gizmo719

Wildfires

I'm curious to how busy your dept, county or state has been with wildland this year. I'm a wildland firefighter in Colorado and we have been hit hard, really hard before normal season. Also I've been on the interstate in Kansas and there everywhere. So please tell me what its like round your area, share pictures and stories even.

Well, our fire department doesnt have any wildland unit, its just the regular dept who extinguish and if its a larger fire then the National guard get called in.

The big fire season havent startet YET, but some small grass fire has been reported.

No pics for the moment :)

Had some kids smoking stuff in their backyard and set some grass on fire, then there was a car fire next to a tree and the tree burned. And occasionally something on the train lines will start to smoke/burn. That's about the extent of 'wildfires' we get here in urban NJ, lol.

In Spain there usually are many fires in the mountains and forests, and they usually are very large, thousands of acres burned. In that fires I think that the local (the city, location or comunity) firefighters works in the fire and when is too big the UME (emergency military unit) goes to cooperate.

Yeah, in Colorado we have already had three type 1 incidents already. That's usually what we have all season. I know we also lost roughly 20-40 houses so far, 15 in one fire. For three weeks in march he had at least 3 a week. It's been busy.

I live in texas. here is some info on what its been like here so far.

Since January 1

• 800 fires
  • 5,000 structures Damaged
  • 1.4 million acres

fires in 252 of of my states 254 counties since December 21, 2010.

Over here in LA County we are still getting rain in late April but that means that next year there will be a lot of major Brush Fires during Fire season.

The latest one, Crown Fire: 14,000 acres (57 km2) burned, 2000 homes evacuated. For the first time ever LACoFD called in the 747 supertanker.

I firefighter EMERCOM of Russia. I live in the Far East of Russia in Primorye. Last summer with the huge forest fires us mercy, and all last summer in our region have been no areas of forest fires. However, this spring has brought to our land a lot of fire. Over the past 3 weeks fire service of EMERCOM in my city respond on fire of dry grass and forest fires around the city on 20-30 times per day. Total from 1 April to date, in my region recorded about 200 forest fires have destroyed the forest over an area of ??300 hectares.

Here it should be noted that the EMERCOM respond to extinguish fires only when there is a threat to life, health and human settlements. In all other cases, the forest fires put out forest protection officers or reserve where the fire occurred.

Photos from the forest fires of summer 2010 in Russia.

Then, to extinguish the fire was involved not only EMERCOM, but the army, police, and simply volunteers. Also put out our fires helped friends from neighboring countries.

x_ef232a84.jpg

x_656a535a.jpg

The burned car engineering troops of the Russian army during the fighting forest fires:

x_8becb1b8.jpg

Sometimes, to extinguish a forest fire had to pull off a few dozen kilometers from the nearest road:

x_716fff2b.jpg

x_236fbbb8.jpg

x_5e30edfe.jpg

x_b8b1f249.jpg

x_951b9754.jpg

I firefighter EMERCOM of Russia. I live in the Far East of Russia in Primorye. Last summer with the huge forest fires us mercy, and all last summer in our region have been no areas of forest fires. However, this spring has brought to our land a lot of fire. Over the past 3 weeks fire service of EMERCOM in my city respond on fire of dry grass and forest fires around the city on 20-30 times per day. Total from 1 April to date, in my region recorded about 200 forest fires have destroyed the forest over an area of ??300 hectares.

Here it should be noted that the EMERCOM respond to extinguish fires only when there is a threat to life, health and human settlements. In all other cases, the forest fires put out forest protection officers or reserve where the fire occurred.

Photos from the forest fires of summer 2010 in Russia.

Then, to extinguish the fire was involved not only EMERCOM, but the army, police, and simply volunteers. Also put out our fires helped friends from neighboring countries.

x_55c53f1b.jpg

x_57804e53.jpg

x_5a279270.jpg

x_b73ada6c.jpg

x_ef232a84.jpg

x_656a535a.jpg

The burned car engineering troops of the Russian army during the fighting forest fires:

x_8becb1b8.jpg

Sometimes, to extinguish a forest fire had to pull off a few dozen kilometers from the nearest road:

x_716fff2b.jpg

x_236fbbb8.jpg

x_5e30edfe.jpg

x_b8b1f249.jpg

x_951b9754.jpg

P.S: sorry for double post :machkaputt: Moderator please delete the previous message

Which one, I i remember correctly the picture of the tanker dropping retardant is a P-3. I couldnt tell ya what the crashed plan was, i was at the head of the fire attacking a finger at the time we heard about the crash on over the radio.

in the Netherlands is a continuing drought so there is a code red alert. The Fire dept. is responden with lots of vehicles to nutare fire's and ther are lots of big grass fire's and one them is so big that we are going to evacuate a city, witch is very rear in the Netherlands.

Hard, we've had a crap load of grass fires, may go down to north carolina too.

What do u mean go down to N.C. are you the national callout??

OH MY GOD, I AM SURROUNDED BY TREES!

Good thing the city woods never burn

They do in Colorado haha