chrisblaalid

Project - US Army / USCG Mod - CANCELED!

All you have to do to use the models is email the creator of the model and get his written permission for you to use them.

Wrong.

Did you read our policy? This is not a matter of asking permissions.

NO MODELS FROM THE 3D WAREHOUSE ARE PERMITTED. PERIOD.

chrisblaalid, time to try making your own models. Since you're going for military hardware, which is usually comprised of a lot of squary shapes and straight lines, this should be fairly easy for a beginner.

By the way, I don't know how many times I'm going to have to repeat this, but Sketchup is NOT, I repeat NOT, the right tool to use when modding for this game.

Wrong.

chrisblaalid, time to try making your own models. Since you're going for military hardware, which is usually comprised of a lot of squary shapes and straight lines, this should be fairly easy for a beginner.

By the way, I don't know how many times I'm going to have to repeat this, but Sketchup is NOT, I repeat NOT, the right tool to use when modding for this game.

ok fine... I'll make my own :P

So I spent all day with this one...

Happy? :P

For an unexperimented modeler, you sure came up fast with a highly-detailed model - faster than any experimented modeler here does.

I work as a web designer :P so I know my way around computers... And I have an eye for details..

And a large army unit, like you said.. squares and lines...

And I used more than just today... It all started with this, then I got bored and unpantient after a few days and wanted to do things faster... ergo, 3dwarehouse where just a fast way to do things :P

Edited by chrisblaalid

Wrong.

Sorry, I remember someone saying that you just had to ask permission... guess it changes over time. :)

Heh... My profile is wrong... I'm 25, not 13..

Further more, I'm from Norway. Here in norway if the norwegian army is called out, the MP takes control of the local authorities.. Acting as regular policeofficers. I should know, I was in the army for 3 years (but this is 3 years ago).. Maybe I'm mixing up mp-tasks from both norway and the U.S, but like I pointed out before, this is just a game.. The possibilities are endless :P

However, I could use an "US Army inside man" to educate me on theyr tasks/responsibillity/and more..

I will try to make this mod as well as I can do.. Since my teammates on this mod are beginners (as am I) this will take some time to finish..

And the oshkosh I think, will be my nightmare :P

You don't need me. A US Army base is the perfect world. It does it's best to emulate the civilian world. The people doing these jobs are the only difference. Instead of having one person good at certain aspects of their job, you have one person good at EVERY aspect of their job.

sounds like he knows secrets of his country are u saying me 13 or him 13?

Yes. However, I just noticed your recent post about being a Cadet :)

I will try to make this mod as well as I can do.. Since my teammates on this mod are beginners (as am I) this will take some time to finish..

And the oshkosh I think, will be my nightmare :P

I wish you the best of luck mate, but you do realize on your current path this mod will probably be closed within days. Take the Oshkosh for instance, you said "the oshosk I think, will be my nightmare :P". Based on past experiences the initial stages of a mod (the model creations) are the hardest, and most time consuming. You just made a highly detailed one in a day. A feat that takes the most experienced modelers here weeks. I'm not trying to judge you, I just hope you know what your doing. It isn't worth going down a dead end. It's more satisfying when you can say I created this mod.

so pyro has a bet that this mod will close soon hmmm intresting anyways back on topic chris have you ever thought of learning how to model at least or try to recruit a modeler? and learn some skill to make a mod rather than just taking other peoples models that are already skinned and UV mapped?

Now if i'm wrong i apologise.

But This mod for rig of rods looks very similar to the oshkosh that you "made"

http://www.rigsofrods.com/threads/70502-Oshkosh-Hemtt

Also considering that you said that you were a "amature" then its rather unlikely that you made that model,

I could be wrong and you could have made that oshkosh, But considering that you used a model that you didn't make before, then i'm betting you did the same again.

Now if i'm wrong i apologise.

But This mod for rig of rods looks very similar to the oshkosh that you "made"

http://www.rigsofrod...2-Oshkosh-Hemtt

Also considering that you said that you were a "amature" then its rather unlikely that you made that model,

I could be wrong and you could have made that oshkosh, But considering that you used a model that you didn't make before, then i'm betting you did the same again.

No, doesn't look like it. They look the same, but then, they're models of the same thing. Look at the smaller details: this one has more curvature in the windscreen and has five axles, that one has four. The wing mirrors and the fuel tank (what little you can see of it) are also different. Generally, this model is more detailed.

I'm still suspicious just because of the way he has worded his posts. The way he wrote them makes me think that he's lying. It's difficult to tell when someone is lying over the Internet because you don't have the body language, voice, etc and they have more time to think up their answer, but it is possible. First of all, he shows no pride for his model even after he was accused of stealing. Secondly, the way he lists his reasons is suspicious, as if he has improvised them (if he were telling the truth, surely he would have been more fluid and confident in providing his reasoning?). Thirdly, overuse of the :P emoticon. Seems kind of like the scratching your chin thing in real life - people get nervous and add in little things to try to make it seem like they're calm and all good when they're not telling the truth (to him, no emoticons might seem as if he were worried and taking it very seriously). Fourth, web design has nothing whatsoever to do with 3d modelling. It's almost like an artist saying he's good with building construction because he's an artist. And then finally, when people aren't motivated to make their own models, they're unlikely to get that motivation just from someone telling them to.

His model is clearly this, ported to another program:

http://sketchup.goog...ba6&prevstart=0

The details are exactly the same. He's just added an orange box thing on top of it and removed the wheels.

To end this once and for all, I can simply do this. To the creator of this mod, send us a copy of your model, and by us I mean the staff, and we'll check it out, and if it does not match any of the suspected ones, then we know if it's yours or not. It's impossible to recreate a model the exact same way someone else did, so it's only to download four or five models, match them up and see if any fit. Just deleting stuff, or adding new stuff doesn't make the model yours

To end this once and for all, I can simply do this. To the creator of this mod, send us a copy of your model, and by us I mean the staff, and we'll check it out, and if it does not match any of the suspected ones, then we know if it's yours or not. It's impossible to recreate a model the exact same way someone else did, so it's only to download four or five models, match them up and see if any fit. Just deleting stuff, or adding new stuff doesn't make the model yours

Shuuure I'll send it, just tell me where to send it...

But you know what, you can just close this post / delete it or whatever... I'll just make a submod for the LA mod instead, with or without the fancy vehicles..

If I decide to make a "stand-alone" mod, I'll just make a new post

Edited by chrisblaalid

If he sends it, be wary of tricks like polygon decimation.. I've seen that used to disguise models before.