Freakinmusket

[WIP] LA County Submod

Howdy peeps, let me start by introducing myself, I have been modding in 3ds for over 2 years now. If you are on GTAPoliceMods you know who I am. I have been playing Emergency for about the same amount of time, and since I have learned the ways of Zmodeler I decided I was going to work on a Los Angeles County submod. I live in Santa Clarita, about 30 miles north of LA and it is home to some of the craziest wildland fires that LA County gets. I am also a LA County Fire explorer, and it is my goal to one day (hopefully soon) work for this amazing department. First let me start off by saying that I am extremely busy and it may be a while before this comes out. It might just end up being that I release the finished parts. Whatever the case may be please don't hold it against me! Now enough of my rambling and on to some pictures.

Los Angeles County Fire 2007 KME Severe Service Predator

Mostly made from scratch, I used a few pieces from Dyson's FDNY engine, and bits and pieces from Hoppah's pieces I could access in the editor. Almost complete, all it needs is a realistic lighting job by CFD, and I have to work on the rotation of the doors.

In the pictures I have a bunch of different skins on each engine, the engine with the black roof/top of cab denotes that is a CAFS engine.

kmes.jpg

kmes2.jpg

kmes3.jpg

kmes4.jpg

And just so you guys know it's actually working, here it is ingame at a 2 car TC with patients trapped.

2carTC.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, there is more to come soon!

looks very very cool is the Caprice in the back round a LASD one and the fire engines look realy high def do they lag or will they lag peoples games?

Its actually Hoppah's Crown Vic with an LASD skin, but I'm going to use Dyson's Crown Vic and make LASD/CHP Units out of that. As for the lag, it is just the texture that makes it look high def, they will not make you lag at all!

WICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Do you know if any units in L.A.C. use black turnout gear? I would love to see that on top of the Tan, (really justs looks Yellow in the game) :nixweiss:

No southern California departments use black turnouts because of the weather, primarily the amount of sun they get. People would overheat.

For the same reason you don't see many vehicles with a dark roof. Same thing goes for all the newer USFS appratus. You think it's a coinidence that they're all white in southern California?

No southern California departments use black turnouts because of the weather, primarily the amount of sun they get. People would overheat.

For the same reason you don't see many vehicles with a dark roof. Same thing goes for all the newer USFS appratus. You think it's a coinidence that they're all white in southern California?

Thats exactly why, in my valley during august it will get up to 119, and working a TC in full PPE's sucks ass. But the USFS engines out here are still that mint green like everywhere else!

The blackhawk is already in the LA mod. Why don't you just reskin it? It won't be able to drop water but at least you would be able to transport.

You can make it replace the plane, but its glitchy and a pain, and I haven't found a way to disable the plane sound.

I'll try to have both, I just wanted to get rid of that ugly helicopter with the LAFD markings, if someone could unpack the texture for the blackhawk and send it to me so I could, I would be very greatful. I'm also looking for map editors as well who know how to make vehicle spawns and such, if this is you float me a PM.

yes Yes YES I like it! Brings me back to the days when I was an AMR jockey in SoCal. Really, you got everything a LaCoFD submod really needs. All that is missing is a quint tiller. I guess you gotta remap the stations to have a squad instead of ambulance. You're not gonna get all fancy with a LaCoFD tractor-trailer USAR are ya? No need, in my humble opinion. Just make all the AMR ambulances BLS please! If you make it so that a squad has to go on all the medicals, you've really created a whole new way of playing the game!

Spaloo, where were you at in Socal? And no bro, only the basics, Engine, Quint (Both straight Chassis and tiller), I have a new F350 squad I'm working on too, I just need to get it to work ingame lol. I'm also going to try and get my Dodge 3500 squad working too. I also have the textures I made for Hoppah's rigs, but I'm not making the HAZMAT or USAR rigs, its too much work for something we'll never use. As for BLS AMR, thats what I was also going to do, because in my valley I think there are about 2 or 3 actual paramedic rigs, but they travel from the AV to Gorman through Santa Clarita, so I'm going with the BLS route, plus when I pay and I have a critical patient, I take a paramedic from the squad, usually the one that treated the pt, and have him ride in the rig with the squad follow.

i like the submod, will there be a brush patrol,quint (tiller or rear mount) or a ladder truck(tiller or rear mount),will the hazmat unit look like hazmat-129 or 43 and what will the usar unit look like,will the heilcopter drop water and what will the sheriffs unts look like. will all the units have reality lights

I'm going to try to make a Patrol, there will be a Quint, I'm going to try and make both, and the HAZMAT will look like 129's, and I'm trying to do all this stuff, I am not the best at scripting so if someone wants to come forward and help please don't be shy.

I have a skinned blackhawk, Battalion Chief (BC1), and firefighters( Based on some of Mikesphotos pictures, they have appropriate lettering, helmet plates, and slightly different reflective striping) if you would like I can send them.

hey Freakinmusket,I skinned you a Nnico crown vic in current LASD and Santa Clarita skin.A little thank you for doing the lightbar on my project...enjoy it !! PM me and I'll send you the PNG

Good job on the models love the huey!!! any other Nnicos you need skinned I could do a few for you,just let me know...

@MCERT1: I would love the Blackhawk and firefighters, I already have a BC mobile.

@Goog1967: That just made my day bro, thank you so much, and did you research the station number? Because that's the station where I live lol, thank you so much man, both of you guys will be getting credits, and I honestly cannot even begin to thank you!

hey your black over red roof engine if it is a cafs(compressed air foam system) engine it would be cool to have that unit spary foam and have the ability to spary water like the other engines. I would like to see a Los Angeles County Sheriff Motor Unit(bmw motorcycle), also a LACOSD slicktop and dodge charger,suv and k-9 units

Really great mod!!! But, I might be missing something.. where can we download it at?

And, (just as a suggestion) is there any way that the lights on the LASD cars could be a little more like how they actually are..? I.E.. close to the same flash pattern (with the solid red/blue).. strobes in the front corners.. wig-wag headlights..? if you have it set to use the directional, also have solid red&blue on in the front?

hey your black over red roof engine if it is a cafs(compressed air foam system) engine it would be cool to have that unit spary foam and have the ability to spary water like the other engines. I would like to see a Los Angeles County Sheriff Motor Unit(bmw motorcycle), also a LACOSD slicktop and dodge charger,suv and k-9 units

There really is not a difference when the foam comes out on the CAFS engine, plus all LA County engines carry Class A foam on them. I have the slicktop and narcotics car in progress, and I will be making the BMW next.

Really great mod!!! But, I might be missing something.. where can we download it at?

And, (just as a suggestion) is there any way that the lights on the LASD cars could be a little more like how they actually are..? I.E.. close to the same flash pattern (with the solid red/blue).. strobes in the front corners.. wig-wag headlights..? if you have it set to use the directional, also have solid red&blue on in the front?

I already have the lights mapped perfectly thanks to CFD, he did a phenomenal job.