goog

L.A Mod units upgrade Sub-mod. 3.0 Fire/Police/Ambulance "OLD DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED" "NO DOWNLOAD" "WIP"

Sounds good! So are you planning on releasing the fire and EMS units later then if you get them done? Or is RCMP still first? :popcorn:

I will start on some skin updating and lightbar replacement for the LAFD and EMS today,I will work on that till CFD gets back and can finish off the police part.

At that point we will release regardless if the LAFD is done or not...after that I'm back to the RCMP

EDIT:

cleaned up and updated the colours on the all red and lax ambulance,I also gave it a 2008 textured front end which makes a huge difference and also new textured wheels and correct mirrors

a question,do you guys want me to add nnicos truck ambulance and at some point it can be changed for the loveable dodge you all are fond of?it would replace the seldom used vintage ambulance...

a question,do you guys want me to add nnicos truck ambulance and at some point it can be changed for the loveable dodge you all are fond of?it would replace the seldom used vintage ambulance...

Are you talking about the new Dodge ambulances? Consider my vote a yes, because I don't use the vintage ambulance at all. There aren't a lot of pictures of the new Dodge ambulances, so it might be difficult to model it. I'll try to get you some pictures sometime in the future.

The ambulances in the preview pictures look great. Have you thought about doing away with the mostly white BLS ambulance with an all red ambulance? I haven't seen a white BLS ambulance in quite some time. All the BLS ambulances in service are the red ones with the 800 numbers. Reference picture: Ambulances Depart, Media Arrives

You can use the same model that you use for the ALS for the BLS and just make sure the BLS has an 800 unit number. Or you can just have a halogen lightbar for the BLS (paint the airport ambulance all red) to distinguish it even futher from the ALS ambulance. Either this way or that way, it's up to you and I'm positive that everything will look great.

Are you talking about the new Dodge ambulances? Consider my vote a yes, because I don't use the vintage ambulance at all. There aren't a lot of pictures of the new Dodge ambulances, so it might be difficult to model it. I'll try to get you some pictures sometime in the future.

The ambulances in the preview pictures look great. Have you thought about doing away with the mostly white BLS ambulance with an all red ambulance? I haven't seen a white BLS ambulance in quite some time. All the BLS ambulances in service are the red ones with the 800 numbers. You can use the same model that you use for the ALS for the BLS and just make sure the BLS has an 800 unit number. Or you can just have a halogen lightbar for the BLS (paint the airport ambulance all red) to distinguish it even futher from the ALS ambulance. Either this way or that way, it's up to you and I'm positive that everything will look great.

I did find a few good pics with the new dodge ambulance,just none of the back so I will just duplicate the back of the red ambulance as they all seem uniform...is the LAX ambulance not greenish yellow?I saw a half white yellow one that was a reserve unit so I figured that was the old colour scheme...

if you don't mind sig,post 3 pics of the current styles and numbers then I can be spot on. The nnico one I'm working on now looks fantastic,you guys are gonna love this one.

https://www.emergency-planet.com/video/video.php?v=10150194352747201

Video of LAFD Dodge ambulance light patterns by Mikesphotos

You are correct, the LAX ambulance is a slightly greenish yellow color: Los Angeles Fire Dept Rescue 51

Note: The lightbar has to be all red. It looks like you used the same lightbar as the EMS car. I see that you went with the newer Ford model. I don't think there is a newer Ford LAX ambulance, but it's not a big deal.

BLS ambulance: LAFD Ambulance

Note: I just noticed, that on your BLS older style Ford ambulance, that you didn't put the hood number as shown in the picture.

The older Fords have the hood numbers, while the newer Fords have the front number on the box as shown here: LOS ANGELES FIRE DEPARTMENT (LAFD)

Same ALS ambulance, different angle picture: LOS ANGELES FIRE DEPARTMENT (LAFD)

I hope that helps.

thanks Sigmeister,here's the new nnico f450 skinned as the new dodge ambulances.As soon as a dodge becomes available the ford will be swapped out...but for now it will replace the vintage ambulance.

holy crap goog, i think i just crapped my self this is great! how do you make these models so fast? didnt someone ask for this like 2 or 3 days ago? for me if i tried to do something this good it would probably take me a month, you are awesome man! keep up the good work and i cant wait for this submod!

I did find a few good pics with the new dodge ambulance,just none of the back so I will just duplicate the back of the red ambulance as they all seem uniform...is the LAX ambulance not greenish yellow?I saw a half white yellow one that was a reserve unit so I figured that was the old colour scheme...

if you don't mind sig,post 3 pics of the current styles and numbers then I can be spot on. The nnico one I'm working on now looks fantastic,you guys are gonna love this one.

FYI for the new dodge rescues. They were made 30 minutes south of me in Chehalis Washington. They used our new ambulances as the base for their design. This is the link to the company pistures shwoing all sides and the interior. They have ordered almost 20 for their fleet so far.

http://www.braunnorthwest.com/popup.php?id=558

holy crap goog, i think i just crapped my self this is great! how do you make these models so fast? didnt someone ask for this like 2 or 3 days ago? for me if i tried to do something this good it would probably take me a month, you are awesome man! keep up the good work and i cant wait for this submod!

thanks Scotia but this is Nnico's model,I just skinned this...this will be temporarily in the game to replace the vintage ambulance until a dodge is available.I'm just starting modeling so if I get good enough I may tackle it soon.

thanks for the pics hummer,they help a lot...my guess was right as they are identical the the E450 ambulance backs.

Take your time my good lightman (joke like my good sir :s). haha 01.gif

OMG...that thing fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch coming down!!!Paint her green and we have shrek...or Fiona

Haha, after so long, I finally find the right time to do it. Oh and on an unrelated note, I've gotten better with textures thanks to you! Once again, thank you. Also, CFD, cannot wait to see those lights. Learned a bunch from you too lol.

Looks great. Couple of things though: on the left side of the ambulance body, the light placement is off. The upper lights are too far apart when in fact they are close. And it's also weird that the last upper red light is placed slightly lower. Also there should be a red light right above the rear wheel wells on both sides of the ambulance box body.

Reference picture: http://www.braunnorthwest.com/popup.php?id=558&pid=16025

Looks great. Couple of things though: on the left side of the ambulance body, the light placement is off. The upper lights are too far apart when in fact they are close. And it's also weird that the last upper red light is placed slightly lower. Also there should be a red light right above the rear wheel wells on both sides of the ambulance box body.

Reference picture: http://www.braunnort...d=558&pid=16025

those are where nnico placed the light housings on his model,I will remove them in zmod and mount some in the correct locations...I just loved that ambo so much I had too see it lit up,CFD will make sure everything's on the money as far as lighting code

EDIT:moved all the lights to exact locations and chanced door textures so it matches the real life pics