, LAFD Fire 3, USFS H534, and LACoFD Engine 106. Also in this update are 30 scenery shots of the smoke, fire, and area around Pepperdine and the Pacific Ocean. The destroyed vehicles in the pics belonged to the campus and were parked near the Tower and shows just how close this fire came to devastating a larger part of Malibu then it did. Enjoy the pics!

LAcoFD-STRF-Misc.jpg

Today's update is 53 pics from a reported structure fire in Calabasas. LACoFD Q125, E65, E68, B5, and LASD responded to a 2 story single family dwelling that was being built when a fire broke out in the wall. It was pretty much out by the time fire resources responded on scene, and LACoFD units ovehauled the area and made sure it was out and safe. Since this is an apparatus thread, here is a mix of the best of the units on scene. Click the pic or the link below to see the Firefighters in action. Enjoy!

Click Here To Go To:

-- UPDATED 04/11/2008: LACoFD Structure Fire/Fire Out --

LAFD-MA-Misc.jpg

LAFD E92 & RA909

The next few updates are going to be very heavily LACoFD focused so I thought I'd throw in an LAFD one first to break it up. Today's update is 35 pics of LAFD's E92 and RA909 in Sherman Oaks on a medical aid. E92 is one of the new 2007 Seagraves and I have to admit, I was very impressed! Enjoy!

Click Here To Go To:

-- LAFD Medical Aid --

Hoppah's ambulance. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

i think you have too much time on ur hands lol :D (even though its probably your living)

good pics :1046275747_biggthumpup: :1046276057_GroupHug:

LOL I wish I had more time, I'm swamped with unedited pics that are all due Saturday. As for the ambulance, it's actually one of the older ones. 909 means it's the BLS, non-paramedic, ambulance from Fire Station 109. Most of the newer ones are Paramedic (ALS) rigs with even more coming soon including new heavy-lift capable ambulances.

From my work experience with the RAF (Royal Air Force):

4x4 Rapid intervention vehicle

S7300344.jpg

4x4 Major Foam tender (has water on board as well though)

S7300346.jpg

Me having a go on the major foam tender (this will be removed after two days)

S7300331.jpg

From my work experience with the RAF (Royal Air Force):

Love the ARFF rigs. Between spending most of my time assigned to MCAS El Toro before joining the FD, and my first fire station being at French Valley Airport, I've always had a thing for specialized ARFF.

and now, another update!

UPDATED 04/24/2008: LACoFD B5, E65, E144, S89 & FS89

LACoFD-FS89-Misc.jpg

As promised, here is the first of a series of LACoFD Updates over the next few days and weeks. This update is 38 pics of LA County Fire Battalion 5, Engine 65, Engine 144, Squad 89 and Fire Station 89. Enjoy!

Click Here To Go To:

-- LACoFD --

LACoFD-FS144-Night-023a.jpg

UPDATED 04/25/2008: Huge LACoFD Update & 1 Cloud

Today's update is probably my biggest in a while, so hopefully there is something for everyone. There are 68 new shots of LACoFD Engine 144, Patrol 144, Fire Station 144, and Repair 5. 12 Shots of the new Fire Simulator training aid at Fire station 89. 53 Shots of a Traffic Collision with minor injuries and 30 shots of an Overturned Vehicle accident with Ventura County Fire. Also updated are shots of a Snake call, Smoke in a Structure, and 2 medical aids. And just for those who only go to the general folder, there is a new Cloud/sunset picture. All told, there are 252 pictures added, Enjoy!

Expo-Misc-001.png

Expo-Misc-002.png

UPDATED 05/04/2008: LACoFD and AMR

It's that time of month everyone. During the month of May various cities throughout the Los Angeles area host Fire Service Days showcasing their equipment, Emergency Management, and do their best to educate the public. Today's update comes from the Santa Clarita Emergency Management Expo and includes images of LACoFD Battalion 6, Hazmat 43, AMR Ambulance, and an extrication demonstration by LACoFD Q126. All told, there are 137 new pics, so Enjoy!

Click Here To Go To:

--Emergency Expo

I just came back from a truckfire, I have some pics:

picture's removed because I later heard that it was a deadly accident....

All the cars who at the accident:

4 Engine's

1 Foamtender

2 Heavy Rescue

3 OvD ((kind of BC)

1 Accident leader

3 Ambulances

1 Rescue Chopper

1 EMS captain

A lot of police cars

I'm only 12 years old, but in our land we have a system, P2000, and when I hear a siren, I can go to a webstie and see the pagercodes from the cars who set in. You can also see hte location, what happened (fire, carcrash etc.).

But I'm a childrenfirefighter, but they don't responce to real accidents, fire etc.