Guest timeruler

NOOB Modder needs assistance

Guest timeruler

Hi guys,

I'm interested in creating a mod where I basicly just add a lot of the events from freeplay to the multiplayer map.

However I'm not sure that I'm doing it right.

I tried by addind a bomb and the addind the <FPbomb> to the spec file fp_params_endless_mp.xml.

I disabled all other events so that I could just wait for the bomb to happen, but there was a loud silens on my map.

Nothing happened.

Also I noticed that there isn't a lot of files in my new mod, as opposing to the L.A Mod which is great.

Any ideas as to how I can add theese elements, someone must know, othervise how can you make your own maps then.

Timeruler

The events are hardcoded, what means you can't create a new event, but you can copy existing events (like copying and placing accidents somewhere else on the map).

Just copy the objects on the map (using the editor) and check the name of the objects.

I am not sure how this works, because I have never modified events in EM3 and EM4.

About the files in your mod. When you load a mod the EM4 already loaded all normal game files (positioned in the 'Data' folder), then it loads all the files in your mod, 'overwriting' the normal gamefiles when files with similar names are in your mod.

This means, you only have to add files to your mod which you want to change.

Just make sure the folders are correct (example: fp_params_endless_mp.xml has to be located in the 'Specs' folder in your mod) and change those files carefully. 1 mistake can make it corrupt.

Good luck,

Hoppah

Guest timeruler
The events are hardcoded, what means you can't create a new event, but you can copy existing events (like copying and placing accidents somewhere else on the map).

Just copy the objects on the map (using the editor) and check the name of the objects.

I am not sure how this works, because I have never modified events in EM3 and EM4.

About the files in your mod. When you load a mod the EM4 already loaded all normal game files (positioned in the 'Data' folder), then it loads all the files in your mod, 'overwriting' the normal gamefiles when files with similar names are in your mod.

This means, you only have to add files to your mod which you want to change.

Just make sure the folders are correct (example: fp_params_endless_mp.xml has to be located in the 'Specs' folder in your mod) and change those files carefully. 1 mistake can make it corrupt.

Good luck,

Hoppah

Ok so this means that there is no way that I will ever get an freeplay event to fire on the multiplayer map.

Only solution is to copy the freeplay.* files and rename them to multiplayer.*

It's too bad I was looking forward to creating a traincrash. Maybe I can steal the names from a car accident and put on the trains.

This will mean that when you made the LA mod you took one of the maps from EM4 and redesigned it. Yieks!

Tons of respect to you.

Thanks for your assistance.

BTW. Do you think this topic should be moved to Modding instead of help. Realised that the help is more of a help with the game thread than a help with my modding.

Timeruler

Guest timeruler
That should work :cool:

That would be cool, only problem would be that the original train would still come and go on the tracks so I should plan the accident so that the cars are not blocking the tracks :D

Guest timeruler
I dont know if it still works, but i remember in emergency 3 that you are able to stop the train by using the stop command of a police officer by standing on the other side of the track

Well there is only one way to find out. Let's hope the brave soul will live to see another day :laugh: