Guest ComputerCop

Highway Collision

Guest ComputerCop

Hello all, just got E3 recently, and first and foremost...

God Bless Hoppah!! I absolutely LOVE the LA Mod!! :D :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Now, I must advise you, I'm still getting used to the game, so I DO use the money cheat, I'm not that great in the money management department :laugh:

So I loaded up the (default) major highway collision (the one with the bus and multiple cars, one in the river), and first thing that I thought was, we want to prevent further accidents by re-directing traffic and getting rubber-neckers safely away from the road. So I quickly sent two LAPD patrols to the scene with an engineer van to light up the stop sign, followed by an LAFD truck, two ambulances (to start with..) and an EMT Hummer.

I'm off to a decent start, I get the firefighters to cut cars open, EMTs starting their work, LAPD directing traffic, and the alert thingy comes up saying more tire tracks than vehicles. I then saw the broken guardrail and the skid marks leading into the water.."SHIT!!!!"

So then I'm trying to think how to get this car out of the water. My first thought was a crane, but how would the crane know where to look? I noticed the utility booth across the river, and I know it was probably a wrong assumption, but I thought maybe it blocks the dam or something, draining the river. I call in a bridge vehicle (although I don't think it could've built a bridge across that river!) and it alerts me to on-lookers on the other side of the highway.

I think there might have been a stop light on that side but wasn't sure, and the two sides were blocked by guardrails, so I couldn't send one of the LAPD cars across. So I call in a chopper from LAPD, hoping it can carry civilians, and as it arrives, E3 says Mission Failed, onlooker hit by car. So I figured I was too slow in getting LAPD over there. (Damn I wish E3 was multiplayer!!)

So what did I do wrong? I don't want a complete solution, just a push in the right direction... :unsure:

Thanks.

Hello all, just got E3 recently, and first and foremost...

God Bless Hoppah!! I absolutely LOVE the LA Mod!! :D :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Now, I must advise you, I'm still getting used to the game, so I DO use the money cheat, I'm not that great in the money management department :laugh:

So I loaded up the (default) major highway collision (the one with the bus and multiple cars, one in the river), and first thing that I thought was, we want to prevent further accidents by re-directing traffic and getting rubber-neckers safely away from the road. So I quickly sent two LAPD patrols to the scene with an engineer van to light up the stop sign, followed by an LAFD truck, two ambulances (to start with..) and an EMT Hummer.

I'm off to a decent start, I get the firefighters to cut cars open, EMTs starting their work, LAPD directing traffic, and the alert thingy comes up saying more tire tracks than vehicles. I then saw the broken guardrail and the skid marks leading into the water.."SHIT!!!!"

So then I'm trying to think how to get this car out of the water. My first thought was a crane, but how would the crane know where to look? I noticed the utility booth across the river, and I know it was probably a wrong assumption, but I thought maybe it blocks the dam or something, draining the river. I call in a bridge vehicle (although I don't think it could've built a bridge across that river!) and it alerts me to on-lookers on the other side of the highway.

I think there might have been a stop light on that side but wasn't sure, and the two sides were blocked by guardrails, so I couldn't send one of the LAPD cars across. So I call in a chopper from LAPD, hoping it can carry civilians, and as it arrives, E3 says Mission Failed, onlooker hit by car. So I figured I was too slow in getting LAPD over there. (Damn I wish E3 was multiplayer!!)

So what did I do wrong? I don't want a complete solution, just a push in the right direction... :unsure:

Thanks.

Helicopter + policemand to other side, talk to the cars that stop on the side to watch, I mean talk to those that get out of those cars and they'll drive away

Oh and :welcome:

Guest harbingerofdoom

Im stuck on this mission for some reason.

I got all the vics picked up and cared for, got the car out of the river and picked up all the wrecked cars......

Now what? I have sent everyone home several times tried various ways to turn the stop sign off... no matter what i do it either says that i created a traffic jam and i loose..... or I didnt control the scene and that causes another wreck...

I cant figure out what im missing here...

Guest ComputerCop

Stan: Thanks, I'll do that. Do people keep stopping to look or is it just the few cars that are stopped initially?

I read in another topic I have to use a diver team with the crane, so will try that as well.

harbingerofdoom: I didn't take a close look at the road ahead of the accident, but at the beginning of the level at least, there are lots of undamaged cars there in a traffic jam....Stan, is there any way to get rid of those?

Stan: Thanks, I'll do that. Do people keep stopping to look or is it just the few cars that are stopped initially?

I read in another topic I have to use a diver team with the crane, so will try that as well.

harbingerofdoom: I didn't take a close look at the road ahead of the accident, but at the beginning of the level at least, there are lots of undamaged cars there in a traffic jam....Stan, is there any way to get rid of those?

I just want to say that you can use the diver to dive into the water, then a balloon will pop out pop out of the water. Use the crane to click it and then you will hoist the car out of the water.

Im stuck on this mission for some reason.

I got all the vics picked up and cared for, got the car out of the river and picked up all the wrecked cars......

Now what? I have sent everyone home several times tried various ways to turn the stop sign off... no matter what i do it either says that i created a traffic jam and i loose..... or I didnt control the scene and that causes another wreck...

I cant figure out what im missing here...

First turn on the stop sign with an engineer. Than you need to let an officer redirect the trafic. When you place hem near the three flashing stop signs (on the lane closest to the hard shoulder), the traffic will be redirected to the highway exit. That way a traffic jam won't form. When you're done you do NOT need to turn the stop sign on again.

greets,

Thijs

P.s. you can review an online EM3 walkthrough here or download it from the dowload centre.

In total there are four cars that will stop and look at the accident. The driver of the last car will try to run towards the scene of the accident (he's the onlooker that get's hit by a vehicle). As said talk to them with a police offcier and you'l have no trouble with them anymore.

You can't get rid of the cars in front (or behind, it depends on which way you look at it) of the accident. But they do not cause any problems, they even move so that your ambulances and other emergency vehicles can go through. The jam gets caused by all the cars waiting in front of the stop sign (see my other post in this topic).

greets,

Thijs

Guest ComputerCop

pyro: Yeah thanks, I knew about the stop sign and re-directing traffic. As I said, The first thing I did was send the LAPD to the scene with an engineer :P

Then called in the chopper for the cars on the other side, got a diver for the river, and had no trouble with the rest :)

Only drawback was, I thought I had cleared the bus, but the mission didn't end when I was done...turns out there was still one more injured person trapped in the bus :(

Unfortunately, he had passed by the time an LAFD crew got him out :(

Guest Medic51

Send chopper in first and use police to shoo back to grass area on other side of rd, yes you use crane and click in dark oily water but use divers first to locate the wreak and u dont need a boat use fire tender :1046275747_biggthumpup: .

hope this will help cos i need help on M6 (the next one) grrrr. :1046276128_motz:

Medic51 from Oz

Guest ComputerCop
Send chopper in first and use police to shoo back to grass area on other side of rd, yes you use crane and click in dark oily water but use divers first to locate the wreak and u dont need a boat use fire tender :1046275747_biggthumpup: .

hope this will help cos i need help on M6 (the next one) grrrr. :1046276128_motz:

Medic51 from Oz

I figured it out after like the first reply :laugh:

But thanks anyway...yeah I tried M6 once and failed it. Then I just skipped over it, since I use the LA Mod, I don't have to follow the campaign :laugh: