Considering Developing A New Game

What Should I do?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Go for it I would buy it
    • Maybe, It depends on what its like
    • I just don't feel that you should wast your time
    • Na, Its to much
  2. 2. If I were to do one of the concepts listed which would you like to see?

• So For the MMORPG of the Emergency Services
    • So For the Dispatcher Game
    • I Have a concept of my own you should consider

Hey, I love both of your ideas! I would have one suggestion though, for the MMORPG, give players a way to expand themselves. i.e. you start out as a Volunteer firefighter with 0 experiance, as they do jos around the fire house and answer emergencies, they build 2 types of points, promotion points and training points. Then may be have a menu you can pull up with specialties of their career. (If you're an VFF, you can choose from EMS, Hazmat, rescue subspecalities and of course FF. If you're PD, Swat, Bomb Squad, Piloting, Tactical EMS) Then you'd have to build you're career using the training points to get new gear availible to you. You wouldn't have access to all of the trainings all at once, you'd have to unlock them. Like you could get to Paramedic without taking the EMT option and doing 10 medical emergencies. Then once you get enough promotion points, you get offered a promotion, you could accept it or not. In order to get certain promotions though, you'd have to take certain trainings. i.e. You can't be an EMS Lt. without being a paramedic, or you can'r be the rescue lt. with out having all the rescue training. But if you accept it, you wouldn't be able to access any of the lower levels of training. (So if an FF becomes a Lt. they wouldn't be able to go back to get Hazmat awareness) But you'd have new training levels, like ICS, Wildland Fire command, Structural fire command...

Maybe the trainings could trigger a "run" were you would training with the new equipment in game.

Hey, I love both of your ideas! I would have one suggestion though, for the MMORPG, give players a way to expand themselves. i.e. you start out as a Volunteer firefighter with 0 experiance, as they do jos around the fire house and answer emergencies, they build 2 types of points, promotion points and training points. Then may be have a menu you can pull up with specialties of their career. (If you're an VFF, you can choose from EMS, Hazmat, rescue subspecalities and of course FF. If you're PD, Swat, Bomb Squad, Piloting, Tactical EMS) Then you'd have to build you're career using the training points to get new gear availible to you. You wouldn't have access to all of the trainings all at once, you'd have to unlock them. Like you could get to Paramedic without taking the EMT option and doing 10 medical emergencies. Then once you get enough promotion points, you get offered a promotion, you could accept it or not. In order to get certain promotions though, you'd have to take certain trainings. i.e. You can't be an EMS Lt. without being a paramedic, or you can'r be the rescue lt. with out having all the rescue training. But if you accept it, you wouldn't be able to access any of the lower levels of training. (So if an FF becomes a Lt. they wouldn't be able to go back to get Hazmat awareness) But you'd have new training levels, like ICS, Wildland Fire command, Structural fire command...

Maybe the trainings could trigger a "run" were you would training with the new equipment in game.

Thats A pretty awesome Idea you have there, I was planing to do a ranking system but not to the extent of that. Well I will have to look into implementing that. the only thing is with the triggering of events I am not quite sure on all of this yet but as for events go I plan to have it so that players get assigned to servers in certain positions and rolls on the map. I was going to do a system where you could be a firefighter one day and a bomb tech the next but the training and unlocking would allow for so much more to be done. Now its a matter of figuring out how to setup games on a map. Like an endless free-play that is constantly running and players can leave and come as they please. Or like time framed maps with like 2 events at a time and then back to the lobby. The concern is maintaining the crews on the map at all times during game-play.

Thanks I think I have an idea now on how I can go about setting up the games server system. And I will try to include that in it. Gear/tool upgrades for your firefighter/police officer/ emt and so on would be a good idea to implement as well. Will have to try to find a way to piece that into the puzzle as well. wink.gif

I love all of these ideas, especially the first one. The problem is though, that i'm a highschool from a small michigan town, so I don't really have money to buy this "subscription", I'm wondering if you can make it a 1 time subscription, and not a "Monthly" payment. Can you also please give us some updates about the vehicles or something soon. Not just what you are hoping to do?

I love all of these ideas, especially the first one. The problem is though, that i'm a highschool from a small michigan town, so I don't really have money to buy this "subscription", I'm wondering if you can make it a 1 time subscription, and not a "Monthly" payment. Can you also please give us some updates about the vehicles or something soon. Not just what you are hoping to do?

Dont ask for updates. Games take time, i think B2 would appreciate it if no asked for updates.

Hey everyone it has been quite a while.

