Freakinmusket

[WIP] LA County Submod

the qunit shouldn't have a platform because i have never seen a LACOFD quint with a platform, i've seen the quints like in the photo with just the ladder with a nozzle on the end of the ladder like MedicQuint-153, no harm by this it is your model, iam just saying it dosen't look like the quints that i have seen.

Guys you need to remember all this stuff is a work in progress, I am going to remove the platform as soon as I figure out how to do it without crashing my game, as I am using Hoppah's ladder from the aerial. I know guys who work at 153's, and just about everywhere else, I know this departments equipment. Like I said before though I am taking some creative liberties with this mod, and no I am not going to have every engine an ALS rig, each battalion has 2 squads, and each battalion is about 6 stations large, so for 3 stations, only one has a squad. The quint I just made does not work at any of the stations I said I'd make, but like I said, creative liberties. Also, 127's does not run a light force, they have a tiller quint and an engine, so they can both work separate calls. 127's does not have a foam tender, that belongs to 10's.

Guys you need to remember all this stuff is a work in progress, I am going to remove the platform as soon as I figure out how to do it without crashing my game, as I am using Hoppah's ladder from the aerial. I know guys who work at 153's, and just about everywhere else, I know this departments equipment. Like I said before though I am taking some creative liberties with this mod, and no I am not going to have every engine an ALS rig, each battalion has 2 squads, and each battalion is about 6 stations large, so for 3 stations, only one has a squad. The quint I just made does not work at any of the stations I said I'd make, but like I said, creative liberties. Also, 127's does not run a light force, they have a tiller quint and an engine, so they can both work separate calls. 127's does not have a foam tender, that belongs to 10's.

I thought they both had foam tenders.

http://www.lacountyfire.com/modules.php?name=Apparatus&stat=showApparatusdetail&apparatusunit=Foam%20127&stationNo=127

Station change, instead of 105's, I will be doing 116, as they have taken the real Q153 so it is now in service as Q116, and they have a paramedic squad as well there, so the station list will be 10,116, and 127's. That station list is also old, they do not have that apparatus any more, it moved to another station.

First of all AMR staffs and runs ALS units for 911 calls because of a little storm a couple years ago that had all the LACOFD squads tied up in north LA County and had LA City RA's running through out Santa Clarita as squads. After that LA County EMS sat down and said that a private ambulance company that is Licensed to run ALS calls can run ALS calls. The only ALS rigs that is dedicated to IFT's (inter-facility transports) are the CCT(Critical Care Transport) rigs which staff 2 EMT's and 1 RN. In fact there was a call during the April storms of 2010 that was in Lake LA and there were no LACOFD squads available for the next 30 minutes. So AMR sent an ALS rig out of Palmdale that just got off a call to the address in Lake LA and made it under 15 minutes. I cannot say what the injures or age of the patient due to patient-confidentiality laws but I can say that this type of call happens anytime there is severe weather. One last thing is that LACOFD can leave any medical call in the hands of an AMR ALS rig only.

This is why AMR ALS units are not only for inter-facility transports in fact BLS units take more IFT's than ALS units.

You're kidding me! AMR has definitely changed in the 10 years since I've been there. How does LA County Fire/EMS function on a regular basis? Does an ALS private ambulance get dispatched to every call? How do they decide if the patient needs an ALS private ambulance with a FD squad? Is it used purely if the FD squads in the area are all out of service or on calls? I remember even as an ALS rig back in '03-'04, if we ran with LA County FD, we had to function as a BLS rig because of billing purposes, unless the patient is about to die right then and there.

Nice job so far man! i like that you're makin an awesome submod like this and i cant wait for the release! also making those rigs that work out of different stations than the one's you have on the map is a good idea because you could have them called in as mutual aid on large calls. one question though, way is engine 24 have the upper black cab? is it like that in LAcoFD, or just for Shit's and Giggles?

You're kidding me! AMR has definitely changed in the 10 years since I've been there. How does LA County Fire/EMS function on a regular basis? Does an ALS private ambulance get dispatched to every call? How do they decide if the patient needs an ALS private ambulance with a FD squad? Is it used purely if the FD squads in the area are all out of service or on calls? I remember even as an ALS rig back in '03-'04, if we ran with LA County FD, we had to function as a BLS rig because of billing purposes, unless the patient is about to die right then and there.