@lacofd_FF51 thanks. As for modablity it is an mmorpg so it is based off a web server. So modding may be difficult to do just because the game has to be standard for the web. Although there are ways that we can add private servers with different sets of modded games up on the web. So that may be a reality in the near future. Oh and by the way the game will grow as the community does so it won't be launched as a one time standalone thing that is like emergency. So new ideas and things will be implemented over time.

@camhesse101- I want the pricing to be very very reasonable, especially with the caliber of game that we are pumping out( were not a huge big game company with a known name). Although I cannot confirm anything yet on how pricing will work. It really will all depend on how the networking in game is set up amongst players in the mmorpg. That all will require servers to do so, and I myself don't have the bandwidth/ #of strong pcs that will be needed to run a community of gamers. So deepening on how we set the servers up and manage game traffic then that's where a good partion of the price will come from. As for tour update, currently I do not have any. In the coming weeks we may have something big for you.

@coolguy1002- yes, that is something we are taking into consideration. As for a first release thing, we feel as if it would be best to start off small on just one of those branches and then work our way around. Reason being that each one of those branches has to have a ton don for them to make it all work(scripts, animations, models ect.) as well don't expect to see all the advanced partitions of each branch. For example, basically ladders, engines and battalions would be something that you would probably see first from the game. We need to establish the core systems before we can get down and dirty with all the fun stuff. So in a perfect world, we were able to get this to the final phases of development and make a good first release of the product and that seems stable, then in the following few we will try to roll out more advanced stuff. :)

Hey everyone it has been quite a while.

Didn't know whether you were still working on this but it looks sweet, hope you can pull it off man. It's something I'd never even think about trying myself, but you seem to know what you're doing holdglass.gif

Keep up the good work!

Dyson

x

It's good to see someone's trying to make this work.

May I suggest you first make the Dispatcher based game? Reason for that suggestion is simply because (I think) it takes less time and work to make the game, and thus seeing how many people are actually interested in these type of games.

Hey guys thanks for support

@ dyson- I have been meaning to talk to you by the way about a potential opportunity. Idk if Reece.c has said anything to you yet.If you get a chance though please pm me.

@multiplebullets - we have been thinking about that as well. Right now we are getting a start on the actual mmorpg to figure out what work is going to be cut out for us. I have been thinking about all that though. It's also a matter of whether we should waste important development time on a standalone platform that maybe 5 people will actually play. Although the mmorpg itself will have so sort of dispatching system integrated into it. So maybe we will create a roll for a dispatcher in the games map and system. I really don't want to do tons of ai / a* programing for the game so the more rolls we can give to actuall players the more realistic as well as variblistic we can make it.

@b2bomber

Alright fair enough, sounds good!

How do you plan on motivating the players to do their jobs right? I'm sure there's gonna be some childish 9-year old kids playing the game (once it's out) and just be f*cking around, doing nothing they're supposed to do.

There are always those kids haha. Well at least we would know what we're doing! ;)

Hey everyone greetings from las Vegas. Just saw a squad and an engine pull up to a gas station code 3 ( looked cool and was a medic call) and also just wanted to say it's been a little while. I have been traveling in the mountains for the last week so I have not have had the chance to really do anything yet.

@b2bomber

Alright fair enough, sounds good!

How do you plan on motivating the players to do their jobs right? I'm sure there's gonna be some childish 9-year old kids playing the game (once it's out) and just be f*cking around, doing nothing they're supposed to do.

Well,

Like reece said banning will be definitely one method.

As well the ranking system will be another. Our ranking system will be based off training your character for more elite tasks such as hazmat, confined space rescues, scene comand and control/ so on. In which both experience and trainning will be required to get the more funner tasks in the game. So someone who is serious about getting to those points will be willing to play in a more mature way. And since you have asked that question I have been trying to figure out maybe a much more enforceive aproch to doing it just because those things I have said above are kind of standard and won't prevent that still from happening.

So here's maybe something more you would be interested in hearing. I will try to find a way to script in a simple point counting system that will be utlized by the game matching servers( program that initiates games) that would be used as a user seriousness rank. In game other users can either give a Point or take a point to another player if they feel they need to. Once a particular number of points are given to the user the game matching service would place users that are more into joking around on one server and putting more serious on another. Thoughts?

i forgot this in my last post but have you seen the flame sim training simulator that some departments use to train their personnel

this is the link to the website http://www.flame-sim.com/overview/

this is what i picture when i think about your game and am wondering if that is what you are picturing as well

Yea you could say that in comparison, ares though is in a first person with a possible 3rd person follow cam and really isn't based off the few small maps. There will be a lot more too it than that game and not to mention it's all online and its multiplayer.

So like a Police/Fire/Ems First Person?

You got MSN? Contact me slowride326@hotmail.com

Starting off with basic fire and ems ops and later expanding into advanced ff/ems and as well adding police.

Will do. :)