Yes it has changed, County fire paramedics on an engine, squad, EST, truck can leave if AMR can handle. This happens more in Santa Clarita more than any were else in LA County due to AMR quick response time where assessment/treatment has already started and/or almost finished also if their is enough paramedics on scene but this is rare and only happens if the CES team has nothing to do. right now AMR BLS units are used more for IFT'S than anything else. More ALS units are being put in the field for 911 calls these days because paramedics can due more than emt's if some thing goes south on the patient. For your next question its supply and demand if there are not enough squads to go around than AMR can call off-duty paramedics to come in and grab a rig and head out as an RA which in county ems' eyes can operate a squad and transport at the same time. But this does not happen a lot. Billing is different if an BLS rig has a BLS call than its billed as a BLS call and its an ALS rig on a ALS call than its billed as an ALS call, now if Its a ALS rig on a BLS call no matter if county fire is there or not its is billed as BLS call.

Hope this answers your questions.

Black top LACoFD Engines have CAFS (compressed air foam system) installed. It's just cosmetic in the game. Don't get me started on it as far as real life...

I think I can help you on this one. Most of the battalions have 1 CAFS pumper in it and the pumper that is chosen to have a CAFS put on it is because the buildings in its area. For example LACoFD station 126 has a CAFS pumper because its next to the Santa Clarita mall and who knows what a mall has that can burn. Also 126 is a mile away from a chlorine production plant and has it for that reason too. Thats also why station 73 has a foam tender there.

Yes it has changed, County fire paramedics on an engine, squad, EST, truck can leave if AMR can handle. This happens more in Santa Clarita more than any were else in LA County due to AMR quick response time where assessment/treatment has already started and/or almost finished also if their is enough paramedics on scene but this is rare and only happens if the CES team has nothing to do. right now AMR BLS units are used more for IFT'S than anything else. More ALS units are being put in the field for 911 calls these days because paramedics can due more than emt's if some thing goes south on the patient. For your next question its supply and demand if there are not enough squads to go around than AMR can call off-duty paramedics to come in and grab a rig and head out as an RA which in county ems' eyes can operate a squad and transport at the same time. But this does not happen a lot. Billing is different if an BLS rig has a BLS call than its billed as a BLS call and its an ALS rig on a ALS call than its billed as an ALS call, now if Its a ALS rig on a BLS call no matter if county fire is there or not its is billed as BLS call.

Hope this answers your questions.

I think I can help you on this one. Most of the battalions have 1 CAFS pumper in it and the pumper that is chosen to have a CAFS put on it is because the buildings in its area. For example LACoFD station 126 has a CAFS pumper because its next to the Santa Clarita mall and who knows what a mall has that can burn. Also 126 is a mile away from a chlorine production plant and has it for that reason too. Thats also why station 73 has a foam tender there.

126's has the CAFS rig because it is the Battalion HQ. All of the stations with CAFS rigs are BHQ's, like 24's, 118's, and so forth. 73's has the foam tender there because of the industrial regions it is located between, so not only is there the HASA Chlorine production plant, there is also the oil refineries up Sierra Highway near the 14.

Now for another update, I give you the 1990 KME Excel engine, original model by Helljumper51, who did an outstanding job! Here is the rig in service as E127 while their newer KME underwent its annual check up.

oldkme2.jpg

oldkme.jpg

Looks good so far but the ambulances still have the original LAFD back doors.

Yes I know I am working on that!

did anyone ever tell you that you always do BEAUTIFUL work? i think that you should hear that more often :cheers-mate:

also, will this have an installer?

Haha thanks man, and it will not, but, it will be simple drag and drop, I promise!

Haven't decided yet, but in the meantime feast your eyes on these!

newfordpmsquad.jpg

code3lasd.jpg

And yes BillyfromHill I know that 51s has an older Ford squad, this is just for the time being, and no 51's does not have a Dodge as seen in those pictures, they were promotional, that squad went to 164's in San Dimas.